PDA

View Full Version : "Matt Bartosek Memorial Race" - Pymatuning Raceway

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Coverage for the Mat Bartosek Memorial Race will begin tomorrow afternoon!

We have attended the Memorial race since it's beginning and will forever attend as long as the memories are there!

Matt Bartosek is in just about every person memories that attend the GNC Nationals!

Matt was a great competitor and friend to many of the rider's that have been involved in racing ATV's !

Matt had moved up through the ranks of ATV Racing with astoundishing speed and ability!

The winter that Matt had turned Pro, He was involved in an accident that had claimed his life!

Matt will forever be remembered by the ATV Racing community for his never ending smile and helping hands!

#88 Forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:08 PM
The Bartosek Family has been around racing for many many years!

Matt and his brother were always involved in competition whether it was with each other or any other sport!

Starting in the Pee Wee ranks and moving his way up through the years was a sight to see!

Memories that will last forever!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:11 PM
The things I remember about Matt is that he never really grew up and I think that the last time i saw him he was still about this tall! (Just Kidding)

He was meant to race that's for sure!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Always full of fun and Jokes!!!!!!!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Definately a Dual Sport Rider!

MX or TT he always brought out the racing when he entered the track even as a little squirt!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Matty B!!!!!!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
As he moved up through the ranks, everyone knew he would be great!!!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Everyone remembers the duels that they had with him on the track and the jokes and games that he had played on them off the track!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Even with the loss of their son, Debi and the whole Bartosek Clan is always trying to improve the way things are done with the GNC series!'

From helping under privileged riders to providing some of the best support for injured riders to even putting out scholarship funds for college, the Bartosek's are always remembering what it took to move Matt up through the ranks and turn Pro!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Debi and Jodi are one of the best helpers and listeners that I can remember !

If you have a problem with any kind of equipment at the track Jodi will help you try to fix it!

For any other problems, Debi usually opens up an ear and try and help!

Thanks for all of the help over the years Guys!!!!! We all need it at some time or another!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
INFORMATION ABOUT THE RACE IS AS FOLLOWS:

ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS PROVIDING A SAFER AND MORE RESPONSIVE MEDICAL UNIT WHILE AT THE TRACK! (SOMETHING THAT I THINK EVERYONE NEEDED AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER)

2005 MATT BARTOSEK SUMMER CELEBRATION RACE
Pymatuming Holeshot Raceway
Linesville, Pennsylvania

Schedule of Events:
Friday, July 15th
Open practice from 6:00PM – 10:00PM

Saturday, July 16th
Open practice starting at 9:00AM
Expert Quad & Quad A practice at 10:30AM

CRA Race beginning at 11:00AM
Contingency prizes for amateur quad classes

Expert Quad qualifiers will run at 4:00PM
8 laps

Quad A qualifiers will run after Expert Quad (if needed)
5 laps

Meet and Greet the Riders at 6:00PM

Last Chance Expert Quad qualifier 7:00PM (if needed)
Last Chance Quad A qualifier (if needed)

Saturday Night July 16
Evening Racing to begin at approximately 7:30PM

Expert Quads will run their final at approximately 10PM
12 laps

Drawing of Raffle Winners
Entertainment following race

There will be a multitude of activities going on Saturday:
- Event t-shirts and sweatshirts will be for sale
- We will be raffling off a helmet signed by the ATVA National Motocross Pro Riders
- A product raffle will also be held with donated product from ITP, DG Performance, Fullbore Plastic, JB Racing, Ogio, Douglas Wheel and FMF
- We will also be having trivia questions throughout the day with prizes!

Sunday, July 17th
Holeshot Double Points Race

Gate Fees: $25 for the weekend

Race Fees: $20.00 for first class/$15.00 for any additional classes (CRA memberships $15)
Expert Quad - $75 entry fee/payback all 16 places
Quad A - $30 entry fee/payback at least top 7 place

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:29 PM
We have a memorial video that we have done for Matt's Family!

We will post a shorter version and a longer version for download!!

I think that once you view the video you will see why Matt will always be remembered as a great person!

