PDA

View Full Version : PowderCoating A-arms?

WORCSYFZ199
07-16-2005, 03:32 AM
I was wondering If any of you know how to get the ball joints out of the Roll design A-arms since they are encased in the arm? I am lookin to re powdercoat mine and to do that I need to get the joints out, so I was just wondering, thanks for the info.

sampleez
07-16-2005, 05:49 PM
their prolly pressed in from the bottom

TBD
07-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
I was wondering If any of you know how to get the ball joints out of the Roll design A-arms since they are encased in the arm? I am lookin to re powdercoat mine and to do that I need to get the joints out, so I was just wondering, thanks for the info.
Are they a ball joint or spherical hiem? If it is a spherical then on the bottom of the cup that the spherical sits in should be a clip. Remove the clip and press the spherical out. When you get ready to reinstall it put the spherical bearing in the freezer for a little while and it should just drop back in as long as you keep it straight.

WORCSYFZ199
07-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Here is a picture of what they look like, they arent the spherical heims, but they arent the standard type of ball joint cause these ones are like pressed into the arm, check out the picture.

TBD
07-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by WORCSYFZ199
Here is a picture of what they look like, they arent the spherical heims, but they arent the standard type of ball joint cause these ones are like pressed into the arm, check out the picture.

I'm not positive but I believe those are a Warrior style ball joint. If that is the case then they would screw into the cup. There should be four notchs in the outter housing of the ball joint. Those are for a special tool to remove them.

WORCSYFZ199
08-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by TBD
I'm not positive but I believe those are a Warrior style ball joint. If that is the case then they would screw into the cup. There should be four notchs in the outter housing of the ball joint. Those are for a special tool to remove them.

yeah they have 4 notches, could I remove them with any standard tools or do I have to buy the special one?

SRH
08-10-2005, 10:12 PM
hey kinda on the same topic... as far as color goes does like silver vein for example stand up better than like a translucent or electric type blue? or like the plain silver stock look...

WORCSYFZ199
08-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
hey kinda on the same topic... as far as color goes does like silver vein for example stand up better than like a translucent or electric type blue? or like the plain silver stock look...

I'm not sure, my Roll arms are black on bottom and chromed uppers and I want to get them redone the same, the bottoms are beat up pretty good and the chrome is getting to where it looks kinda cloudy