PDA

View Full Version : What kind of spider is this?

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I live in iowa. Anyone know what kind of spider this is? I cant kill it if its not dangerous. Bad pic I know.

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10009872lu.jpg

07-17-2005, 09:12 PM
dude thats poisonous, kill it NOW

ha j/p idk but it looks big so i wouldnt want it runing around my house:o

400grl
07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I can't tell in the pic very well - does he have sort of hairy striped legs and a cream or light brown fat body with two "horns" or little spikes sticking out? If so, it's a barn spider, and I had one for a pet for a year or two when I was little....pretty cool - I never tried to touch it though. Otherwise, I can't reallt see it and have no idea what it is! :)

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Me and my friend saw this huge one by my lake oneday it was like the size of my hand:eek:

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
ill try to get more pics. When ever I come out there he runs in front of the camera. I feed him flys and ants to. I guess he's a model. or SHE, I seen little ones running around. Pics coming in a minute.

400exrules
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
i belive that is a Gargantuan-rhinoeatinturkeykiller........kill it now

either way, its a spider, it should be dead

TheFontMaster
07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by nebjamin
ill try to get more pics. When ever I come out there he runs in front of the camera. I feed him flys and ants to. I guess he's a model. or SHE, I seen little ones running around. Pics coming in a minute.

Shure now your feeding him ants and flys soon it will be cats, then it will keep growing and he will need cows, then he will eat somebody and you will have to hide him from the cops at a camp in the mountains.

07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
either way, its a spider, it should be dead YES! i absolutley HATE spiders!!!

Snow
07-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Shure now your feeding him ants and flys soon it will be cats, then it will keep growing and he will need cows, then he will eat somebody and you will have to hide him from the cops at a camp in the mountains.
:eek2:

Doober
07-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster

hahahaha

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 09:30 PM
pics are kind of off but its hard. I found a big beetle but it ran away. As usual it came out and sat for pics.

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10009921id.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10009936tg.jpg

Now can you tell?

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 09:34 PM
OMG get that out of your house man!!!!!!!!!!

DvxDirtSlinger
07-17-2005, 09:34 PM
i never thought spiders could do any harm...til a coulple months ago one bit me while i was asleep, it bit me on top of my left hand toward my wrist. when i woke up i noticed it felt kinna sore and there was a small knot, didnt think anything of it til later on in the day when it hurt really bad and then the next day there was a knot the size of a jaw breaker. went to the doc and he said it was a bite from a brown rekluse and there was nothing he could do about it but give me some pain medicine and it would get alot worse before it got better. the next day my hand was swelled up twice its normal size and i couldnt move my wrist and it had a red ring surrounding all of where it bit me and it started moving up my arm. called the doc and he called me in some anti-boitics just incase the infection spread. next day i still couldnt move my hand and it was still about twice its normal size and hard as a rock. a few days later it started coming to a head like a HUGE zit. i was sitting in the machine shop at school and let some freinds talk me into popping it like a zit...bad idea, i pricked it with my knife and squeezed the **** outta it and the little head was comming up but it was barley coming...all at once i heard a rather loud "squish" and a mixture of puss and blood shot out of my hand like a squirt gun, it made a solid stream on the floor that went 8 ft!! and i was still "milking" it out. my teacher sent me to the nurse and she milked it til it was pretty much dry, i had a divit in my hand sunk in almost as far as it was swelled out! the nurse wrapped it up and sent my back to class, 2 hours later someone asked me how it was so i unwrapped it.. it was completly swelled again! this cycle went on for the remainder of the day and the whole next day. it got better but i still have a smaller but still very noticable divit in my hand and a perminent bruise..i never even seen what bit me...all i know is i hope that ******* that bit me died!!

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 09:37 PM
i dont think we get brown reclose around here. If we do, its dead tonight.

07-17-2005, 09:37 PM
u dont want this now do u? spider bite from a spyder similar to yours....

