PDA

View Full Version : new polaris 450

rancid
07-16-2005, 05:14 PM
i know every site is talking about the new 450 suzuki, but i have info on the 450 polaris coming in august. and yes i did see a pic, i have a buddy that works at a polaris dealer in utah and i stopped by to say hi and he wanted me check out the new 450 and im not really a polaris guy but i wish i could have taken the pic i saw its bad. it is a 450 and the specs show it to be i hell of alot lighter and still looks alot like the 500 but looks a little lower and supposed to be injected and irs but i cant see the version we get having irs but he said it will. all i can say its gotta be very competitive now with a yfz, mabey better. might just have to sell the yfz or atk.

450r51
07-16-2005, 05:22 PM
sure buddy

Krazy KFX
07-16-2005, 05:33 PM
We will all get to see it on the 22nd,

rancid
07-16-2005, 07:25 PM
sure buddy, im just telling you what i seen. i know things could be different when it gets here. just passin info i seen, so just stay out of the polaris forum and stick with honda and you wont have to read these thing. im sure i will get more bashing so lets have it.

450r51
07-16-2005, 08:18 PM
im just sayin, ppl have been claiming theyve seen the z450, and the new 450r, but they havent. and idk if uve seen it or not, im just sayin its prolly bs cuz everybodys been sayin theyve seen things.

rancid
07-16-2005, 08:23 PM
i have only seen pics and specs of what might really be coming out, so who knows we will know on the 22nd hopfully its a little closer to the 450,s . and not in its own class

polaris bob
07-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Well he as least got the IRS part right. The new quad from Polaris IS going to have IRS, this is a fact! You don't have to believe me or not, wont change the outcome one bit!

05predle
07-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Im hoping its a replacement for the scrambler! a 450lb or less scrambler with the pred engine and independent rear thats automatic would be a great replacement. I would definetely buy one to replace my 400 scrambler.

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
how would irs work on a sport quad unless its shaft driven? and you really dont want shaft drive because you loose alot of power that way.

PredMan88
07-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I dont get it either....

calds650
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
With IRS you will get better power deliver too the ground. The rear wheels will tract the ground better in the corners and on the ruff stuff and whops.

rancid
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
it would have a chain and cv's and shafts just like the front of the old polaris 4 wheel drives.

YFZ450Ridr
07-18-2005, 07:25 PM
all the people that have claimed to have seen or have 'facts' about the new 06s coming out all have under 100 posts it seems like. that doesnt mean anything and and doesnt meen thier wrong but its kinda funny:p i dont hold anything against them though.

etter696
07-18-2005, 08:44 PM
maybe it has an a-arm design rear end, with the bearring carrier's built into the a-arm and hub assembley, that would allow pleanty of room for a chain drive, do to the bearring carriers near the outside and not the middle it would also alow mad clearance+ajustibillity... just my 2 cents:confused:

polaris bob
07-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
all the people that have claimed to have seen or have 'facts' about the new 06s coming out all have under 100 posts it seems like. that doesn't mean anything and and doesn't mean they're wrong but its kinda funny:p I don't hold anything against them though.

Just because I don't post on here like a 13 year old, does not mean a thing!

Do you really judge how important of a person you are by how many posts you have?? If so, you really need to step away from the computer and go outside and get a life! :eek2:

And to be honest I could not care one bit if you believe me or not. We will all see this Friday if my info was correct or not.

Just to set the record straight , I have said... IRS, chain drive, 500 motor with manual trans.

By the way, if you had spent a little of the time you have spent running your post numbers up on this site on other sites on this great big world wide web you could have known this almost a year ago like some of us lowly under 100 posters did !!

The IRS has been the worst kept secret in the history of Polaris new quad releases! There were spy photo's of it over a year and a half ago!:huh

calds650
07-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
how would irs work on a sport quad unless its shaft driven? and you really dont want shaft drive because you loose alot of power that way.

It is chain drive like a motorcycle powered dune buggy. The Sprocket is on the left side and brake on right with jack shafts too the wheels. If the IRS axle assembly is lighter than the current straight axle it will produces more power because it will have less mass to move. It will corner better and faster. The inside wheel will not be coming up in the air like now. In the rough both rear wheels are more likely to stay on the ground supplying more forward drive. That covers MX, Cross Country and Desert racing for improvements. In TT you will be able to set up a quad like a sprint car with different springs on each corner of the quad.

Flynbryan19
07-19-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm not saying your wrong PB, but I'm going to wait till I see it with my own eyes before I believe it personally.....;)

polaris bob
07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
I'm not saying your wrong PB, but I'm going to wait till I see it with my own eyes before I believe it personally.....;)

Thats cool, I was just talking to the joker and his childish "I have more posts than you do so you must be wrong" attitude.

