View Full Version : Natalie in 1st

trick250r
07-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Natalie's in 1st, lets see if he can hold it

theTman
07-16-2005, 08:48 PM
how the hell can he see! hes COVERED....but he will hold 1st...he has a huge lead already

rippin2
07-16-2005, 08:52 PM
i was surprised bill balance was in 2nd now hes in 4th.....john isnt lettign the lead go

07-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Natalie wins

TheFontMaster
07-16-2005, 08:57 PM
WOW won by what 20 seconds, I think those fox shocks have something to do with it.

yfz4life50
07-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure its just that natalie is friggin awesome! not his shocks!:rolleyes:

TheFontMaster
07-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by yfz4life50
I'm pretty sure its just that natalie is friggin awesome! not his shocks!:rolleyes:

haha I know the mans crazy on that quad.

DH400EX
07-16-2005, 09:00 PM
yea basically Natalie is fasst as **** on the track! :devil:

07-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
haha I know the mans crazy on that quad.

yah he knows how to ride

trick250r
07-16-2005, 09:06 PM
dude he's friggin awesome

sampleez
07-16-2005, 09:06 PM
stupid hurricane :mad: those conditions were horrible. sucks that luburgh's clutch went out or whatever.

07-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
dude he's friggin awesome

I KNOW

FoxRacing81
07-16-2005, 09:08 PM
I thought overall it was very good.....but by the end of it I got sick of hearing Natalie's name. Every second is was how good Natalie was (which he is, don't get me wrong)...and how un-trained Luburgh was (which he isn't), they just made it seem like that though...

I wish they woulda showed more people though. They didn't show Gust, Jones, Yokley, Eichner, Brown, or Dunkleberger once..they showed Ellis and Cain once, Ballance a few times, Wimmer a little bit, and Natalie most of the time....Maybe I'm asking too much, but I wish they woulda showed more of the other guys some more.

Overall though, it was awesome.

-Justin

Jake250ex
07-16-2005, 09:10 PM
said it before ill say it again - 22'' rear tires woulda won that race

450r51
07-16-2005, 09:15 PM
hey all this was known about a week ago with the live coverage!! on this website.

Atkins
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Thats too bad for Luburgh, he wasnt racing the best, but he definitely deserved a to 5 finish. I was surprised at first about bill balance, but then i realized hes more used to those conditions than any other racer out there, plus there werent any big jumps or whoops or anything so it basically turned into an XC race with all that mud.

trick250r
07-16-2005, 09:22 PM
they do need people to announce these things if they show more, the announcers just didnt seem so be that knowlegeable.

sampleez
07-16-2005, 09:25 PM
yeah it's like in the x games with their announcers. i remember when pastrana first was flipping, they said something about him downshifting in air......when he was hitting the rear brakes :D

FoxRacing81
07-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Thats too bad for Luburgh, he wasnt racing the best, but he definitely deserved a to 5 finish. I was surprised at first about bill balance, but then i realized hes more used to those conditions than any other racer out there, plus there werent any big jumps or whoops or anything so it basically turned into an XC race with all that mud.

True, but quoting Wes Miller from Huevos 7:

"I think if Bill dedicated himself to MX, he could finish top 5, maybe even win a Title"

Bill has mad MX skills, plus one of, if not, the best XC rider there is. Mad props to him.

-Justin

FasstMidnightZ
07-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I missed it ! :grr:

will it be on again tonight later

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Watched the whole thing. Congrats to John:)

07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider

will it be on again tonight later theyll probably re-run everything next week

sampleez
07-16-2005, 10:30 PM
i don't think it'll be on espn tho. i think it will be on ABC

J_bob_28
07-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider

will it be on again tonight later

they usually re air it on espn 2 around 2:00 a.m., thats when i always watch it

250xridamatt
07-16-2005, 10:49 PM
The announcers werent that good at all. It would have been better If they had learned what quad belonged to whom, instead of trying to read the numbers on the quad. It would have been a heck of a lot easier.

07-16-2005, 10:54 PM
and cameron steale is such a dumbass. he thinks a new set of roll offs only provides 8-10 pulls. and he kept calling natalies roll offs tear offs. and wtf was that old guy that anounces car racing doing there? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

YfzinJay
07-16-2005, 11:11 PM
They prerecorded the telecast and added the commentary later. I predicted that Natalie would win since they were talking the most hype about him to start. I picked out the riders from what quad they were on, not the numbers. Shame on Espn for the cheap thrown together commentary, but kudos to them for airing what will be a prosperis event.

jdwxv3
07-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Make sure to vote on the espn site to keep the quads in the outdoor games. There is a thread on this site that has the link but I dont know the link or the address. I sure someone can post it. We need to post it on ALL the Atv sites to get the strong numbers showing!!

