PDA

View Full Version : blew a fuse,whats wrong

muddy400EX
07-17-2005, 01:06 AM
my wheeler blew the fuse after i got done riding today. my dad threw in a fuse from his car that was the same amps and it started once and then blew that fuse to(maybe cuz its for a car, iono) but im wondering if its normal to blow a fuse sometimes or is it something else and its gonna blow every fuse i put in it? and if so what do you think it could be? i need help because im not the best with electric crap.

i swear something goes wrong with this thing every time i go riding, i just spent $130 on a clutch kit and now this:mad:

im about to throw this thing off a cliff

Blasta400ex
07-17-2005, 01:14 AM
well before u throw it off a cliff give it to me haha jk

but yea i had this problem to so ill help u out as best as i could..

1. have u been using ur headlights a lot if so check the headlight wires and make sure there is no bare medal or wut not and make sure every thing is right

2. make sure ur putting in a 15a fuse *the obvious lol*

3.) go thru ur whole wiring harness and make sure no bare medal and its grounded right..go thru every wire..

i hope i can help ya

muddy400EX
07-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Blasta400ex
well before u throw it off a cliff give it to me haha jk

but yea i had this problem to so ill help u out as best as i could..

1. have u been using ur headlights a lot if so check the headlight wires and make sure there is no bare medal or wut not and make sure every thing is right

2. make sure ur putting in a 15a fuse *the obvious lol*

3.) go thru ur whole wiring harness and make sure no bare medal and its grounded right..go thru every wire..

i hope i can help ya

trust me, you dont want this thing!!:eek:

i never use my headlights but ill check it, hopefully ill get some fuses soon and ill check everything. anybody else got any ideas?

07-17-2005, 06:49 AM
same thing happend to me...it was my lights

chucked
07-17-2005, 09:03 AM
turn your lights off, replace the fuse, try it again.

muddy400EX
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
i never use my lights tho, i run headlight covers so there hardly ever on, but ive got a new fuse in there and checked the wires, everything is good so far, thanks for the help guys