400exrules
07-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DvxDirtSlinger
i never thought spiders could do any harm...til a coulple months ago one bit me while i was asleep, it bit me on top of my left hand toward my wrist. when i woke up i noticed it felt kinna sore and there was a small knot, didnt think anything of it til later on in the day when it hurt really bad and then the next day there was a knot the size of a jaw breaker. went to the doc and he said it was a bite from a brown rekluse and there was nothing he could do about it but give me some pain medicine and it would get alot worse before it got better. the next day my hand was swelled up twice its normal size and i couldnt move my wrist and it had a red ring surrounding all of where it bit me and it started moving up my arm. called the doc and he called me in some anti-boitics just incase the infection spread. next day i still couldnt move my hand and it was still about twice its normal size and hard as a rock. a few days later it started coming to a head like a HUGE zit. i was sitting in the machine shop at school and let some freinds talk me into popping it like a zit...bad idea, i pricked it with my knife and squeezed the **** outta it and the little head was comming up but it was barley coming...all at once i heard a rather loud "squish" and a mixture of puss and blood shot out of my hand like a squirt gun, it made a solid stream on the floor that went 8 ft!! and i was still "milking" it out. my teacher sent me to the nurse and she milked it til it was pretty much dry, i had a divit in my hand sunk in almost as far as it was swelled out! the nurse wrapped it up and sent my back to class, 2 hours later someone asked me how it was so i unwrapped it.. it was completly swelled again! this cycle went on for the remainder of the day and the whole next day. it got better but i still have a smaller but still very noticable divit in my hand and a perminent bruise..i never even seen what bit me...all i know is i hope that ******* that bit me died!!

i woulda burned the house down and moved

07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
i woulda burned the house down and moved ditto:scary:

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428

Ok big ouch..

07-17-2005, 09:42 PM

dude like seriously.......:huh NO gotdamn i dont feel good now

07-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by sEX
dude like seriously.......:huh NO gotdamn i dont feel good now thats why he should kill that fuc*er!!

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Seriously man.. Kill that thing or atleast take it and put it outside why would you want that in your house and risk getting bitten?

CannondaleRider
07-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Keep it as a pet? WTF, kill that damn thing.

I f*ckin hate spiders

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 09:49 PM
cause my parents wont let me kill it. They say it keeps the bugs away. I doubt it could do any harm. Doesent look like a recluse.

I-7
07-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Heres your options
1. smash it
2. burn it
3. gas it
4. use chemical weapons

All should help .

07-17-2005, 09:51 PM
cause my parents wont let me kill it. They say it keeps the bugs away. I doubt it could do any harm. Doesent look like a recluse. this is the spider that bite the guy in the pic above, doesnt look very harmfull ethier

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 09:57 PM
this is the spider that bite the guy in the pic above, doesnt look very harmfull ethier

All spiders do.. I hate them!

spudss
07-17-2005, 09:59 PM
this is the spider that bite the guy in the pic above, doesnt look very harmfull ethier

That is a brown rekluse and is a bad boy.. It is most likely what bit the guy in the pic above on the thumb.. Its venom will rott your skill and is not good.. It hurts like hell to trust me.. There are brown rekluse all over where I live.. I spray 4 times a year to try to keep them away..

nebjamin
07-17-2005, 10:00 PM
but mine isnt a recluse is it?

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 10:19 PM
It doesnt look like one, but I am not sure.. Maybe a Wolf spider?

Check out
http://www.termite.com/usa/

Toadz400
07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
I say get out the shotgun and start unloading shells. Don't stop until you find pieces of his legs all over. I hate spiders, if I see one, I flip out...it's almost sad how deathly afraid I am of them...you should ask my friends, I act like a damn little girl when I'm around them haha:rolleyes: .

Matt37
07-17-2005, 10:35 PM
I did a report on the Brown Recluse in college. They are mainly in the mid-western United States (Kentucky, Illinois, and yes Iowa). This is 90% of the time where there are cases of bits. almost every person that is bit by one does not feel the inital bit, Unfortunetly by the time they do feel it it is to late. Many bits from Recluse have resulted in amputation of the body part that was bitten, the picture shown above of the guys thumb was one of those cases. Also the Recluse have a semi-circular arrangement of 6 eyes in 3 groups of 2 while most other spiders have 8 eyes. So.. these spiders have been known to be in Iowa.
Bottom line is play it safe and either preferably kill it or get it away from the house.
Also, try to look at its eye pattern. If it has the 3 groups of 2 eyes get it out! The Recluse also is called the Violin spider because there is a marking on its back almost shaped as a violin.. look for these things....Hope i helped.

tp300ex
07-17-2005, 10:37 PM
u have a Funnel Web Spiders in ur house i had one under my tub u need to kill it now!!