The whole world will know in three days!!

Greenroom
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
http://thewayout.polarisindustries....b5-6c4849cadadd

05troyleepredXC
07-19-2005, 07:53 PM
that link doesn't work

07-19-2005, 11:36 PM
I think sliding and drifting would be a lot harder on a quad with IRS which would take A LOT of fun out of riding I think!! JMO

Greenroom
07-20-2005, 08:54 AM
POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC. AND KTM ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP

POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC. AND KTM ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP

Polaris to purchase 24-percent interest in KTM
Companies to cooperate on product, technology, manufacturing and distribution projects
Potential for relationship expansion in 2007
MINNEAPOLIS, July 19, 2005 – Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE/PSE:PII) announced today that it will purchase a 24-percent interest in Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM Power Sports AG, formerly known as Cross Holding AG, and partner with KTM on several important strategic projects. The goal of the partnership is to strengthen the competitive position of both companies and provide tangible benefits to customers, dealers, suppliers and shareholders.

During the first phase of the partnership, each company will continue to be run separately, but will work together on several specific cooperative projects involving new product development, engine technology sharing, distribution, manufacturing, and purchasing. This initial phase of the partnership will last approximately two years and, in addition to the cooperative projects, will involve the following:

Polaris will purchase a 24-percent stake in KTM Power Sports AG from an institutional investor for 66.6 million Euros or approximately $80 million funded from Polaris’ existing bank line of credit arrangement. This represents approximately a 12 percent discount to the market value of the shares purchased reflecting the size of the block of shares purchased and the fact that the shares are thinly traded. KTM Power Sports AG (formerly known as Cross Holding AG, which is publicly traded on the Vienna Stock Exchange under the symbol CRO), owns and controls KTM Sportmotorcycle AG, a leading European manufacturer of motorcycles with fiscal year 2004 revenue of over 400 million Euros. Over its history, KTM has earned a reputation for providing class-leading, ready-to-race, off-road motorcycles, and recently has entered the on-road motorcycle segment. This transaction, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approval, is expected to close during the third quarter of 2005. The actual number of shares purchased and the purchase price are subject to reduction depending upon the number of shares of KTM Power Sports AG outstanding on the closing date.
Polaris CEO Tom Tiller is expected to be named to the KTM Supervisory Board after the closing date of the transaction.
KTM CEO Stefan Pierer is expected to be named to the Polaris Board of Directors after the closing date of the transaction.
The investment in KTM Power Sports AG is expected to be neutral to calendar year 2005 Polaris consolidated earnings per share and somewhat accretive for the full year 2006. There are no changes in employment anticipated at either company as a result of this announcement.

Additionally, Polaris and KTM Power Sports’ largest shareholder, Cross Industries AG (“Cross”), have entered into option agreements which, under certain conditions in 2007, either Cross may purchase Polaris’ interest in KTM Power Sports AG or, alternatively, Polaris may become the majority shareholder of KTM Power Sports AG. In the latter case, the majority of the purchase price to Cross will be settled in Polaris shares and Cross will become a significant shareholder in the combined Polaris/KTM organization. Cross’ principal shareholders are KTM CEO Stefan Pierer and KTM CFO Rudolf Knünz. The exercise price under both option arrangements are based on market-based, predetermined pricing formulas to be derived from operating results of both companies in 2007.

“I believe this partnership will provide substantial benefits to both Polaris and KTM, and both company’s dealers, employees, suppliers and shareholders for many years to come,” said Tiller. “We have long admired the success of KTM, and are excited about working together to strengthen both companies. Polaris can benefit from KTM’s substantial experience in motorcycles, an outstanding brand, leading technology, and a solid manufacturing presence and dealer network in Europe. Moreover, this relationship complements nearly every aspect of Polaris’ five-year strategic vision, which is a roadmap to make Polaris the most dominant brand in the powersports industry. Further, we believe the two-step approach we have outlined significantly lessens the cultural and execution risk associated with a partnership of this magnitude.”

“In essence, this partnership combines the substantial strength, passion, and success of two industry leaders with very similar, successful 50-year histories, but who do not compete directly today. It is a very natural fit for both of us,” added Tiller.

Mr. Pierer commented, “Polaris and KTM complement each other very well, and we are very excited about our new relationship. By joining forces, we believe we can strengthen KTM’s presence in North America, reduce our production costs, spread our development costs over a larger base, and substantially accelerate our entry into the ATV business. We also look forward to sharing both chassis and engine technology with Polaris. The KTM and Polaris teams should work well together – both companies are driven by innovation, passion, and demand success.”

