PDA

View Full Version : **Uni filter question**

nowukno
07-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I currently have a K&N filter with outerwear and a EHS racing lid. When i removed the filter to clean it there was dust in the boot where the filter goes. I have cleaned it numerous times but never thought to see if dirt was in the boot. I have 3 questions before i switch to a Uni filter.....

1. How does the uni keep dirt/dust out compared the k&n with outerwears?

2. Is there a outerwear i can get for the Uni and if so where?

3. I know the answer to this question is probably no but i figured i would ask , will there be a difference in power since the Uni lets less air in?

07-17-2005, 08:03 PM
the UNI lets alot less dirt in and the powetr increase from a K&N and UNI are so small there is no way you could notice it by riding it. as for a outwewear, i dont run one and I ride in rough conditions and I have nothing in my intake

nowukno
07-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Do you run an air box lid?

cals400ex
07-17-2005, 08:33 PM
the UNI should let less fine dust through. i never ran a prefilter on my UNI, twin air, stock, or sparks foam filters. i would just make sure they are oiled really good. the power difference shouldn't be noticable

07-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
Do you run an air box lid? yes i do

DH400EX
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
If you get a Uni get some panty hose and put 2 layers of that on it and oil it up. Works perfect. I run no lid and when i took off the first layer of panty hose it was completely brown but the 2nd layer was spotless!

07-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DH400EX
and when i took off the first layer of panty hose it was completely brown get better toilet paper

GEARSMOKER
07-18-2005, 07:13 AM
uni prefilters are already built in. that why they are dual layered. unlike k+n which you have to buy the prefilter seperate. both are good filters, k+n are just a little more $.