PDA

View Full Version : Worst Crash?

python952
07-15-2005, 11:54 PM
What was the worst crash you guys have had?

Mine was last year, when i was riding my blaster and I was riding on my neighbors stone driveway going to go hit up some trails. I was just riding up the driveway and I got sucked into a big ditch and nose dived into it and fliped the quad, I rolled over a bunch of rocks and then the quad landed on me. I got right up thinking only my elbow was messed up but I could move it. Turned out later when my back started to hurt that I fractured one of my lower left vertabrae's. To make it worse.... before i knew i messed up my back i had to play in my hockey teams first game of the season that day.

07-16-2005, 12:05 AM
i was riding down a road with my friends and thought I saw a car coming around the corner throug hthe trees but it was only a streetlamp...anyways, locke dup brakes doing about 40 and hit a ditch threw me over the handlebars and under my fourwheeler. The four wheeler then pushed me under the fence and hit the fence at an angle. totalled the front bumper, rim, aarms, tie rod, and tweaked the frame. took three people 5 minutes to pull the rim out from under the fence. if a post would of been where the four wheeler pushed me under at I would be dead

DeerNuts
07-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Slid into a barbed-wire fence in 4th. Bike (it was on the one I have now) took out the fence, and I went into the cow pasture.

No big deal(,BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN) couple scratches and then I went back and fixed the farmers fence that same afternoon.
Only the seatall ripped up on the quad. Nothing else.

Ridin' Jesse
07-16-2005, 07:12 AM
last weekend i was racing and i overshot a table and it like catapulted me into the ground and i got a cuncussion, scrapped up my back pretty good n banged up my knee and hip..it was pretty crazy

HondaEXrider22
07-16-2005, 08:50 AM
I rolled into a lake....

300exr
07-16-2005, 09:07 AM
cased a 50 foot double on the frame

250xridamatt
07-16-2005, 09:15 AM
This (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86053&highlight=worst+wreck) will keep you reading for a while, and it even has pictures.

450RGNCC
07-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I flipped a sportsman 500 on a hill and I wasnt wearing a helmet. I broke both eyesockets and most of the bones in the front of my face, my nose was destroyed (sort of like if you take a hammer to an egg), I had part of my lip/chin ripped partly off, the inside of my upper lip was ripped from my gum, and I had a compression fracture in 3 vertebrae. So now I have some titanium in my face. But I was able to push the bike off of me and walk away.

P.S. Ive never ridden anything again without a helmet.

MotoX3
07-16-2005, 09:42 AM
flipped my bike back on gravel doing a wheelie 5th gear pinned....wasnt to serious

rippin2
07-16-2005, 10:14 AM
i was riding down a road to get to my trails and i was goin like 55 on my blaster (cop radars) and my friend wass doin like 45 on his z250 so a car comes around the corner and a cop was behind him so i jam on the breaks and the next thing u know i had a messed up calf and broken fingers cuase the kid with the z ran into me..my quad didnt roll but his flew musta went about 20 feet b4 it stoped...he was ok but i had to go buy him bars and a new helmet...o and the cop didnt even get us cuase we both jumped back on the bikes and they started right up.

YFZ450Ridr
07-16-2005, 10:25 AM
my worst crash when i was riding a 4th gear wheelie on my old 250ex, and its pretty mucha balance wheelie on a 250 because it lacks the power to do a power wheelie in higher gears. any way i had it goin just right until some whoops came up that i didnt see and i flipped over backwords going oh 35 lets say. flipped backwords then the bike came crashing down and the handle bars landed on my hand, crushing it in the process and gave me a fractured hand. well i iced it and sucked it up the rest of the day but i wasnt riding just right and i wrecked again on the simplest tiny hill and again the handle bars cam crasing down and hittin me in the nads. simply the worst pain ive EVER felt. i was down and out for a good 20 mins before i could get up and walk after they hit me. i had a 2 for 1 deal on wrecks that day. 2 wrecks within an hour or 2. and only the bars and grab bar were a bit tweeked on the bike.

yamablaster24
07-16-2005, 11:26 AM
just this monday ( just got out of hospital thursday or wednesday i forget)
i was riding my bros 400ex at my friends track and coming down a hill sideways i hit a small double got tweaked and since it didnt have nerfs (wasnt my quad) my foot fell off and was snapped in half. I now have titanium rods and screws holding my fibia and tibia together lol.

2 or 3 years ago on my blaster i came up short on a 50 foot double the back end jacked straight up sent me over bars and the bike ran right over me. broke chest protector in half but i was in full gear and just hada den in my helm et

07-16-2005, 11:34 AM
nothing to to bad on a quad yet. just minor ankle stuff, elbow stuff.

when I used to ride BMX. ohh geez. I went off this jump. nothing special. wend to land and it was kinda sandy. the front tire kicked to the left. I went flying over the bars. the end of the bar caught on my balls. riped it raight open. OUCH. worst pain ever. I crawled like 25 ft to the drivway and yelled for my pops. we went to the hospitol. I got to sit in the hospital for like 4 hours for the doctor. they gave me some pretty fricky medication. I was in bed for 10 days. then by the 11th day I was walking around... slowly. now I got like a 3inch scar up my left nut. no more jumps on a bycicle for me.

07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
last year i was ridin my bros friends 80 in a field doin about 50 or so between 2 fourwheeler ruts, went into one, tried getting out, front wheel turned and locked up wet flying over the handle bars about 50 feet, bike kept fliping, i could see it fliping when i was, sat up, my arm was hanging at a 90 degree angle, cause i broke both the radius and ulna in half , but the bike only had a broken clutch lever lol

07-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by dvx400rider
last year i was ridin my bros friends 80 in a field doin about 50 or so between 2 fourwheeler ruts, went into one, tried getting out, front wheel turned and locked up wet flying over the handle bars about 50 feet, bike kept fliping, i could see it fliping when i was, sat up, my arm was hanging at a 90 degree angle, cause i broke both the radius and ulna in half , but the bike only had a broken clutch lever lol

what brand bars do you have. sounds like they must have been durible.

Atkins
07-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Mine was about a month ago when i hit a 60 foot tabletop wrong and flipped my quad over me, compressing my T5 and T6 vertibrae and getting concussion and knocked out for about 5 minutes.

redlineranger
07-16-2005, 01:10 PM
bout 2 years ago i wus doin about 35 on this trail that had 2 openings and there wus a bush that block the view comin around a turn and i ran head into some lil kid on yamaha breeze..... it busted the tire on my recon upon impact and i got on two wheels and tried to ride it out but it let down and the rim dug into the ground and it slung me into a nother bush about 20 feet away and the 4wheeler flipped a few times... so i had a screwed rim and tire and it bent the front bumper

m_townsgreatest
07-16-2005, 01:33 PM
mittimj....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i had 2 nothing real bad.

first one i was on my dads new raptor(it was the only brand new thing he's ever had...so her says) and it had to scratches or even scuffs and the plastic was perfect.Well i thought i'd go around the block for a quick spin b4 i went to see a football game (not wearing a helmet)and i came around this turn in 3rd gear about 1/2-3/4 throttle well its started sliding and i got scared and jammed the brakes to quit and that sent me into a roll. i flew off and slammed my head on the curb and the raptor rolled like 3 times landing upside down.(while all this happened i was home alone) so i flipped it back on all 4 and started it and drove home thinkin nothin was wrong cept for the blood i tasted in my mouth. Well i got into good lighting and i saw the plastic was all scratched up but i was in total shock from the crash and i didnt feel my head or my hand that had chunks missin outta them. the raptor was all scraped up(the plastics) and the throttle cover was all scraped so i took sum black paint we had and tried coverin it up.While all this was happenin i was scared to death my dad was gonna kill me for flippin her quad. so yeah i got that all taken care of then went in the house and saw i was bleeding from my hands and elbow.i got that all taken care of looked in the mirror and had a huge lump.well went to the game and my mom noticed my wounds so she asked me what happened and i told her.well the game ended and i remembered my dad was goin ridin that night so i had to call and tell him that i crashed and i told him that i wasnt wearing a helmet and he was wayyy more mad about that and he told me that we can always buy another bike but never another me and that i was grounded from 4wheelers for like 2 months for not wearin one.but he wasnt really mad about his 4wheeler just that i didnt have on a helmet

the other one i was climbing a hill and got cocked sideways so i bailed and fell in a rut and hurt my ankle then slid on my head for like 10 feet. then i slide on my shoulder for 10 more then i got sat up and i looked around and the 4wheeler misses my head by about 10 inches. i get back on it get it started and the bars are bent to h'ell and that was about it

theTman
07-16-2005, 01:37 PM
nothin really bad...cased a step up...quad ran me over..had a muscle spazm but they still made me go to the hospital cuz i couldnt walk..

