while they defrost-

has anyone found a way

nakomis0
09-18-2001, 05:18 PM
Thats a new one....

I heard to put dry ice in your airbox.:huh

400exRacerX
09-18-2001, 06:49 PM
couldnt dry ice melt or crack your plastic airbox?

09-18-2001, 06:50 PM
i dont think either methiod mentioned above would be effictive. frozen plastic thingys aren't cold enough and i wouldn't think you could fit enough dry ice into the box to make any noticable differance, but i think the theory is pretty accurate about the cold air

"BLAHH"300!!
09-18-2001, 07:02 PM
so what would be the best idea

nakomis0
09-18-2001, 07:20 PM
Take a small refrigerator cooling motor and mount it to your grab bar (tie wraps would probably work well for this).
Using a 3" holesaw cut one hole in your airbox, use somesort of 3" plastic tubing to connect the outlet of the cooling motor to the airbox. now with the hard part done all you have to do is ground the motor, and hook a wire from the positive side of the battery to the motor.

Probably find an old refrigerator, because buying a new frig just to take apart and do this mod would be pretty expensive. Good luck hanging on, with all that new found horsepower!:D

09-19-2001, 06:11 PM
if you took the airbox lid off and put a little fan and strapped it on would that do anything?

also could you rigg a small fan towards the engine too keep it cool, or will that be just dumb?

nakomis0
09-19-2001, 07:45 PM
probably the only place you could 'seriously' mount a fan is one pointing at the oil cooler,

"BLAHH"300!!
09-19-2001, 08:27 PM
that probably wouldn't be worht the trouble though

it's have to turn like super fast rotations to go faster than the air already passing the motor

putting one beside your bike after parking it while hot would make sence though

09-22-2001, 10:48 PM
Actually a fan would make ALOT of scence in front of the motor when you are on slow trails 1st and 2nd gear. You could set up a toggle switch to turn it on when going slow and obviously when cruising there would be no poin. :huh

inacoma91
09-23-2001, 09:57 AM
Actually what you really want is cold fuel in the carb. When we raced our 125 karts we ran this cover on all of our fuel lines. Wrapped the tank with the same material. Its kind of like a heat reflective type of material. Shiny on the outside and there is a tan colored header wrap on the inside. It seemed to work because we had to have fuel tested after each heat and mine was always the coolest compared to the other guys.................Since there is hardly any room to put this material on a fourwheeler i doubt it would do anything plus there is only one little line running from the tank to the carb............

Andrew