PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky lake

Tango
06-01-2002, 12:55 AM
I went to Ironwood, Michigan over memorial day weekend. They had a big atv rally there. Its was a blast, a little rainy on saturday. I could have swore someone told me there are trails around Kentucky lake. Does anyone know of any other rallys that weekend? Looking for somewhere different to go next year.

Striker49
06-01-2002, 03:39 PM
There is an OHV park on Kentucky Lake. Its called Turkey Bay. We had an EXRiders ride there back at the first of April. Bout 100 Miles of trails. Great place to ride and lotsa hills, some big enough to make your mommy cry. :cool:

Tango
06-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Thanks striker, I love big hills. I hope the trails are all wooded!

Striker49
06-02-2002, 11:33 AM
They are wooded for the most part. Rico seemed to like it pretty good. PM me if you plan on goin and maybe we can hook up and ride sometime. We may try to get another EXRiders ride set-up this fall or somin....we will see. :cool:

Moto92
06-02-2002, 10:34 PM
Im up for another ride, just give a week or so heads up

Striker49
06-02-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Im up for another ride, just give a week or so heads up

Ill letcha know, you guys can name a date here in a couple months. I get my license this fall so ill be set then. :D

06-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Tango
Does anyone know of any other rallys that weekend? Looking for somewhere different to go next year.

Well it is alot of fun,,you'll ride the same trail more than once but its better that way I think,,cuz you can remember were all the big natural jumps are at..:eek: and it's not laid out were you have to go up hills you really don't want to go up. I had a blast and can't wait to go back. BUT here's the kicker about the question on goin next year....I was talkin to a guy I know at the local bar friday night..:D that was there memorial weekend and he said the police was handin out DUI's left and right to people that were drinking and riding...even stopping people with coolers on there quads and checking for beer and giving breathalizer's...I don't drink and ride but thought I give you a heads up.. He also said there was a butt load of people there,,probably too many people..

Striker49
06-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Well it is alot of fun,,you'll ride the same trail more than once but its better that way I think,,cuz you can remember were all the big natural jumps are at..:eek: and it's not laid out were you have to go up hills you really don't want to go up. I had a blast and can't wait to go back. BUT here's the kicker about the question on goin next year....I was talkin to a guy I know at the local bar friday night..:D that was there memorial weekend and he said the police was handin out DUI's left and right to people that were drinking and riding...even stopping people with coolers on there quads and checking for beer and giving breathalizer's...I don't drink and ride but thought I give you a heads up.. He also said there was a butt load of people there,,probably too many people..

You heard right. LEO was all over the place. Someone broke a leg and wrist and had to be air lifted out when we got their. It was so packed on Saturday that they had to turn people back b/c there was so many already there. I went up on Monday and it had cleared out a little but I have never seen that many people there. Plus the water was up bout 3 foot higher than average so the back parking lot was not accessable(sp?) by vehicle and alot of the trails near the lake down in the vallies were under but it wasnt bad, still had plenty of ridin room and plenty of water to play in w/o worring bout gettin stuck in a mud hole. :cool: Anytime you guys wanna set a ride then go ahead. Like I said I get my license in a little over 3 months so ill more than likely be able to come on any weekend you guys set it for. :cool:

BS300ex5
06-03-2002, 09:47 PM
hey where is turkey bay at and do the have a web page or does anyone have any pics of the joint?

Tango
06-03-2002, 11:05 PM
It does sound killer. Now I really wanna go! I did find land between two lakes on the net. Does anyone have some trail shots?

Moto92
06-04-2002, 11:45 AM
Their page is http://www.lbl.org

Striker49
06-04-2002, 12:26 PM
The only pics I have are the ones RIKR4X got of me, Rico, and Froggieboi. I dont have and good pics of the trails and Im not sure if any body else got pics. Rico said somin bout he got a few but I havent asked him bout it.

Heres me and froggieboi

Striker49
06-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Here's ol Rico and his 416