PDA

View Full Version : hmf slip on jetting

dickens07
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
well i just got my my hmf slip on for my 400ex yesterday and jetted it this morning and rode it for about an half an hour. i have never jetted a carb before but i had pretty good instruction on it and am confident that i put them in right but when i was in any gear, and gassed it i would only get about half throttle and then it would bogg down anywhere after half throttle like it wasnt getting the right amount of fuel/air mixture(it didnt die, it still ran).
i am runing a 165 main jet and the needle is 2 down from the top but i need to know how much to turn the fuel air mixture screw. thanks

07-15-2005, 10:35 PM
a lil bit goes a long way, prob. a half a turn or so clockwise to lean it some

zephead400ex
07-16-2005, 02:40 AM
Is a slip on all your running? No other mods? If you are only running a slip on a 165 is too rich on the main. I would suggest a 152 or 155 main. Also move your needle back up to stock posistion.

However, if you have other mods, please post. It helps to know all mods to help suggest setting sizes.

later

dickens07
07-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

However, if you have other mods, please post. It helps to know all mods to help suggest setting sizes.

all i have for mods is the slip on i am getting a k and n though today and i will run it with the air box on. thanks