07-16-2005, 01:41 PM
got roosted real bad by someone i was behind going off a jump, completley covered my goggles while i was almost on the jump face, didnt have time to pull a tear off and hit a rut on the face.it pulled my front wheel into a differnt rut then my back wheel and i went off sideways. broke my left wrist and all 5 fingers on my left hand:(

badass250r
07-16-2005, 05:28 PM
1st year ever at motorama on my blaster i was at the take off for the small double or huge tripple well i was to afraid to hit either so it was the last lap and i was 3rd to last so i gunned it around the small berm trying to clear the double well i ended up clearing the double and smashing right into landing for the tripple i got K.O. broke a wrist chip a few teeth broke a durablue and bent my frame what a way to welcome your self into areana X

07-16-2005, 07:29 PM
today I almoast ate it. good thing I had my new elkas.

there is this double that has like a 15ish ft gap. it is on a dirtbike practice track so it is a little iffy on a quad. today I went for it. hauled a s s doun the straight away. hit it in low 3rd. cleered the landing by like 6ft. bottomed out the shock pretty good on that one. so the next cupple times I figued out how slow I could go, till I caught the rear tires on the lip, just barley caught my self from going over the bars...

nosliw
07-16-2005, 07:58 PM
was going down a dusty, windy, wide logging road 4 gear pinned when my rear tires wouldnt hook up around a long corner. went into a ditch, then up over a huge stump, then into a patch of those weeds that the seeds stick your clothes. quad was ok but i was pretty shaken up.

ZRider400
07-16-2005, 10:03 PM
I was hitting a rythm section, which is double, triple , double...

well i landed the 1st double which is small, then noticed a hole on the take off of the triple , completely messed up the rear end of my quad ...made wheels lift/lose momentum... landed the tripple, but cased it... Quad preloaded/threw m e off , then did a front flip and landed on me, then did a few other flips and landed on its wheels.

Broke my collar bone, and tore my MCL in my knee durring that crash (still recovering..only been 3 weeks so far)

but no biggie, il'l be riding again in 3 weeks..knee already feels better, collar bone is sore. Going to be getting an elka shock and linkage this time, no more messin around with stock rebuilds. (which is what i believe the reason for it preloading me off so bad)

FoxRacing81
07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
On my Warrior, coming down beside train tracks. My friend I was riding with was on his old 400ex at this time. We we're hauling *** down the tracks when we we're approaching these puddles. Keep in mind, it was very dusty.
Normally, my friend would just pin it and fly right through them. I normally would go slow. For some reason, I decided to top it out in 6th gear....WOT...couldn't see that good through the dust on my warrior, hydro-plained across the first puddle....the dust cleared and I see my friend slowly going through the next puddle....no where for me to go around him...I tried to turn left to go around him...didn't make it all the way.

Clipped his left rear tire, I went flying, quad rolled about 10 times, I flew about 20ft away from my quad....couldn't breath for about 2 mins....had scratches all up my back and could barely walk good for about 2 weeks after that..

Quad damage wise-
Bent Nerf Bar, Bent Steering Stem, Bent Pro Tapers (brand new), Broken Thumb Throttle, Broken Headlights, Busted front plastic hood, Busted headlight guard, and 1 missing grip (never found it...:confused: )...

Despite barely being able to walk for almost 2 weeks, the next weekend I was out riding....rigged up the throttle from my beartracker, bent nerf bar back up, ordered new stem, salvaged some old cut grips, took headlight off....back riding again...
Later on I got a twist throttle and some new grips....

-Justin

redlineranger
07-16-2005, 10:17 PM
^^ ouch...... i have another one i forgot about.... i had this old huffy mountain bike and i could walk the crap out of it, but anyways i had walked it for about 250 feet when my friend pull out in front of me on his bike, so i bobbled a lil bit and i fell off the seat and straddled the tire for like 20 feet(had shorts on ), i did a strip check in the middle of the street(it wus like midnite so why not) just to chek to make sure my balls didnt get ripped off.... god it hurt:scary: :ermm:

Hondadudeehhhh
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
i was once a young lad riding my blaster around and i gunned this little *** jump and pulled really hard on the handle bars and the quad and myself went about 6 feet in the air and i landed on my tail bone . It wasnt that bad seeings how i didnt hurt anything (that i know of) but i couldnt walk for a good two days and sometimes ill get a real sharp pain in my lower back when im working

