PDA

View Full Version : Houser XC Suspension... Good Choice??

Quad18star
07-19-2005, 02:14 PM
What do you all think of Houser XC a-arms with Elka suspension ?? The arms are +0.5 Long travel . Elkas are High and low speed compression adj. The rear would be Houser swingarm , Houser linkage and Elka suspension ( high and low speed adj.)

Would this be a good setup ?? I've never really paid much attention to the Houser stuff before . How well does it hold up for XC type riding/Racing ??

07-19-2005, 02:18 PM
The new houser stuff i heard is garbage. Ball joints are snapping all the times on their ****. sorry i don't kno wmuch about that setup though.

TORO1968
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
The new houser stuff i heard is garbage. Ball joints are snapping all the times on their ****. sorry i don't kno wmuch about that setup though.

:rolleyes: I have to completely disagree here... Have you seen said problems with Houser a-arms/ball joints????

Houser uses Laeger and high quality cup-style ball joints just like many of the other top a-arm manufacturers, and as far as I know, there are few, if any, issues with these.

Greg, I think that Houser's stuff is very nice...I couldn't be happier with my setup, especially for the price. So far, I have not had one issue with my LT a-arms, and I've been pretty hard on them.

Jeff@The Quadshop and Rico can give you some good info on durability in XC racing situations...

07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that its just what i've heard from people using their stuff.

Pappy
07-19-2005, 08:44 PM
the only negative things ive heard about housers arms are that the riders are having to replace the encapsulated upper ball joint more often then they feel they should. (most folks dont realize they have to be replaced and ride them till they give up the ghost)

but i agree, i havent heard of houser ball joints breaking. good quality parts at decent prices with good customer support.

Quad18star
07-19-2005, 08:56 PM
What are things to look for when buying Used suspension parts ?? A member on this site has a pretty good deal on all this stuff ... he has 9 GNCCs , and a few harescrambles .

450RGNCC
07-19-2005, 09:16 PM
be really careful with any parts that have been through even one GNCC, there is a lot of wear and tear on parts during a GNCC, check for bent parts, any major dents, cracks, if possible see the part on a quad first, it is much easier to see if something is bent that way.