Matt Bartosek Video (Long Version)
(http://www.remnsproductions.com/atv/Bartosek%20Videos/BartosekLong.html)
Matt Bartosek Video (Short Clip) (http://www.remnsproductions.com/atv/Bartosek%20Videos/BartosekShort.html)

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #88 Forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RemNS
07-15-2005, 03:32 PM
Please feel free to add some thoughts and memories of Matt and His Family throughout the coverage and check back Saturday night for updates on the Pro Class Race from Pymatuning Raceway!

TheMachine
07-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I was just kind of curious how he passed. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

MrP
07-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Matt, thanks for the memories you gave us. It was an honor to watch you race in my 2002 rookie year. You were great then and even better now. I know you are watching down over all of us.

yamablaster24
07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
I didnt know him personally but being an ohio racer it hit home when i heard the devistating news. rest in peace matt ( my names matt also ) Keep riding in the skies of heaven, ill be up there with ya someday man.

Pymatuning is one of my favorite CRA tracks i ran open quad up there to bad i broke my leg or i would be racing there right now. cant wait for the coverage.

MX#9
07-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by TheMachine
I was just kind of curious how he passed. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
It happened a few years back during some winter races in Florida,if I'm not mistaken.
I was not there,but if I remember correctly, he was dicing for the lead with Jerimiah Jones on a TT or flat track course and got his foot caught in his nerf net and could not get it loose.
I remember it mostly because he was from my area.
My prayers and thoughts also go to his family.
My admiration to them as well for still supporting the sport.

quadchick3
07-16-2005, 09:23 PM
like most people here i also never got the opportunity to meet matt but i want to thank you for that video you made rick. Theres no better word to describe it other than amazing.

slicknickz
07-16-2005, 10:49 PM
I just got back from the race and Pat Brown won. Matt White came in second and Dustin Royer came in 3rd. The track conditions was dry during qualifying and dusty and then a storm came through and during the main it was a muddy mess.

TheMachine
07-17-2005, 01:27 PM
I didn't know if it was a car accident or what. That's sad to hear.

Sandsjbyz22
07-17-2005, 05:07 PM
It wasn't a car accident MX#9 pretty much summed it up.

motochicksmom
07-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Despite the weather, as usual this event was a great time...the racing was action filled and a good time to watch.. but my favorite part of this weekend was seeing the friendship..the gathering of fellow riders and "family". An awesome dinner..THANK YOU!..and a fun filled raffle..no-one went away without smiling this weekend (although we were slightly wet and muddy ... )

I got to watch Matt race on his 90 mod at Fox Raceway and then on up..it was awesome to watch him blow away many riders on the 250R's and bigger quads back then! And he always did seem to have the biggest smile at the track!

A great Thanks! to Deb and Jodi, Ed, Holeshot Raceway, and all the others who helped put this event on... And to Rick - for the veiwing of the ESPN Great Outdoor Challenge...where else a better place to watch it than with all our friends gathered around!

Can't wait to see the pics...:D

Sue

quadgirlie
07-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I'll never forget when we lost Matt.. How hard it was and how life just seemed to fall apart. I remember thinking that nothing good could come from this... That God was really punishing us for something...

This year was bittersweet for me. I finally decided to stop being mad, and really thank God for all that has come from this. Since Debi has set up The Matt Bartosek Memorial Fund, and began supporting the Mobile Medical Unit, you see and hear of countless people that have used it. And not only that... Matt brought so many of us together. The whole racing community came together as a family. I even met Rachel, My best friend, when Matt passed away as we helped eachother through it.. And every rider that does it out there for Matt every weekend..

This past weekend was so much more than a race... its a celebration. Its about this amazing person that we will NEVER forget...

And I have to add one last thing. Matt, if your listening up there, We all know you rain on every sad moment to rush us through it.. We get the point, so lets skip the rain next year!

MXcutie
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I remember meetin Matt though Dave Diver in 02 we talked on the internet almost every chance we got and finally got to actually meet in person at HP he gave me this huge hug and just knew how to make me smile that whole weekend no matter where he was or who he was talkin to he would stop and say hi even if i was just walking by. when we were gettin ready to leave saturday nite he asked me if i wanted to go to dinner with him and his "crew" i turned it down which i regret up until this very day. when we were leaving on sunday he came over and talked to me just so i wouldnt have to help pack up gave me a hug and said see ya at the next national I didnt end up goin to anymore b/c i started college early but we still talked xmas of 02 i remember him asking me if i was goin to go to FL to watch everyone race i said yes and to save a spot for me he laughed and said not a problem but my friends bike wasnt ready in time so we never ended up goin the next thing i know is that i was gettin a phone call from John Natalie saying that Matt passed away earlier that day from a racing accident there isnt one day that goes by that i dont think of Matt. He was one of the nicest ppl that i have ever met and he will live on in our racing community forever.

