PDA

View Full Version : Do something good?

Pappy
07-15-2005, 06:37 PM
I have been kicking around an idea for awhile. Actually a few idea's that would help promote atv's in a good way and possibly raise some money for a worthwhile charity.

I was going to build the state police a "D.A.R.E." quad for thier use in that program or possibly build a quad with spare parts donated by site members to auction off for a charity.

Im not sure how it would go over, either idea. Just doing some thinking.

Opinions?

07-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I have been kicking around an idea for awhile. Actually a few idea's that would help promote atv's in a good way and possibly raise some money for a worthwhile charity.

I was going to build the state police a "D.A.R.E." quad for thier use in that program or possibly build a quad with spare parts donated by site members to auction off for a charity.

Im not sure how it would go over, either idea. Just doing some thinking.

Opinions? the charity and dare ideas are great. both could potentially get some news coverage, so on. I think the ATV world needs something like that, with all the people that give quads a bad name

bryan.young1
07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
great idea pappy. i have some old parts i would be willing to donate.. 87 250X frame pretty banged up but with some weld work and some rustolium good as new. plus a set of stock front tires and stock bumper and stock tail light.

i know its just a 250 but if you want any of the stuff its yours. great idea and yes we need good press like that.

bryan

MXRACER86
07-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Awesome Idea!!! I got a bunch of YFZ450 and 400ex Parts to donate!!!

Hondadudeehhhh
07-15-2005, 09:23 PM
that sounds awesome pappy, i know there's a ton of guys that would be willing to help with this. Better take it up before OCC does :rolleyes:

MotoX3
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM
i think its a good idea...the only thing i could really suggest would be to use a 400ex as a quad.....lots of people have parts laying around for them on this site...

FasstMidnightZ
07-15-2005, 09:33 PM
i got quite a-bit of parts from my 250ex :confused:

07-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
i think its a good idea...the only thing i could really suggest would be to use a 400ex as a quad.....lots of people have parts laying around for them on this site... ill donate the fmf megajunk that came on my 400:macho

07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
that's a sweet idea, maybe then the states would support quading, and make some new laws about it, wish i could help, cuz everyone thinks quads are bad so good luck

TheFontMaster
07-15-2005, 09:57 PM
I have a good eye for desiging things, like what colors should go where and such, and I bet I could come up with a good design for a grafics kit. i always have ideas going through my head, if you want my oppinion on some of that let me know.

07-15-2005, 09:59 PM
also i can make any t-shirt you want, if you would choose to have some

Pappy
07-15-2005, 10:03 PM
i will ask some questions, and see what i might be able to get ahold of. the frame and engine would be the 2 biggest things, the rest wouldnt be hard to get.

maybe we could make up some shirts to sell to promote it?

im leaning towards a charity donation, the cops got enough:p maybe in the end, raffle the quad or something? i dunno, lots of planning and thinking, but maybe it could work. id also have to check with harlen about the legal aspects of doing it, i wouldnt want to get anyone in trouble.

i just feel we could make a statement and help some folks out in the process.

07-15-2005, 10:07 PM

maybe we could make up some shirts to sell to promote it?

alloymx428@comcast.net or PM me when my services are needed:macho :D

250xridamatt
07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
A 400ex would probably make the most sense. It should be the easiest to get free parts for, I think a lot of people here have stock 400 parts. You are right, this will take a lot of planning.

Maybe plan a big assembly to unveil the fourwheeler, have a bunch of kids come from all over, and a lot of police officers. Sell t-shirts at the event to raise more money. Then you could raffle it off when all the hype about it starts and raise even more money. Or maybe the police would want to take it around with them for demonstrations? These are just a few ideas that have popped into my head.

Punk'd
07-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah, thats a good idea IMO

07-15-2005, 11:47 PM
I could contribute a 400EX stock bumper in perfect shape.

07-16-2005, 12:20 AM
i have a left side 450r heel guard

insaneracin2003
07-16-2005, 07:51 AM
flyers being passed out at local races can help promote this awsome idea.it is just depending on how big ya want this to get.we work on a small one at first and see how it does.or just say the heck with it and lets get as much money as we can get for the charity.Im all in....let me know

wvspeedfreak
07-16-2005, 02:40 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea.I would really like to get involved in this project if it materializes.I have parts to donate and would be willing to help with the labor end as well.