07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
u have a Funnel Web Spiders in ur house i had one under my tub u need to kill it now!! yea like weve been telling him, and he said theres a bunch of babies running around:eek: :eek: :eek:

Doober
07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
kill that thing and all them babies:eek:

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
If you have a torch thats always fun:D

future 450?
07-17-2005, 11:03 PM
spray the whole thing with axe nd jus throw a match ontop it

07-17-2005, 11:11 PM
why would u even listen to ur mom and dad just say it left or i dont know what happen to it its a spider they all should be deid even if it cant kill u

DvxDirtSlinger
07-17-2005, 11:23 PM
i started taking pics but lost the time to keep taking them...heres day 2 i belive.....pic dosnt do the size of the bump any justice

DvxDirtSlinger
07-17-2005, 11:27 PM
this is day 3 i think..once again the pics dont do any justice to the actual size

DvxDirtSlinger
07-17-2005, 11:39 PM
here it is about 10 min ago

Atkins
07-17-2005, 11:41 PM

Of the Carnivourous-Sapieneating Family. Thats it.

Seriously, kill it. Any spider that big in the mid-west is probably pretty harmful, and not worth risking your limbs over. Definitely kill it and tell your parents it was some spider that you researched online and it was poisonous.

400exrules
07-18-2005, 01:54 AM
dude, dont even think about it......open up some chemical warfare on it, who would ever want to save a spider...:huh :huh

this is a perfect reason to goto home depot and make your own flamethrower

DeerNuts
07-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by DvxDirtSlinger
here it is about 10 min ago

That shot puss 8'?????

You sure that aint a mosquito bite?

FasstMidnightZ
07-18-2005, 10:16 AM
this is the spider that bite the guy in the pic above, doesnt look very harmfull ethier its a brown recluse, and there are everywhere in my house :eek: :eek: or at least ive seen a few :eek2:

every spider i see i KILL, no heisatation.;)

Trevor
07-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Yep it's a spider kill it!

400grl
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Looks like a wolf spider or a funnel spider - I'd probably at least put it outside - if it's in your house you will have baby spiders freakin' everywhere. I don't kill them, either, I just put them outside. They help eat all the bugs that scorpions like to eat and I'd rather have a few wolf spiders than even one nasty ***** scorpion anyday.......

But then again - we spray for bugs, so we don't get alot anyway.

Matt37
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I dont think that is a Recluse, as they only grow up to an inch and a half tops.

Ridin' Jesse
07-18-2005, 10:36 AM
ughhh i have serious archnaphibia lol..its sad...my friend threw a spider like..so small it was like hardly noticable on me and i like went crazy i was like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

07-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Have you tried climbing any walls yet? or saying "go go web?"

07-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Have you tried climbing any walls yet? or saying "go go web?" :huh

07-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Guess you didnt see spiderman movie.

spudss
07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
I did a report on the Brown Recluse in college. They are mainly in the mid-western United States (Kentucky, Illinois, and yes Iowa). This is 90% of the time where there are cases of bits. almost every person that is bit by one does not feel the inital bit, Unfortunetly by the time they do feel it it is to late. Many bits from Recluse have resulted in amputation of the body part that was bitten, the picture shown above of the guys thumb was one of those cases. Also the Recluse have a semi-circular arrangement of 6 eyes in 3 groups of 2 while most other spiders have 8 eyes. So.. these spiders have been known to be in Iowa.
Bottom line is play it safe and either preferably kill it or get it away from the house.
Also, try to look at its eye pattern. If it has the 3 groups of 2 eyes get it out! The Recluse also is called the Violin spider because there is a marking on its back almost shaped as a violin.. look for these things....Hope i helped.

I think the other name for the Brown Recluse is a Fiddle Back..

spudss
07-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I don't kill them, either, I just put them outside.

You get bit by a brown recluse and you will kill any and every spider you see..

Matt37
07-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I think the other name for the Brown Recluse is a Fiddle Back..

Correct, you dont wanna mess around with these things, the thing that freaks me out is recluse dont attack unless they feel danger. So most bites occur when they get in your bed and you roll over on them and they feel danger so they bite or if they are in your clothes when you put the clothing on they bite..... Kinda gross.
I always remember my professor saying.. Insects dominate the world. If insects were the size of humans , we would be in serious trouble! Percentage wise insects are dominate over any other living thing on earth, They just get forgotten about.

400grl
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by spudss
You get bit by a brown recluse and you will kill any and every spider you see..

I've actually been bit by recluses several times........it seems the more I get bit the less severe the reaction.....wierd? :huh

I still just can't squish a spider.......unless it's a black widow - sheesh I HATE those things.......

