PDA

View Full Version : LT80 side case

'03'300ex'er
07-16-2005, 09:33 AM
my daughter's side case broke yesterday. is there anyway of making this stronger? also if you have one we are needing one. also will all years interchange? thanks

grizzlykev
07-16-2005, 11:16 AM
if its the left side case that is the whole engine block.the new ones they make are now made stronger.you can also have them rein by race shops.

grizzlykev
07-16-2005, 11:19 AM
sorry about that i ment the right side

smr
07-17-2005, 06:54 AM
witch case is it? Is it the belt cover, the left crank case or the right crank case? The best way to keep them from breaking is to make sure no bolts are missing around the belt cover and never run it without the skid plate. We broke several cases before I found out that the skid plate makes it much stronger.

CGR will sell you a beafed up case however he will even tell you that they really don't make that much difference.

'03'300ex'er
07-17-2005, 07:23 AM
i guess it would be the right side, the belt cover is ok its the one it bolts to.

grizzlykev
07-17-2005, 07:34 AM
yes then this is the part of the engine block.you can get them welded but you have to take it to someone who no's what they are made from.if not you have to but new case.we have never broken our new cases that have reinforced.and we race xc.

smr
07-17-2005, 10:22 AM
we call that the left side engine case. That is where most of them brake. You can most likely have your welded but if you have to buy new you must buy both halves. ebay is a great place to get used ones.

If you buy a new one I sugest www.suzukiofparis.com ask for Chris Grissom. Most people that have ever raced mini quads know who this guy is. He will answer any questions and he will sell you a beafed up case.

LT80
07-18-2005, 07:53 AM
All years will fit.
There are others than CGR that will sell you re-enforced cases.;)
If it's a clean break and not bent, get it welded.
I still don't think the skidplate does squat to hold the cases together. That's about the only thing Chris and I disagree on.:D

'03'300ex'er
07-18-2005, 09:47 AM
thanks for all the info, i may try and get it welded. its not broke all the way yet. does anyone know if these cases are aluminum or not?

smr
07-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LT80
All years will fit.
There are others than CGR that will sell you re-enforced cases.;)
If it's a clean break and not bent, get it welded.
I still don't think the skidplate does squat to hold the cases together. That's about the only thing Chris and I disagree on.:D

I will have to remember this.