PDA

View Full Version : Race sag

LsMxRaCeR
07-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know how to set up race sag on a stock 450r shocks

07-16-2005, 09:41 PM
im not sure of how much sag you want on a quad, but on a bike its like 100mm, any way, the way you do it is to measure the distance from the hub nut to the fender, then before you sit on the bike , grab the front brake and sit down on the quad in the middle of the seat, then have someone measure the distance from the hub nut to the fender again, the differnce between the measurements is you sag, to adjust it you either tighten or loosen the preload ring, ohh and when you grab the front brake and sit on the bike make sure the front goes down about the same amount ans the rear ;)

LsMxRaCeR
07-16-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks tomorrow i'll have to go work on it :)

400exrider707
07-17-2005, 10:59 AM
The correct way would be to measure from the ground to the frame with the rider on the bike. Measure at the back of the frame by the footpegs and the front right before where the frame starts pointing upwards by the a-arms. Make sure your on level ground and then its just preference, but I run mine at 8in up front and 8 1/4 in the back. Also if you have stock suspension and stock tires I dont know that you will be able to get it down that far. We did this on my buddies 450 w/ stock suspension but he has 19 in rear tires and 20 in fronts. The fronts preload ring is at the top of the shock and the back preload ring is just tight enough to keep tension on the spring. It was the only way we could get it that low.