PDA

View Full Version : Should i sell the honda for the new SUZ

Jeff2269
07-18-2005, 08:52 PM
This new suzuki is suppose to be AWESOME. Its going to be fuel injected. Its also suppose to have suspension that is better than most aftermarket supsension that is available now. Its also going to be 3 in wider than the honda and yamaha! They are also saying that next year Gust and Jones are going to be racing it with stock arms, shocks and swingarm. Thats pretty crazy. I wonder what this machine is going to cost. What do you guys think?

Mxracer53
07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Do whatever fits your budget. Personally I would wait and see the suzuki before you go and sell your quad. It might be a beater or it might be a pro quad. I would wait and see magazines aren't always right either.

Jeff2269
07-18-2005, 09:29 PM
You are right, but you know that suzuki is not going to disappoint. It may take a little bit for them to work the bugs out like it took Honda.

jesshamner
07-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Why would you even attempt to make this decision right now? It makes no sense. Just wait until it comes out so you can compare.

Ridin' Jesse
07-18-2005, 09:50 PM
wait for honda too...no one knows whats coming from them either...

and i dont want anyones BS "oh yeah my friend uncles sisters cousins best friends husband works at R&D(or whatever) and says its gonna have this" <- spare me the reading people

Punk'd
07-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Wait.. deff

450r51
07-19-2005, 06:09 AM
just wait and see, and no they rnt gonna use the stock shocks, since both riders are sponsored by elka, i doubt they will stick with the stock shocks.

Jeff2269
07-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Im just going by what the mags say

chad502ex
07-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
This new suzuki is suppose to be AWESOME. Its going to be fuel injected. Its also suppose to have suspension that is better than most aftermarket supsension that is available now. Its also going to be 3 in wider than the honda and yamaha! They are also saying that next year Gust and Jones are going to be racing it with stock arms, shocks and swingarm. Thats pretty crazy. I wonder what this machine is going to cost. What do you guys think?

never ever sell a HONDA for a Suzuki! What are you insane? LOL
:eek2:

just kidd'n just do what makes you happy!

TrX450rKiD
07-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
Im just going by what the mags say
Think about what you just said ...

Ridin' Jesse
07-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD
Think about what you just said ...

OWNED

XCredrider
07-19-2005, 09:07 AM
They are going to be using stock shocks, a-arms, swingarm, and axle. Probably revalved by noleen or elaka maybe. Think about it... would you give up a sponsor for your shocks to keep your factory sponser? Id say, see ya elka. :devil: I love my honda but this Suzuki is going to be bad. I almost think about selling my 250r for one but i never will. If you want the best production quad though plan on selling the 450 in the future. It's only going to be good on the track though for the fact its about 3 in wider than a yamaha and lower than it also.

300exHILLER
07-19-2005, 10:49 AM
"Elka will never produce a stock shock for an ATV". -Owner of ELKA

infantry317
07-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Who honestly thinks any manufacturer can make a quad as awesome as all the hype out there for under $10-12000. No way, maybe they will have add-on kits.

XCredrider
07-19-2005, 03:12 PM
300hiller.... I didnt say it would have elka shocks stock.. im talking about their race bikes. They will probably be revalved by noleen for their setup and weight etc. I also never heard anyone say that it would be for under 10,000. Think about the cannondale. No stock quad is even close to the cannondale moto. Of course it can be made that but then you will be at about the same price. Of course it costs more but if you are serious enough to buy a motocross quad in the first place you will put more than 10,000 into it anyways to get it up to par. I've seen the new suzuki under the cover and iit is wide and it is low. Like i said before... i love honda but it is not going to hold a candle to the new suzuki on a track. I stick by my opinion and if i am wrong you guys can come back on here and bash my all day long. I just know suzuki is serious and they are really going to step it up. :cool:

motox450
07-19-2005, 04:13 PM
I know everyone is excited to see what is coming out next, but I highly doubt that we are going to see race ready quads in the near future. First the manufactures of the quads will not sell as many quads a 10 grand as they can at the current prices, I do believe that the factories will start having (kits) for base model quads they sell out the door. These parts will be made in house and will be comperable to what we buy aftermarket wise now. That way they can make their money off the original purchase and continue to make money from the kits. As for FI I do believe that isn't far off, and is possible for those quads that have exsisting batteries. If they are kick start (Honda) they will more than likely have a carb. The FI would reqire a battery to run it and I doubt they will add it just for FI. These are just my opinions.

R3Concepts
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
My brothers springing for the new Zuck, so we'll see if it can run with our worked Hondas. From all the hype is seems like a bad bike, and Gust and Jones are going to race it somewhat stock..Comes with LT arms and chromoly swinger, you can believe Mike Walsh had a hand in the R&D on that one. Rumored around 7500. I DO think it will be FI, suzuki just has it down pat, all there streetbikes put out big #s. But we'll see.