PDA

View Full Version : Mounting rear fenders

dads400ex
07-15-2005, 03:07 PM
I see on some of the pictures of the 450R's that there is a screw of somesort holding the side wings to the frame. This is the pointed part of the rear fender sides that keeps pulling out of the push plug right by your knees, if this make any sense. Could somebody let me know what they are using to stop this.

Thanks

roostin_dale
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
i know what your talking about.

I dont know how to explain the piece, because i dont know what its called. You know those little clip things? where there is a threaded hole in the middle? Put one of those in the spot where the fenders normaly clip into. Then buy a screw and drill a hole in the fenders....understand what im saying? sorry, it would be easier if i knew what the dang thing was called, lol.

I did that on one set of fenders, on another set i just zip-tied them on there, its the easiest way to do it...:devil:

dads400ex
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

I dont know how to explain the piece, because i dont know what its called. You know those little clip things? where there is a threaded hole in the middle? Put one of those in the spot where the fenders normaly clip into. Then buy a screw and drill a hole in the fenders....understand what im saying? sorry, it would be easier if i knew what the dang thing was called, lol.

I did that on one set of fenders, on another set i just zip-tied them on there, its the easiest way to do it...:devil:

I know what you are talking about, never thought of those:o

Thanks

450RGNCC
07-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Lonestar sells clips to hold the fenders on, just check out their website.

07-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale

my maier plastics came with those...i like them

kbass24emtp
07-15-2005, 08:49 PM
I have the JB Racing Tank Support Bracket. It replaced the plastic cover that supports the gas tank and has tabs to mount the fenders. It bought if from Baldwin Motorsports. I beleve it was around $80 or $90 bucks. A little expensive but I think well worth it.

07-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
I beleve it was around $80 or $90 bucks. A little expensive but I think well worth it. :eek2: :eek2: