PDA

View Full Version : hmf slip on jetting

dickens07
07-16-2005, 08:00 PM
i rejetted my 400 to a 155 main jet and i called a local dealer and he told me to do a 155 and move the clip on the needle to the second slit on the bottom not on the top. well i rode it and it was a lot better but i still dont think it is right. i was doing slow 1st gear wheelies and when i would let off the gas a little it would just die. i am thinkin it has something to do with where i have the clip on the needle. there are 6 slits on the needle. any recomondations. thanks

plkmonster2
07-16-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't think that you would need to move the needle, unless it is very cold out. I run my 400 in cold weather with air box lid on, no holes, with a 155, and no needle movements. If you have 6 slots on the needle, you have the dynojet needle. I think the dealer was talking about a stock needle. With the dynojet, you need to be #3 from the bottom (I think). Also, get a 42 poilot jet, and go 2.25 to 2.5 turns out on your pilot screw. That is why it is dying on the bottom. It cannot get enough fuel through the pilot jet. Also, are you using the dynojet mains? or the Keihen ones? If you are using the dynojet ( the small ones that are removed with a flat headed screwdriver) you should run the 146. With no air box lid, run the 155 on the dynojet. With keihen, run 152-155. I run a 155 with a vented lid in summer, and a 158 in winter.