PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Racing Question

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Do you guys think a full system sparks and a 135 main jet will wake this beast up or make a nice diffrence? (Lid on and everything stock for now..)

29FTEX
07-16-2005, 04:28 PM
No it won't. Take that same money and get a cam and slip on. That'll wake it up a lot more.

MAD450r
07-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I bought my 04 450r with hrc installed so when I added my sparks system I didn't touch the jetting

Depending on where you ride on wheather or not to go with sparks, its pretty loud

cals400ex
07-16-2005, 05:30 PM
i ran a sparks pipe and i did like it. i put it on after i installed the hrc cam. my hrc equipped bike actually had more power in the lower rpms with the sparks pipe than it does with my rossier pipe. i never got my rossier toped out in 5th yet so i can't compare that. i have only floored my bike through 3rd gear with my rossier so far. the sparks pulled better in those gears, which i know is the opposite from what everyone else says. i am getting my rossier thermal coated now and i will install a piston when i get the pipe back from getting coated. i will see how the rossier does then.

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah, id love to get the HRC stuff, but I just dont have the money right now. So you all think its not going to make a nice diffrence?

07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
see how it is with stock jetting. go as lean as possible. with all these new bikes the cooling is so good it doesn't matter. I ran a full hmf and a yoshimura w/o jetting for ahwhile and it was better than a slip on with the lid off. The fan was never on either. some people just read to much on the internet.

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
see how it is with stock jetting. go as lean as possible. with all these new bikes the cooling is so good it doesn't matter. I ran a full hmf and a yoshimura w/o jetting for ahwhile and it was better than a slip on with the lid off. The fan was never on either. some people just read to much on the internet.

It didnt bog or anything? Did you notice a nice diffrence over stock?

07-16-2005, 07:08 PM
honestly I was more happy with it like that than I am now with the mods listed now. It pulled alot harder and I liked it with the lid on. I noticed a huge difference over stock. I wouldn't be afraid of going into the carb over the winter though. I ran all last summer with a full yosh and it ran awesome. don't mess with the jetting until the winter because it will probably take you all summer to get it right so do it over the winter so you don't miss any good riding if you wanna experiment with the carb.

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I called sparks and told them im all stock airbox wise and they said run a 135main. I just picked it up today. So I guess time will tell:)

I want to take the lid off, but would it hurt anything without an outerwear? Then id be around a 190 main im guessing?

07-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Oh yeah don't forge tthat all bikes run different with different jettings specs. My friends all have had the hmf exaust and we all run different jetting.

Punk'd
07-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I think for now ill just run the 135 and see if I like the diffrence over stock:)

07-16-2005, 10:24 PM
i'd see how it runs with stock jetting first.

cals400ex
07-17-2005, 01:13 AM
i would think closer to a 120-125 with just the pipe and NO other mods.

Punk'd
07-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i would think closer to a 120-125 with just the pipe and NO other mods.

Oh im just going by what Sparks told me, but thanks bro:)