300exOH
07-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Sounds like an awesome idea. I was thinking Victory Junction Gang would be a perfect charity to donate to. Nobody more deserving than terminal children IMO.

Pappy
07-18-2005, 04:25 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew of a charity.

i will start putting the word out for a donor engine and frame, from there we will see what we can manage to get rolling.

Quad18star
07-18-2005, 05:45 AM
i was wondering if anyone knew of a charity.

i will start putting the word out for a donor engine and frame, from there we will see what we can manage to get rolling.

How about a Charity like M.A.D.D ( Mothers Against Drunk Driving ) ??? I know every year there are a few people that get killed because they were intoxicated or high on drugs and crashed their quad . Also M.A.D.D is a huge organization ... and maybe something like this would be promoted nation wide . Just a suggestion .

insaneracin2003
07-18-2005, 07:43 AM
i think MADD would be a great idea,or even a charity that can help children that come from single parent homes that just cant afford toys and stuff.what ever it is,count me in.

underpowered
07-18-2005, 08:58 AM
sounds great. i got a few 400 parts, some stock shocks, stock heelgaurds, possibly soon to have a stock rear shock, footpegs, handle bars, steering stem, and even some holeshot tires on wheels. plus i work a a local shop and could find people with even more parts, just by posting it up in the bulitin board. we could get one heck of a group effort going on this.

TheFontMaster
07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
i think MADD would be a great idea,or even a charity that can help children that come from single parent homes that just cant afford toys and stuff.what ever it is,count me in.

My dad works at a foster home, I'm shure that if you go the route for children from single parent homes or something like that, that he could get some money donated.

fasterblaster09
07-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I think its a great idea,lets do it!

raptor35086
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Victory Junction Gang charity would be one of the better ones....get noticed by alot of race fans and all the racers and what could be better than the kids

AtvMxRider
07-18-2005, 05:31 PM
St judes childrens hospitle.

SRH
07-18-2005, 09:41 PM
i think thats a stupid idea, you wanna do something good dont throw your money towards a bunch of druggies who are in the dare program because they got caught with a bag of weed and its part of there probation, ur just wasting time, dont build a quad, take the money and go bring some poor family some food or buy a homeless guy some clean clothes or a bottle of liquor bring a lil happiness into there life instead of giving a quad to some stupid dare organization thats the biggest waste of time out there, or auction off a built quad and give the money to some needy organization or towards some medical research

donatiing anything towards places like dare or alcholic programs is dumb people are going to continue doing that crap, and i wouldnt throw away another penny on it...thats something thats there choice, just auction off a quad and put the money towards tsome kid who cant afford an operation etc...you get the idea

AlbaKFX
07-18-2005, 10:20 PM
What I think would be a good idea (not sure how high this would fly though) is doing like the local police do with schools. Bring the K-9s into schools, teach them about dogs and how to take proper care of your pet, and how the social aspect of having a pet will benefit them and teach kids how not to be selfish and such.

My idea is similar to those... except build a quad to attract kids to do something worthwhile in their spare time - not drugs. (seen the dust-off huffing topic, and all I can think of is what if the kids who do that crap had a good ATV hobby like racing to keep their mind straight.) When I was in school a selected few kids used to boast about their ATVs but nobody knew much about them and how involved one could get in a positive way. I got into bikes because of a small 'crew' of BMX bikers, and from 3rd or 4th grade till about 2 years ago I was big into freestyle BMX and devoted all of my spare time into it. Never touched a drug for that very reason.

Instead of all the people who come in with nothing but stories about how drugs can kill you and how drugs are bad, someone should try steering kids in a positive direction by teaching them about how hobbies will build up their self asteem, and maybe make a living for them one day if they want it bad enough.

The first time I seen a quad I fell in love - maybe others would feel the same

Again, just an idea. I don't know how many aspects there are for taking an ATV to local schools