Mr.boof
07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Spray Some simple green on the F****er and it will curl up and die.

Hon300ex
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
kill the spider!!! are ur parents watching it that there gonna know its gone? jus say i guess it ran away? i cant belive ur feeding it... just kill it.... they only live a week and by the time u make ur decision it will already be dead:rolleyes:

400exrules
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
we found a black widow in my back yard under our swimming pool filter/pump thing last summer

of course, we killed it

spudss
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I've actually been bit by recluses several times........it seems the more I get bit the less severe the reaction.....wierd? :huh

I still just can't squish a spider.......unless it's a black widow - sheesh I HATE those things.......

Then you must have alot of spider bit scars.. Because 90% of the time a recluse bit is not detected in time and the venom has time to work and it will rott your flesh from the inside out to some degree and will leave a scar (creator like scar) were the bite was..

Unless you are mistaken a brown recluse for something else..

JabberJaw
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
cause my parents wont let me kill it. They say it keeps the bugs away. I doubt it could do any harm. Doesent look like a recluse.

Don't listen to them! They just want to get rid of you!

Rich250RRacer
07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I always keep a can of brake clean handy in the garage, kills any type of bug in seconds, and they usually put on a good show when they get hit by it. Spiders especially. Get yourself a can and spray that F**ker now!

LiveToRide1930
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM
well you think thats a big spider,take a look at this MOTHERFUCCKKER,its a giolath birdeatiing spider,and yes it does it birds and its the size of an DINNER PLATE,pic below

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 08:58 AM
well the spider is picky. He likes little brown ants and flies but doesent like lightining bugs or centipedes.

slamdak8782
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
hey I think its a black widow imo but Im over in the desert right now and there are some spiders called camel spiders I've seen pictures of them bigger than the one in that guys picture. Anyways Iran into one after walking home from the flightline and I saw one of those mother$$$$$$ anyways i killed it but the thing was crazy fast and it jumped up a good three feet before I could put some rubber to his sorry but anyways just kill that spider wont hurt nobody then about the same as a snake better it than me and Im sure you wont go to jail lol

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 09:34 AM
well could you tell me what kind it is. More pics.

http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10009986ke.jpg

him eating his breakfast I fed him.

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Heres him coming out to model when he hears the digital camera turn on.

http://img331.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10010001uq.jpg

trick450r
07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
its starting to look like a brown recluse...either way KILL IT

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 09:55 AM
Why not tell me not to kill it. Then I will have fun with it and when it bites me you can all laugh as I post pics of my wounds. Lol j/k.

jcv400ex
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
You need something to do.....doesn't school start pretty quick?

spud400ex
07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
that is not a brown recluse. i cant remember what kind of spider that is but it is not a brown recluse and they are not dangerous to you. they only spider i kill is the brown recluse and they get up to 2". this thread backs up the fact that you all are pansies.

400grl
07-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Heres him coming out to model when he hears the digital camera turn on.

My barn spider was like that - he'd come running out onto his web when he heard the back door open (he lived under our back porch). I'd feed him a moth every night....until he got so fat he actually fell out of his web - it kept tearing and wouldn't hold him anymore......I put him on a diet and cut him back to a couple of moths a week - that was better! LOL!! :) He lived for about 2 years........I should say SHE.....then she had babies.......and disappeared..........then I had about 5 of the babies that stuck around.......then we moved.......the new owners probably Raided them!! :grr:

Honda4trax250x
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
My barn spider was like that - he'd come running out onto his web when he heard the back door open (he lived under our back porch). I'd feed him a moth every night....until he got so fat he actually fell out of his web - it kept tearing and wouldn't hold him anymore......I put him on a diet and cut him back to a couple of moths a week - that was better! LOL!! :) He lived for about 2 years........I should say SHE.....then she had babies.......and disappeared..........then I had about 5 of the babies that stuck around.......then we moved.......the new owners probably Raided them!! :grr:

holy crap i had no idea spiders lived that long!:eek2:

400grl
07-19-2005, 12:30 PM
I didn't either.......she actually went up into the attic during the winter....and came back out in the spring.......

Well - how long do tarantulas live? Gotta be longer than that, right?

polaris bob
07-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Some spiders live as long as 20 or 25 years!!

