PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Youth Day Triathlon

Livin4Real
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
We hit the annual youth day triathlon in Bainbridge, OH this past weekend and aside from the downpour that turned the place into a soup bowl our kids had fun and
did awesome. It was a three event day, starting with the rodeo in the morning, followed by the mx race then a harescramble so the kids got a workout! Brandon won the mx event for his class and ended up 3rd in the harescramble for his class, and we'll just say the rodeo event isn't his favorite, lol. He ended up 3rd overall for the day after they added up the points for each event.
The quad is now down to the bare frame again for cleaning and the rear shock is on the way to Jon for repair (someone rear-ended him during the hs knocking the schraeder valve loose and draining the nitro) and all four tires had to be removed to clean the wood from the trees out of the beads but other than that were good , lol. Alex won the mx and rodeo in his class and Austin picked up the hs win in his class. Matthew (HR15's son) picked up the overall win in his class I believe and Trevor ended up third in the mx in his class. Great job guys! Thanks to the folks at www.humboldthills.com for putting on the event.

Alex in front, Brandon behind, right after the harescramble.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/702601/dirtyduo.JPG
The dirty five from left: Alex, Brandon, Trevor, Austin, Matthew
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/702601/XFXIV-BrandonsTriathalon009.jpg
Brandon
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/702601/SXCWH-BrandonsTriathalon010.jpg

Johnny & Monica
07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Looks like we all missed a lot of fun. Congrats to the kids for racing hard and having a blast.:D

hr15
07-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Matthew had a great time,all the kids in each of the classes are real troopers.They all hung in there despite the weather.Jay and the Humboldt crew put on another great race.

thunderisland
07-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey Brian why didn't you mention Cain in your post.All things considered I think he did pretty well just getting off a airplane and hadn't rode in a month.Just kidding he had a great time at the hare scramble he really liked the course,he really didn't like the mx track much but all in all pretty good day.Alex was in first and Cain in 2nd after the first lap then track conditions seemed to wear him and thw quad down.Good job Jay we are considering coming for your September race.

OhioViper
07-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Justin got a 4th place finish over all in the Mini SR class. He ran a good rodeo round with a 2nd place finish and managed a 6th place in the MX after getting shook up in practice. He rolled over the double a little too fast and smacked the front of the second hump and put himself up on the bars, kinda rang his bell. Then the hairscramble he finished 9th , he was running poorly due to taking in some water in a big mud puddle.Not bad for only his second time out racing. it was a blast. Took us a long time to get it all cleaned up and back together. It was nice to meet you guys. We are lucky as we only live about 10 miles from the track I bet you guys were beat by the time you got home.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1051168/Justinjump.jpg

OhioViper
07-20-2005, 06:55 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1051168/JustinsRace4thplaceJuly17,05009.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1051168/JustinsRace17th.jpg

Almost forgot to say thanks to Jay and the guys at Humboldt Hills for putting on a great race for the kids.

Arctic Cat Dad
07-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Good job boys! I wish we knew about this race we would have showed up. By the looks of the quads and the shape of the boys, Michael would have loved to been there. He always prays for rain before an XC race. He always says the muddier the better!

Livin4Real
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Sorry Rich :( I forgot where Cain finished so i didn't want to say the wrong thing :o I knew I recognized that quad in your sig Viper, of course they were all brown on Sunday, lol. And Arctic make sure you have a good 4x4 to make it up the hill at humboldt (and good trailer brakes for on the way down, it's a little hairy when it rains :eek2: ) Hey Rich , you guys going to make it out to the fair race Thursday? Brandon's shock should be back in this morning ( as I hope and pray) as long as it is we'll be there. Lennie you guys coming too? Should be another good time, it's storming like crazy as I type here in Indy though, hopefully not another mudfest, my pocketbook is still recover from last weekend.

Livin4Real
07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey Viper, try using www.villagephotos.com for hosting pics it's free and they don't mind if you link them. And someone should bring up the idea of making that first jump into a tabletop instead of the death trap it is now, lol. And yes we were beat it was a 3 hr. drive for us so the quad stayed inside the trailer until morning. I stripped it to the frame and started over again it was so bad.

thunderisland
07-21-2005, 05:53 AM
Brian that's cool I was just kidding.Cain ended up 4th in mx and 4th in the hs and 7th overall not bad for missing the rodeo.Were still broke down Cain has football so I told Ron no big hurry.Maybe we'll see you at Osgood Monday night fair.

Livin4Real
07-23-2005, 12:06 AM
We're taking a couple weeks off for practice at home and to save some cash. The racing every weekend plus the weekday fairs is starting to melt the ole debit card :blah: Time to move to phase II on the quad and start working on the engine ;)

humboldt hills
07-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey Everyone,
Thanks for coming and all the great feedback.
I am so glad we made it through the rain!
Sorry for the delay posting the pictures, I have a bunch of them and it takes awhile.
I am truly amazed at the amount of miniatvs are coming to our races. The first race kind of scared me, watching them fly around so fast. But, I got over it and I just love watching them battle it out, just like the big guys.
Hope to see you all at the next SOCCS round on Sept. 17th at Happy Hollow.
Thanks Again
Jay

hr15
07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to the pics as always and the next race.:)