PDA

View Full Version : Average cost to resleeve & Hot Cam performance

igmif
07-17-2005, 02:22 PM
How much are you guys paying to have your jug bored out & re-sleeved to 440? Do any of y'all who are runnig a a stage 2 (Stage 3 now I guess) Hot Cam on stock springs ever have any problems with valves floating or any other bad things?

FoxRacing81
07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by igmif
How much are you guys paying to have your jug bored out & re-sleeved to 440? Do any of y'all who are runnig a a stage 2 (Stage 3 now I guess) Hot Cam on stock springs ever have any problems with valves floating or any other bad things?

I wanna say, when I got my cylinder resleeved for my 426, that it was around $120 for resleeving then it was between $40-$50 dollars to bore out.

I have a Hotcam Stage 1 and it is a great cam. As far as I know, Hotcam Stage 1 and Stage 3 (old stage 2) are designed to use stock springs and rockers...using H-D springs and rockers can lead to premature wear on the cam.

-Justin

igmif
07-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by MX610EX

I have a Hotcam Stage 1 and it is a great cam. As far as I know, Hotcam Stage 1 and Stage 3 (old stage 2) are designed to use stock springs and rockers...using H-D springs and rockers can lead to premature wear on the cam.

-Justin

I'm running a stage 1 HotCam now and it works exactly as advertised with no prob's. I just don't like the linear power curve. I've been hearing that the Stg 2 might make the valves alittle sloppy at high rev. But even that seems odd cause I know they don't lift as high. I'm looking for feed back from some one who's been beating the hell out of their engine with that set up for a while.

Franky G
07-18-2005, 03:12 AM
I got hotcam stage 1 and it has ben in my 400 for the last 3 years and i never had any probloms and the performance is just the same has the day i put it in!!