PDA

View Full Version : GNCC money wheres it all go?

woodsracer420
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
i was just thinking, theres alot of money from racers that go into the gncc

$10 to get in the gate x about 1,000 people? (quads)

= $10,000

$40 to get in the race x 450 racers

= $18,000

now you got $28,000 for one race and quads only, now times that by 13

$364,000 a year for quads and you could more than double that counting the bikes

$728,000 and now you could throw in the sponsors, i have now idea what they give but just say a $1,000 a piece about 26

= $26,000
+
$728,000

=$754,000 since there alot more bike racers ill round it up to $800,000

now where does all this money go? what do they give the class champions, i heard nothing more than a bag of junk. i could be wrong. but thats alot of jack not to be paying the top riders of every class. and most of the workers are volunteers right? it also seems the GNC series pays ALOT more and even the WORCS series pays more? its sounds like a bunch of BS, all the money you can spend to run series with nothing in return? let me if im wrong

GaryDavis
07-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I heard the largest portion goes to the Riders Anger Management Program! If the chips fall the way that I think they will I'll be racing against two guys that I have the most respect for (Dave Simmons/John Cunningham) in 06. I don't care if I receive anything, all I want to do is mix it up with them. You have to understand when your as handsome as I am nothing else matters! :cool::D

Johnny_G
07-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Racer productions has a full time traveling PAID crew of over 15 employees. now lets assume they are only making $20K each..Thats roughly $300,000 of your proposed $800,000 profit that is now gone.

So $500,000 is what we have left right?
-event insurance (I have heard this figure to be as high as $5K per event but lets say it is only $2K) $2Kx13 races=$26K

$474K
-Land owner fees Minnimum is $10K, (some facilities get more) thats another $130K gone bringing us down to $305K

$344K
-Rider payout is roughly $6K per event between bikes and quads there goes another $78K

Now we are left with $266,000

They bring AT LEAST 5 different rigs/vehicles to every event I know that we spent $3600 on fuel in 2004 for one rig. So there goes another $18Grand leaving us with a whopping total of $248,000 and that is only with the expenses I can think of off the top of my head. I cant even imagine all the other hidden expenses such as printing costs for schedules and such, and the cost of equipment and upkeep for all the equipment.

That is split between the 5 members of Coombs family so each would be making roughly $49600 per year from the GNCC series before taxes.

No flame intended here, but that is not near enough money for me to put up with the crap that I see them go through in a weekend.

Truth be told Racer Productions and the Coombs family only promote the GNCC's because it was BIG DAVE's dream....they can make far more money promoting one outdoor national than they do with all 13 GNCC's and I for one am just glad they still do promote the series so I have a well organized and professionally run place to go race.

jlhughes750
07-19-2005, 09:17 AM
Good info Johnny!!!

They do however promote alot of other events that they profit from right????? I'm asking not assuming... How many outdoor bike nat.'s do they do, not to mention the 2 GNC's they do????
And if I'm not mistaken the promote quite a few locals????

My point is $49600 is not bad especially if theres income coming in from other places too!! I'm sure its a huge hassle sometimes, but like you say Johnny its a labor of love!!!!!!!

Johnny_G
07-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Jl:
Don't get me wrong....I am well aware that Racer Productions is a very very profitable company. They promote 2 outdoor nationals that make up the largest portion of their income, as well as a few GNC's, and the HUGE Lorreta Lynn's amature nationals for the bikes.

The only point I was trying to make is that while they are making money with the GNCC series, it is not anywhere near the amount they could make if they focused their efforts on other types of events, SO I for one will not chastize them for making a few bucks, but rather be very very thankfull that the have chosen to keep the best offroad series in america growing and prospering, rather than dump it in favor of making more money elsewhere.

Teufel
07-19-2005, 10:04 AM
What about the percentage that goes into Rita's mattress!! :cool:

Johnny & Monica
07-19-2005, 10:14 AM
I think no matter what they make it`s a great series . An all you east of the mississippi river should be really greatful.We over here by Kansas city got travel to go to a gncc. An now you got the 12 hours of america also.

But we have Iowa an the IATVHSS series an it`s well ran :D

Just be thankful theres people who will run a nice series.

Johnny_G
07-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I think no matter what they make it`s a great series . An all you east of the mississippi river should be really greatful.We over here by Kansas city got travel to go to a gncc. An now you got the 12 hours of america also.

But we have Iowa an the IATVHSS series an it`s well ran :D

Just be thankful theres people who will run a nice series.

Amen Sista!!!!!!!!!

Johnny & Monica
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
Amen Sista!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha Ha That post was from my other half Ha Ha Ha Lol but I back every word he said.;) :D

seamonster
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
what everyone needs to remember is RP is a business and not a non-profit organization. They do a great job and I will continue to race because of the effort they put forth. But, in the end, they are still a business and they should be making money. Good for them. As long as they continue to hold outstanding events at great venues they will be profitable................

holeshot19
07-20-2005, 07:25 PM
be very quiet in the matrix the higher power ones allways remember who you are:huh and plus yall are only doing the figures on the quads do them on all the bikes minis and the youth atvs and that number will go up

Shawn H
07-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Who cares if they are making Money:rolleyes:

There are many other fee's involved Im sure,

Servicing all there Equipment,trucks,tractors, trailers advertising fee's, all the GNCC stickers,tape, barcodes,the wooden stakes, the list goes on and on and it all adds up>

The guy you work for is making money too,if you dont like it sart your own buisness to make all the money.

Be thankfull ya got an awesome series!

Johnny_G
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by holeshot19
be very quiet in the matrix the higher power ones allways remember who you are:huh and plus yall are only doing the figures on the quads do them on all the bikes minis and the youth atvs and that number will go up

actually that figure included the bikes as well... I aint hating eddy just statin...LOL

popo
07-21-2005, 01:48 PM
All that money goes into Rita's bling bling hub caps for her van...

And who ever stole her hub cap, she wants it back.

woodsracer420
07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
thanks for the info. i wasnt really complaining about them making money, i was just wondering were all the money went. it would be nice to have some good payouts for class champions. for myself i cant afford to travel to all nationals but if there was a good payout it would be worth more the risk for me and would probably attract even more racers

thanks