PDA

View Full Version : need some tech help for my 250ex

biggeysmallz
07-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey, I hope someone here can help me out. I bought my 2003 250ex in april and i've been riding it since. when i bought it it used to stall out when i put it in gear when it was cold. it has been getting more and more often when it stalls. i just went out today and i must have stalled it 100 times. everytime i put it in first or in reverse it stalls out unless i give it gas as i let the shifter down (its an auto-clutch). it would make sense to me that the idle is just too low but it sounds ok and i just dont know how to adjust the idle on this thing anyway. i have tried simple things like oil changes and new a plug but that doesn't help. it seems like the clutch isn't disengaging when i'm not on the gas. it even does it when i stop now. its crazy. i have to hold the shifter up or down when im not moving so it wont stall. if anyone has had a similar problem and has fixed it please give me some pointers. i would appreciate it! Thanks, mike mmoonan69@yahoo.com

JTRtrx250r
07-19-2005, 08:09 PM
dirty airfilter?:confused:

brokeitin3
07-20-2005, 07:51 PM
turn the idle screw in a 1/4 turn at a time. make sure the engineis warm when you do it. 1/4 or 1/2 turn in on the idle should fix the problem

biggeysmallz
07-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna try both ideas.

biggeysmallz
08-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, i tried both. i cleaned my filter out and i turned the screw even more than halfway in. that thing was screaming at idle and it would still stall when i started, less often though, so it seemed to be helping a little but i didn't want to raise the idle even more because it already feels very high after i turned it like that. does anyone know if these bikes have a fuel filter on them? i cant imagine that it wouldn't have a fuel filter but i cant find it.

actually, while i'm asking questions, does anyone know how much oil to add to the rear diff when you change the fluid? i see the screw on the side, the drain plug and the filler. i am thinking the you fill it to a level somehow according to the screw on the side but i'm not sure how. any help, as always, would be appreciated! Thanks!

TheFontMaster
08-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by biggeysmallz

actually, while i'm asking questions, does anyone know how much oil to add to the rear diff when you change the fluid? i see the screw on the side, the drain plug and the filler. i am thinking the you fill it to a level somehow according to the screw on the side but i'm not sure how. any help, as always, would be appreciated! Thanks!

I am no expert on the 250ex, but if it is anything like the oil check on the 250r engine, unscrew the screw and add oil untill it comes out the hole, then just put the screw back in.

biggeysmallz
08-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that advice. i was thinking that it was probably something like that. if anyone has any ideas for my other problem; i am taking suggestions...