LTandRaptorider
07-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Well, some on here may remember mine last October... because I sure don't! Wrecked my LT, guessing I may have been doing over 60mph when I went off it. The area I wrecked was on a gravel road where I've dragged other quads, usually just about tapped out in sixth. I have no memory of what happened... broke my left hand, right shoulder, right collar bone, 3 ribs, swelling and bleeding to 3 lobes of the brain, bruised/torn right lung... I'm told the helicopter ride was nice... and Rider11x and Crazyhonda I guess made fun of me for sending them the same PM's repeatedly the next couple weeks... :p I lost about 8 days of memory and about 15lbs... and I kept it off! I called it my brain trauma diet! :D

07-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mittimj
what brand bars do you have. sounds like they must have been durible.

i think they were renthals

ZNT26
07-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Mine was actually yesterday. I came off a jump in a bad way. Hit the ground at a 45 degree angle and went off the left side of the bike. When I went left, my hand ran down the handlebars and goosed the throttle picking the bike up on it's grab bar. I'm laying on the ground dazed thinking "that wasn't too bad" when the bike crashed down on me with the throttle stuck wide open. Handlebars were laying on my helmet, rear tires were tearing up my side. Dang the Kenda Klaws that left some wicked marks on my left side. Broken collar-bone, bruised hip, swollen up knee. Could have been a lot worse for sure...

Quad18star
07-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Getting nailed by a dirtbike and shattering my leg in too many pieces . Just like Bart ( Ltand RaptorRider) , I also had a nice helicopter ride . I wish I could remember more of it , but they had me pumped a quite a few drugs for the flight .

4 surgeries and 11 months later , and I'm still not able to ride and walking is a difficult task . :ermm:

There's pics of the x-rays and wounds somewhere on here if you search for " Graphic Images"

watts16
08-23-2005, 06:40 PM
my friend nick was riding in front of his house on the dirt road. tapped out on his raptor car came around the coner tried to swerve and miss it slid into the guard rail and down a 35 foot cliff. he tried to break the fall with his hands and both of his arm bones went through his skin. colapsed lung 5 broken ribbs and a concusion. he got a helicoptor

08-23-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
my friend nick was riding in front of his house on the dirt road. tapped out on his raptor car came around the coner tried to swerve and miss it slid into the guard rail and down a 35 foot cliff. he tried to break the fall with his hands and both of his arm bones went through his skin. colapsed lung 5 broken ribbs and a concusion. he got a helicoptor

u mean a ride in a helicoptor. if he got a prize of a helicoptor for that then it just mite have been worth it.

Trevor
08-24-2005, 05:38 AM
I tryed to do a 1 wheeled wheelee and I somehow ended up on my back on the rocks. Other than that I brought a wheele back too far and did like a superman draging behind the bike till it slowed down.

JRP
08-24-2005, 07:00 AM
i was doin a nothing of s jump and when i was in the air my quad kept on going underneath me and i landed on the grab bar and broke my tail bone.. wasnt to bad jus had a hard time walkin and sittin..

ZNT26
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ZNT26
Mine was actually yesterday. I came off a jump in a bad way. Hit the ground at a 45 degree angle and went off the left side of the bike. When I went left, my hand ran down the handlebars and goosed the throttle picking the bike up on it's grab bar. I'm laying on the ground dazed thinking "that wasn't too bad" when the bike crashed down on me with the throttle stuck wide open. Handlebars were laying on my helmet, rear tires were tearing up my side. Dang the Kenda Klaws that left some wicked marks on my left side. Broken collar-bone, bruised hip, swollen up knee. Could have been a lot worse for sure...

Actually you can check out a picture of my Xray that I finally got posted. It's pretty wicked....http://www.fourplayindustries.com/index.php?ind=gallery&op=foto_show&ida=29 (Broken)

enduro400rider
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
last summer i was goin down the road riddin a wheelie in 4th took it back too far hit the grab bar and i freaked and i have no idea why i did it but i let go of the bars. :rolleyes: worst road rash i ever had i spent the next two weeks sleeping on my stomach cuz i couldnt lay on my back, it hurt to move at all. worst part is it ruined my favorite shirt lol. but i got some sweet scars on my back

yfz128y
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Last year at the London Ky gnc my back end kicked out side ways on the take off of the Table o two or what ever the name of that thing is. It hurt alot.