Here is a link to some pic's of common spiders found in the USA.

http://www.spiderzrule.com/commonspidersusa.htm

400grl
07-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Here is a domestic funnel weaver - is this what your spider is??

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/teg_domestica2.jpg

Here's another pic....

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/teg_domestica1.jpg

And here is my barn spider....only mine was WAY fatter.....

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/neoscona_hentz3.jpg

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/spiders/neoscona_hentzi.jpg

400exrules
07-19-2005, 01:27 PM
omg stop feeding it, kill that f*cker now

when i see spiders around here, i dont see them as an opportunity for a new pet, i smash their *** right their

KH426
07-19-2005, 06:28 PM

YUP Kill it now:mad:

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 06:55 PM
uh oh. I went to feed it today and it ate 2 flies. Now i cant find it. Its not in its hole!!:confused:

Toadz400
07-19-2005, 09:40 PM
uh oh. I went to feed it today and it ate 2 flies. Now i cant find it. Its not in its hole!!:confused:

There's a surprise for you under your pillow when you go to sleep tonight:devil: . Should've shot the damn thing!!!

nebjamin
07-19-2005, 10:20 PM
blah oh well, he will come home when he gets hungry. If not, good luck stopping 150 pounds from rolling on you. :macho

slcpornstar69
07-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Don't kill it. It's bad Karma! But move it far, far away!

Spiders freak me out!:eek:
But I don't kill them. It sounds wierd, but lettin it live is good luck.
:)

slamdak8782
07-23-2005, 09:42 AM
hes not there cuase he was murdered by me

nebjamin
07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
ok he came back. He's real skinny now. I guess he just had all his babies. I put a big horse fly on it and he killed that baby quick!

raptorrider686
07-23-2005, 01:24 PM

I almost threw up on that one

nebjamin
07-25-2005, 11:32 AM
omg guys something is wrong. I showed you pics of that spider. Well that was the baby!! The mom or whatever is now back on the web. HE IS HUGE!!

hes like this big.

http://www.seds.org/~spider/spider/Spider/Spin_2.jpg

Ill post pictures in a few min. I just fed him. He is so BIG!!!

Snow
07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
omg guys something is wrong. I showed you pics of that spider. Well that was the baby!! The mom or whatever is now back on the web. HE IS HUGE!!

hes like this big.

http://www.seds.org/~spider/spider/Spider/Spin_2.jpg

Ill post pictures in a few min. I just fed him. He is so BIG!!!

WHY DID YOU FEED IT ?!?! :eek2: :confused: :eek2:

4oorider
07-25-2005, 12:08 PM
just freakin kill the dam thing

nebjamin
07-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I cant! I already killed one and my parents got so pissed. Im like, idk it prob went away. They said if they didnt see it back in a couple days its my fault.

Well heres a pic of him. There is a dead wasp he killed.

and notice how he comes out and poses for the camera!

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p10010222sz.jpg

DH400EX
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
he's not coming out to pose for a pciture hes coming out to eat your ***.

Cdaleracer
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
OH geez. Kill those things. Now I feel like I got them things crawling on me. And I'm going to be freaking dreaming about them. I hate spiders so much.

raptorrider686
07-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Dude I have arichniphoiba. Or however you spell it.

Atkins
07-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
OH geez. Kill those things. Now I feel like I got them things crawling on me. And I'm going to be freaking dreaming about them. I hate spiders so much. Hahaha, same here, I hate the things. Im so happy I live in the northeast where there is nothing poisonous at all that will kill you.

Killa250ex
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Thoes pics gave me the heebie jeebies!

400exstud
07-25-2005, 09:32 PM
a can of OFF and a lighter

(I am not responsible for your dumba** getting burned)

Nausty
07-26-2005, 12:48 AM
i'm torn that thing gives me the hebbie jeebies and I wanna see u torture the lil ****er w/ flames and chemicals.

Then the other half wants me to see u feed the ****er every day and post pictures of the monster. I like that idea to cuz it ain't my *** that has to worry bout getting bit.

So right now ur duty is to A feed it every day extra food and take pics of the monster or kill it gruesomly and take pics of BOTH!

My room is in the basement and i'm gonna go look for a spider so I can do one or the other!

Killer250EX
07-26-2005, 01:49 AM
u should blow the spider up, take a small coleman propane tank put it in front of the web take some gas pour it around and under the tank make a line of gas about 6ft away lit it and run far far away and come bak when u here a bang with some water(not my fault if the cops come or ur house or whatever burns down)