PDA

View Full Version : trx450r BUILD

aroracer72
07-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Hey guyss,

This winter ill have about 4500 dollars to spend on building my 450r up. Its gonna be a high caliber mx quad, i already have elka quadrupple rate remote rezzie front shocks. Your job is to help me determine what parts to buy to best economize my funds. I need LT arms, steering stem, swingarm, axle, tires, wheels, bars, pipe(already have one..but getting new one), rear shock, plastic and graphcis.

have fun and feel free to give your suggestions.
CHAD

TheFontMaster
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Get an elka dual rate fully adjustable rear shock with the elka long travel linkage. For most everything else, +3 LT a arms, swingarm, +1 sterring stem, lock nut, +2+4 axel, make one call to lonestar racing. Wheels, get some OMF scaloped beadlocks, on holshot mxr4 tires. A pulse Charger exaust, and blue maier plastics, and renthal cr bend bars. Atleast thats what I would do.

aroracer72
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Checked out LSR...ncie stuff...jsut toooo expensive. Im personally looking at HOUSER swingarm, steering stem, and a-arms. As for wheels i already have a full set of hipers...so thats cool.
idk....im kinda lookin for a not well known a-arm/chassis component builder to be named...anyone???
CHAD

250xridamatt
07-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Check out Herrmann Racing (http://www.herrmannracing.com/honda/450r/450r_index.htm) I have all of their stuff on my 426ex, and I really like it. It seems to be some quality stuff. Only complaint is that my powder coat is chipping, but the powdercoat is probably two years old. It is just normal wear.

Herrmanns stuff is cheaper than the Houser, and still a good name. I have also heard some bad things about the houser ball joints. But I dont know what the deal with that is. Herrmann is also an elka dealer and they have lonestar axles. Maybe work on getting a deal since you would be buying so much stuff at one time.

Matt

CannondaleRider
07-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
I have also heard some bad things about the houser ball joints.

Houser balljoints? I've heard nothing bad on them......i've heard A LOT of bad, bad, terrible things about Lonestar balljoints though:ermm:

HondaEXrider22
07-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Make sure you get some nerfs and body gaurds.

theTman
07-19-2005, 07:48 AM
www.walshrc.com ;)

EvilJester400EX
07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Walsh Racecraft... lol he's on a budget man. Get in touch with John at Legacy ATV about the Viper product line. www.legacyatv.com

07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
well there went your $4500 on just aarms....little exaggeration i know.

Chino
07-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Houser balljoints? I've heard nothing bad on them......i've heard A LOT of bad, bad, terrible things about Lonestar balljoints though:ermm:

I've saw several people break houser's lower ball joints this year running a long travel front end. In a matter of 2 months I saw 11 lower ball joints break. IMO Houser's new stuff is absolutley JUNK! the swingarms are cracking right by the weld on the right side. The steering stems twist very easily and also have a loose fit. I wouldn't run anything Houser, up until this year i have had no complaints about houser but now it sucks, and he wont stand behind his product by replacing it or refunding it. It's more of a quick fix that will just break again.

Out_Sider
07-19-2005, 10:56 AM
JB Racing ;)

aroracer72
07-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Herrmann was the name i was waiting to hear. I was shoopping them a little while back and they have great prices and good quality. I jsut couldnt find there website...thats cause i was forgetting it has 2 r's is herrmann.

My first choise was walsh, until i saw there a-arms are around 1200 and there swingers are like 823.....thats jsut rediculous if you ask me. They are probably the best a-arms on the market...but please.

And i am gonna be buying a package deal from a company...in hopes they will give me free shipping or something. Usually a company will cut you a deal if you buy a lot of stuff from them. In my case im gonna be buying a swingarm, a-arms, rear shock, elka rear linkage, and steering stem. And also probably some other small stuff.
CHAD

Hondadudeehhhh
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
ive got a mod, sell your dale or crf to me :D

Where are you going to be racing man? Next year i'll be at a lot of the michigan races, pitting for my bike buddies or racing the c class. What tracks do you normally hit up around here though?

aroracer72
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I normally ride my bike at BajaMX or freelin. But lately ive been going to log road so i can practice on both my dirtbike and my quad. And if your serious about buying my dale, then lets talk buisness.....pm me if you serious.
CHAD