Warnerade
07-17-2005, 07:10 AM
they called natalie "professor natalie":ermm:

bansheeguy77
07-17-2005, 08:35 AM
wow guess i must be the only one who liked the commentary :confused: i always like cam and that other dude announcing being they always do the bikes. it was kinda a bad situation tho with all the freakin rain. and i think they were hyping natalie is because hes whoopin some *** this year. i would have liked to see some more technical stuff tho like bigger jumps and such. and as for luburgh i think he deserved to lose, looking back 3/4s of the straight? thats riding scared.......

Warnerade
07-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
wow guess i must be the only one who liked the commentary :confused: i always like cam and that other dude announcing being they always do the bikes. it was kinda a bad situation tho with all the freakin rain. and i think they were hyping natalie is because hes whoopin some *** this year. i would have liked to see some more technical stuff tho like bigger jumps and such. and as for luburgh i think he deserved to lose, looking back 3/4s of the straight? thats riding scared....... i suppose you didnt notice how natalie weaved back and fourth on luburgh also....he probably confused the hell out of luburgh, as he couldnt figure out what side he was on. You sound worse than the announcers, saying its bad to look back. I would love to see how you would handle a situation where natalie was right on your ***.

bansheeguy77
07-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i suppose you didnt notice how natalie weaved back and fourth on luburgh also....he probably confused the hell out of luburgh, as he couldnt figure out what side he was on. You sound worse than the announcers, saying its bad to look back. I would love to see how you would handle a situation where natalie was right on your ***.

well it just so happens i was in that situation. i raced him trying my best to hold him off and take the fastest line that he was taking. never looking back. of course he passed me but i didnt watch him more than the track.

Warnerade
07-17-2005, 10:02 AM
and you were in a race with a 10k purse?

bansheeguy77
07-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
and you were in a race with a 10k purse?

nope....so your saying its ok to look back for $$?? u know it was wrong and a mistake.....

Warnerade
07-17-2005, 10:20 AM
dude, no it wasnt wrong...i agree he did look back for a few seconds to long,but looking back to see where he was was not wrong at all. Natalie weaved back and fourth...you can not protect a line, if you dont know what line the person behind you is going to take. as soon as he looked back to one side, natalie weaved to the other side, and vice versa.

protraxrptr17
07-17-2005, 11:27 AM
They definitely need to try harder next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad to see our sport on TV, but the track could have been much better, the camera coverage was terrible, and the commentary was even worse. They should have called it "John Natalie Frenzy" instead of "Four Wheel Frenzy". GMFB. What about the first heat when the camera cut just as the leaders went over the finish line jump, to show the goofy flagman waving the flag. They never showed the entire pack finish the race. I'm grateful for the attention to our sport, but it seemed as if they didn't really take any time to make it right.

The commentators said that Luburgh was looking back because he knew it was Natalie behind him and he was so intimidated he started making mistakes. That's the biggest crock of shemp I've ever heard. They even said there must have been something wrong with his bike when he wasn't leading the first heat.:huh

07-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
They definitely need to try harder next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad to see our sport on TV, but the track could have been much better, the camera coverage was terrible, and the commentary was even worse. They should have called it "John Natalie Frenzy" instead of "Four Wheel Frenzy". GMFB. What about the first heat when the camera cut just as the leaders went over the finish line jump, to show the goofy flagman waving the flag. They never showed the entire pack finish the race. I'm grateful for the attention to our sport, but it seemed as if they didn't really take any time to make it right.

The commentators said that Luburgh was looking back because he knew it was Natalie behind him and he was so intimidated he started making mistakes. That's the biggest crock of shemp I've ever heard. They even said there must have been something wrong with his bike when he wasn't leading the first heat.:huh theres baseball,basketball,hockey and football channels. i say we need a motocross channel:macho

07-17-2005, 12:00 PM
a SPORT quad channel you mean? lol no seriously yeah that would be a good idea a channel thats shows all the nationals and supercross races both motocross and atv and the GNCC races too no utility crap.

07-17-2005, 01:02 PM
^ im with dumb ***.lol