PDA

View Full Version : What quad is most like a Cannondale?

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Which out of these quads are the most like the cannondale in looks, handling, performance, power, suspensiom?

jesshamner
07-20-2005, 09:38 AM
There are 5 different models of cannondale. Which models are you trying to compare. A moto is going to handle a lot better than a cannibal.

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 09:48 AM
All cannondales handle sum what the same look sum what the same and perform sum what the same

07-20-2005, 09:55 AM
THIS IS A 450R FORUM. WHY ARE WE POSTING THREADS ON WHAT LOOKS LIKE A CANNONDALE? WHO CARES? CANNONDALES LOOK WEIRD ANYWAY.

07-20-2005, 09:56 AM
I KNOW, I KNOW

my caps lock was on.
sorry, guys.

YFZ450Ridr
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by force
THIS IS A 450R FORUM. WHY ARE WE POSTING THREADS ON WHAT LOOKS LIKE A CANNONDALE? WHO CARES? CANNONDALES LOOK WEIRD ANYWAY.

for one its not what looks like a cannondale, its what performs like one. i see a 450r on the list in the poll and it fits in the 450r section! not like its a major deal any way its just one thread;)

duke416ex
07-20-2005, 10:29 AM
None of the choices in my opinion, a cdale is its own beast.

chad502ex
07-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I agree with FORCE. This is a trx450R forum. Let's try to keep the topics focused to trx450r's.

It's a pain in the arse to waste time in threads not related to the main topic.

You know what i mean,..

jesshamner
07-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
All cannondales handle sum what the same look sum what the same and perform sum what the same

They may look the same but the definitely do not handle the same. Nor do they have the same power unless they all have the same engine mapping. So if they don't handle the same and don't have the same power, how can they perform the same? Have you rode all of the models? I'd venture out to say that you haven't since you started this thread in the first place. No flaming intended here but they definitely aren't the same machines.

If you want me to get specific, I list my opinion of what each model compares to.

Moto is mostly comparable to the yfz. They're both low, wide, and have an explosive midranges and topends.

The other models are comparable to the 450r or 400ex in handling. I felt right at home when I sold the 400ex and bought the cdale. The power deliveries of the cannibal and the blaze are smooth and powerful. The speed is the same exact thing as the cannibal only with a higher rev limiter and has the highest top speed of all cdales. It does sport the ohlins shock all around so it handles a little better than the cannibals that didn't come with ohlins. I guess I would have to say that the 450r with the right gearing is similar to the other models. As for the Glamis....I have no idea. I have never seen one in person. I don't know if it came with a wider stance or not. It was the same as a speed but came with lighter valved ohlins, sand tires, and a whip for the dunes. There were only a few made so I wouldn't even worry about comparing anything to them. Most dune people mod them anyway so it would be hard to track down a stock one for comparison.

Just ask the mods to move this thread to a different forum. Its not a big deal really.

07-20-2005, 12:17 PM
other atv forum

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry but this thread kinda helpin me decide what to do after this season. ive always wanted a cannondale( cannibal or moto mostly) and i race mx this quad would be the quad i raced at nationals when im old enough. if i can find a decently priced cannondale i might get one, but more likely i will gey a yfz.

rippin2
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
None of the choices in my opinion, a cdale is its own beast.

agreed cdale doesnt have any quad to compare with

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
bump

07-20-2005, 07:15 PM
My advice is take a look at what the pros are running. Do you see any Cannondales?

jesshamner
07-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer
My advice is take a look at what the pros are running. Do you see any Cannondales?

LOL...thats horrible advice. I guess you buy Sprite b/c Lebron James is in the commercials. Or you drink Gatorade b/c Michael Jordan used to be in those commercials. For one, he's probably not a pro. Could be though. Also, no pro is going to run a cannondale now. The industry is moving towards factory backing. It wouldn't make sense for a fully sponsored rider stop accepting freebies or whatever they get to ride something that will never have factory backing....although Cannondale had several big names when it was still in business. It just doesn't make good sense. But that doesn't mean that a cannondale or atk can't compete.

Martin Blair
07-20-2005, 10:15 PM
well the choice is obvious, the yfz450 because it breaks about as much as a cdale.

sampleez
07-20-2005, 10:24 PM
exactly!!

that's why so many pro's are going with the honda, cause they have great contingency program and support

i heard jones mainly switched to suzuki cause they gave him a good deal. and then natalie and wimmer switched cause eastcoastatv got a deal with a honda dealer, or something of that sort.

he!!, if a honda or suzuki dealer would give me a few bikes and support, i'd switch too! and duh.....after you put 20k into any of these bikes, their gonna rip. and imo, at the pro level, it's 99% rider and luck(wrecks and breakdowns)

cheetah
07-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I will say this from an honest opinion. I rode both the YFZ and R before I bought my R since my friends have both. I liked the R better, but ever since I got it I keep dumping money into it trying to make it a cannondale. I like my cannondale a lot better than my R, but it is just not practical to race anymore. I still get to keep it though and I hope to get it straightened out to race again.