PDA

View Full Version : Eldelbrock Carbs

Duncan416ex
07-16-2005, 06:45 PM
I have an eldelbrock carb on my 416, and since i've had it its been nothing but problems. It sticks sometimes, and the throttle response sucks. Its been cleaned many of times, but ive had no improvement. Anyone else having problems with their eldelbrock?

enduro400rider
07-16-2005, 07:57 PM
i had the same trouble with mine a while back. there is a strap like part in the carbs they can sometimes bend and get a little bit of a dent in them it causes the throttle to stick. it also makes a set screw in the carb get loose and it makes you throttle response go down it will eventually loosen so much that you will have almost none at all and it will basically only idle. i called edelbrock they had me send it to them and they put a new strap on it and put new upgraded parts in it to keep it from loosening that set screw. if your carb is the older version with no choke definatly send it back to them. they replace all the old parts with the new up graded parts and they install the choke. they did everything free of charge and sent it back to me all polished up. it made ALOT of differance it was great when i got it back. call them up they are very freindly and they said everything is gaurenteed so just send it to us and we will fix it.

enduro400rider
07-16-2005, 07:59 PM
also if your running a cam and exuast with your 416 install a 21E needle in your carb. or have edelbrock "retro-fit" the 440 parts on your carb.