PDA

View Full Version : Skids

Iliketogofast
07-16-2005, 01:47 PM
I need some protection for my new sprocket and brake rotor in the rear. All I want is this, no full swingarm skid. What's the best? I'm looking for something that will not mess up the first few hits but weighs next to nothing. I'm not looking to build a tank here. By the way, it's for a 250R.

rippin2
07-16-2005, 03:26 PM
if its light itll get messed up if its a litle on the heavier siad itll last long...i had mine on my blaster yes its have but i dont have to buy a new rear end cause i bend or break something...rather play it safe then sorry

jak1389
07-16-2005, 04:29 PM
go with a prm. they make awsome products.

woodsZrider
07-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by rippin2
if its light itll get messed up if its a litle on the heavier siad itll last long...i had mine on my blaster yes its have but i dont have to buy a new rear end cause i bend or break something...rather play it safe then sorry

not really for sure what he said,,,
but i would spare a little weight for a lot of protection..;)

Iliketogofast
07-17-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm not gonna be rock crawling or anything, I just dont wanna bend my rotor

rippin2
07-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by woodsZrider

thats wat i ment lol

HiperEX
07-17-2005, 04:48 PM
i have a prm on my 250r and its nice
bolts up basically to the stock locations and the front part theres like a clip slide part that bolts on, nice skids though oops i guess your only wanting the swinger skid nm then but id go for the full chassis skid as well there nice just incase

T2RACING
07-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by woodsZrider

I agree.. the weight diff,,, is not enough to matter w/ the extra protection you will be getting