More information may be found at www.polarisindustries.com under the investor relations section.

Conference Call to be Held
Today at 10:00 AM (CDT) Polaris Industries Inc. will host a conference call to discuss the Company’s investment and partnership with KTM. The conference call is accessible by dialing 800-374-6475 in the U.S. or 706-634-4982 for Canada and International calls or via the Investor Relations page of the Company’s web site, www.polarisindustries.com. If listening to the web cast, please allow sufficient time to register and download the latest version of Real Player audio software. The conference call will be available through Tuesday, July 26, 2005 by dialing 800-642-1687 in the U.S., or 706-645-9291 for Canada and International calls and entering passcode 7895582, and on Polaris’ web site.

About Polaris

Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories is available from authorized Polaris dealers or from the Polaris homepage at www.polarisindustries.com.

With annual 2004 sales of $1.8 billion, Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), Victory motorcycles and the Polaris RANGER for recreational and utility use.

Polaris is the recognized leader in the snowmobile industry; and one of the largest manufacturers of ATVs in the world. Victory motorcycles, established in 1998 and representing the first all-new American-made motorcycle from a major company in nearly 60 years, are rapidly making impressive in-roads into the motorcycle cruiser marketplace. Polaris also enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Pure Polaris apparel, accessories and parts, available at Polaris dealerships.

Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange and Pacific Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII,” and the Company is included in the S&P Small-Cap 600 stock price index.

About KTM

KTM Sportmotorcycle AG, formerly known as Cross Holding AG, designs, engineers, manufacturers and markets off-road and on-road motorcycles and related parts, garments and accessories with annual sales of 402 million Euros in 2004. The product portfolio consists of over 23 different off-road and on-road motorcycles ranging in engine size from 50cc to 950cc.

KTM is best known for it racing heritage. KTM has won 106 World Championship Titles, 10 in 2004 alone. The Company employs approximately 1,500 employees and assembles its engines and motorcycles in Mattighofen, Austria. Additionally, the Company manufactures exhaust systems, frames, shocks and spoke wheels. KTM sells it motorcycles through a network of over 1400 independent dealers and approximately 50 distributors worldwide with Europe being its strongest market. Information about the complete line of KTM products, apparel and vehicle accessories is available from authorized KTM dealers or from the KTM homepage at www.ktm.com.

KTM Power Sports AG, formerly known as Cross Holding AG, is traded on the Vienna stock exchange under the symbol CRO, which is in the process of being changed to the symbol KTM. Additional information on KTM Power Sports AG can be found at www.cross-ag.com., which is in the process of being changed to www.ktm.com/investor relations.

Except for historical information contained herein, certain matters set forth in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those forward-looking statements. Potential risks and uncertainties include such factors as product offerings, promotional activities and pricing strategies by competitors; warranty expenses; foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations; benefits from the KTM relationship; environmental and product safety regulatory activity; effects of weather; higher commodity costs; uninsured product liability claims; and overall economic conditions, including inflation and consumer confidence and spending. Investors are also directed to consider other risks and uncertainties discussed in documents filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Back to Press Releases

polarisindustries.com | Manuals & Brochures | Government Sales | victorymotorcycles.com
About Us | Career Opportunities | Contact Us | Investor Relations

©2005 Polaris Industries
safety & privacy information

etter696
07-20-2005, 06:24 PM
wow... that might just possibley be the best news to my ears... ever lol:D

LIL440EX
08-03-2005, 08:12 PM
450 my as$ its a 500 , it haiver and a lil lower .. u got every thing wrong, i dont think you saw buddy...

tido450
08-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LIL440EX
450 my as$ its a 500 , it haiver and a lil lower .. u got every thing wrong, i dont think you saw buddy...

dude your a dickhed, jmo:macho

but anyway he got got alot right, its has irs and looks like the 500.

go play some tether ball and chill out homo, and plus all you honda guys thought you were getting an aluminum framed 450r but i think u were wrong

RaptorRacer45
08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
if ur talkin about the Polaris Outlaw yes it is IRS and chain drivin...need proof its all here:devil:

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ATV/2006Models/HighPerformance/Outlaw/

Im a Yamaha Boy but i dont mind helpin u other brand folks out:D

tido450
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
ya same here, ill be honest one guy i race against pulls the holeshot everydamn time on his pred. ok now that i gave you guys some credit on have a good holeshot quad please go measure ur coolant bottles for me lol