PDA

View Full Version : rekluse auto clutch

dobo450r
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM
has anyone out there used a rekluse autoclutch in a honda 450r i was wondering the pros and the cons

thanks

400exrider707
07-17-2005, 10:54 AM
A kid on our race team tried one and when the bike was stock it felt like a dog if you didn't clutch it at all. Now he has a DMC full and a stage 2 hotcam and it pulls hard, overall it is a lot better if you tend to tire out in a race and it becomes hard for you to clutch, or if you are just a weekend warrior who does more trail riding than racing it is a good investment. I wouldn't put it on a stock bike msyelf. JMO

Over-land 450r
07-17-2005, 11:35 AM
a guy i no HAmmer trx450r or wat ever has one and its alsome.
The thing is he has to put clutchs in more often and it roles in gear if your haulling it around.
you cant start in second or 3rd gear b/c it puts alot of stress on it. im almost posotive wat i said was all true ask him he will tell you

07-17-2005, 11:41 AM
i heard that it is pretty good, but when the bike isnt running no matter what gear its in its allway like nuetral, so if you used to put the bike in gear b4 you hauled it to keep it from moving, that wont work anymore, and something else that weird is that the clitch lever is always loose and flopps around every where untill you startit, then it suddenly tightens up and acts like a normal clutch

400exrider707
07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Over-land 450r
a guy i no HAmmer trx450r or wat ever has one and its alsome.
The thing is he has to put clutchs in more often and it roles in gear if your haulling it around.
you cant start in second or 3rd gear b/c it puts alot of stress on it. im almost posotive wat i said was all true ask him he will tell you

Im not so sure about the 2nd and 3rd gear start things. There is a GNCC team that runs one in their honda500r and they do second gear starts. At the time I had read about it they had pulled every holeshot thus far and they were dead engine starts!

deathman53
07-18-2005, 07:13 PM
I was thinking abour getting one for my crf450r quad, just because of the fact that sometimes I use the cluth, alot of times I don't and also them 450's are a nightmare to start backup if you stall them, they will help with the stalling abit, interestigly, with a rekuse auto clutch if you shift with any throttle, you are almost doing the same thing as powershifting as the cluth lets go when you let off the gas and it does almost the same thing as the cluth lever. I decided it wasn't worth it, I just learned to keep on top of the bike and knowing when it is gonna stall and re-learned to use the cluth in tight corners. my 250r if I stalled it, pull the cluth in, drop one gear, release the cluth and back to life, a 450 isn't quite that easy of a story, maybe my opinion will change if I ride a bike with one of them cluthes. With a honda I don't see too much of a need for them, but a yamaha I see a defintie need, they hate no cluth shifting.

prepracing
07-18-2005, 07:18 PM
fourstroke tech is the GNCC race team that runs them, you might be able to call them for some info. on how they actually perform