PDA

View Full Version : nuetral saftey switch

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Do any of you guys know a way to disengage the nuetral saftey switch on a z400? this thing is a pain the butt for me, i like my levers down a little and this wont let me do that on the clutch perch. i would also like to buy a new clutch perch but i wasnt sure if i could because the nuetral saftey switch has a few wires running to it. anybody know how to get rid of this thing?

07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
when i got my moose clutch perch what i did was disconnected the safety switch the makes you pull in the clutcha nd taped it down under by the headlight. This makes it so ytou can start without the clutch pulled in.

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
you pulled off the hole thing, the little round rubber deal with the metal ring around it then taped that under the quad? im not completly clear on what you said.

07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
sorry for the bad explanation. I took of the little rubber boot that connects to the thing. Rips off the rubber piece and make sure the 2 metal piece that were inside the boot that you ripped off are connected. electrical tape them and then slide them down in there somewhere. that its!

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 02:12 PM
ok thanks a lot man, seems like you always help me with issues on my z:p

07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
lol thats cuz i've had all the issues you've had. lol just wait till the rear end starts screwing up. thats a bundle of fun and a bag of chips. :blah:

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
lol thats cuz i've had all the issues you've had. lol just wait till the rear end starts screwing up. thats a bundle of fun and a bag of chips. :blah:

oh of ive done 2 other rear ends on my dads bike and my friends bike. and my dad is an ex-mechainic so im fine:blah: i had complecations with the saftey switch because i accedently pulled the black wire out of it, but i got it all buttoned up and it works great thanks agian.