PDA

View Full Version : Experienced Suspension Comparison

igmif
07-17-2005, 03:17 PM
To any of thoses who have actually ridden and compared the two... Is there a big difference between the front Elka rec shocks, and the Works rec shocks, or even a comparison of those two company's higher end shocks.
Have any riders out there had the oppurtunity to compare the TCS stock rear shock rebuild to the Elka or Works entry level or mid level rear shock. Experienced feed back would be greatly appreciated:devil:

murrays400ex
07-17-2005, 03:19 PM
if ur getting the regular shock thier = but if u wont 2 race get the elka lowered rear race shock

400exredrider
07-17-2005, 03:34 PM
I have heard that the Elka Recs are better than works tri rate with rezzies.... i would go with elka

igmif
07-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Better yet, does anyone know where I could find a suspension review write up on the www or maybe in a back issue Dirt Wheels, ATV Action etc... I've looked and had no luck.

250xridamatt
07-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Do a search on here. There have been many arguments over what shocks are better.

400exredrider
07-17-2005, 11:20 PM
talk to Jeff@thequadshop he'll give yo some good info.... but i have one word..... Elka

R3Concepts
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Exriders.com is elka driven, and all the atv mags are biased to advertises most in there mag..cough..elka..cough...BUT theres 2 others that got everyone beat 1) PEP 2) Axis, in that order, and weve ridden everything.

400exredrider
07-18-2005, 05:54 PM
R3 you have always been biased on PEP in every post, I put Axis in front of PEP and Elka infront of PEP so 1) Axis 2) Elka 3) PEP

lets get jeff in here

R3Concepts
07-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I guarantee you havent ridden on PEPs then...What do you think Jeff is going to say? Durr, he rides for Elka..Of course he's gonna be biased. LOL

400exredrider
07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
ive rode on PEPs and theyre nice but i like elka and axis better

416exmx
07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
ive rode on PEPs and theyre nice but i like elka and axis better

Then I assume you have rode on Elka, PEP and Axis, all on the same bike, same motor mods, same suspension components, same tires, and same riding conditions, ect???

Yes Elka is doin one he!! of a job getting their name out there. They are good shocks, no doubt. The best shock is to be determined by you(the rider).

Oh and who ever said look in Dirt Wheels for a shootout.... Please dont believe everything you read in there.

400exredrider
07-18-2005, 07:39 PM
similar bikes, pep axis and elka all on the same bike... everyone has an opinion, and yes all 3 companys are great dont get me wrong... but IMO elka has the edge

416exmx
07-18-2005, 07:47 PM
similar bikes, pep axis and elka all on the same bike... everyone has an opinion, and yes all 3 companys are great dont get me wrong... but IMO elka has the edge

Haha, these threads always make me laugh. Arguing over which shocks are the best.

igmif- Lets just say you'll be happy with anything over stock.

400exredrider
07-18-2005, 07:49 PM
i saw how you liked your Peps over your elkas, your personal preference i guess... what were your complaints on the elkas?

416exmx
07-18-2005, 08:29 PM
i saw how you liked your Peps over your elkas, your personal preference i guess... what were your complaints on the elkas?

I never said I liked the PEP's over the Elka's. I said "all I can say about the PEP combo is WOW". I can name about 5 different shock/a-arm combo's that have been on our identical 450r's and SO FAR I have liked the PEP's the best. I dont think you can get any better than Walsh (imo), so next on the list is Axis/Walsh and Elka/Walsh. After that I will have a better idea on which I like better with Walsh a-arms on a 450r set-up for MX. But still after all this, it wont answer the age old question of "Which shocks are better"?

Oh an I wanst trying to sound mean or being a jerk or anything when I posted here. But no, they really do make me laugh. lol

R3Concepts
07-18-2005, 08:34 PM
I will say that for a 450R, PEP has the best setup out...I know about 30 people that would second that.. The PEP big bottles love the TRX, and the Big Bottle PEP rear with the PEP or even stock link is HARD to beat. Put the BB rear on a Savior or Outlaw rear end: go to biggest double on the track and case it, ride off like nothing happened. I run Axis now cause I got an insane deal on them, but Ill never sell another set of PEPs, and BTW BB are on order as we speak.