Matt I know your reading this and I just wanted to say Thanks for everything and make sure the track is sweet so i can watch you race when i get up there with you buddy!

#88 forever!

racerchick
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I grew up racing with Matt and he will forever be in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

I miss him so much.

RemNS
07-19-2005, 05:51 AM
The memorial race was once again carried on in great memories of the past with the added on title of "Summer Celebration"!

A deserving title for all of the racers and their family and friends that were in attendance!

The turnout was great and the company was even greater!

Everyone that was in attendance was there for the fun and stories with each other and to rekindle the memories that Matt had left with each and every group in attendance!

I have to give the Bartosek's all of the credit in the world for being there with a smile on their face all weekend! The loss of their son and a triumph of carrying on his dream through everything they do as just unheard of in these days!

Debi and the family held up very well and just wanted to make sure everyone was having fun! And I do believe that everyone did just that!

Even the rain that had fallen did not hamper any spirits!

To everyone that was part of the race this weekend thanks for the memories and the good time!

To those that had the part in donating and sponsoring the event a big thank you !

RemNS
07-19-2005, 05:57 AM
The Bartosek's hold a raffle every year for parts, gear and memoribilia from the GNC circuit!
Each ticket costs a dollar and you have your choice of which donated prize you want to put your ticket towards!
This year the raffled off prizes included:
Signed Chad Reed Jersey, Complete set of Douglas Rims, Ogio Gear Bag, ITP Holeshot Tires, Autographed Helmet from every Pro Ridr in the GNC Circuit, JB Swing Arm, JB A-Arms, Set of Nerf Bars, Duncan Racing Front Bumper, a Bunch of Big Toys for all of the youngstersand a whole bunch more!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:02 AM
The Shirts that were made for the memorial race were also a great bonus to all of the riders who had known Matt!

Debi was very pleased with everything and everyone that had came together to help with the event!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:05 AM
Jodi was just happy that he could enjoy the weekend !

Usually he is dirty up to his elbows from helping everyone keep their machines in top shape at the nationals and I believe he had the perfect oppurtunity to sit back relax and enjoy the events from the weekend!

Well deserved Jodi!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:07 AM
John from Legacy ATV was in attendance helping out one of his riders!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Even though rain had made a few appearances over the weekend spiritd were up and the track was in good shape for most of the races!

Spectators were getting the best seats in the house and I believe this guy did have the best seat!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:10 AM
Although the grand stands sit on top of the announcers tower so anyone can have one of the best views of racing I have ever seen!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:14 AM
I just had to throw this pic up !

Interesting conversations came up all weekend from the football fans!

Pymatuning Raceway is located right between Pittsburgh and Cleveland!

Rivals in Sports wether on of off the field!

I had a few good Steeler - Brownie agruments going on as heckling always seems to get some good football facts flowing!

Go Steelers!!!!!!!! Boo the Brownies!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Mark Baldwin, Tim Farr and the rest of the Baldwin Crew made an appearance in support of the great cause this race has!

Tim was only in appearance for support though as his Honda Contract only allows him to race at certain events due to risk of injury!

I'm sure he would have wanted to race there as the track and competition looked good for a non National Race!

I do believe that if the 6 hour event would have been on a different weekend, we would have had over half of the GNC Pro riders in attendance!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:21 AM
The facilities were great with water and power hook ups throughout the parking area!

The wash areas were needed as the morning skies opened up with a few on and off rain showers making the track a muddy mess for the first round of motos in the CRA events!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:22 AM
The mud was too much for some of the little guys as their bikes bogged down on the track and their parents bogged down as they tied to push them off the track!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:24 AM
The CRA Motos were a pretty muddy !

Most of the Pro riders signed up for the Money class in CRA but the mud was a little too much and they withdrew in order to put their chances on the night main event for the big Money of a $7,000.00 payout!

Here Christa Watson (blue #186 Yamaha) had the holeshot in the CRA class but followed another rider towards the wrong section of the track and fell back to mid pack!

Right Turn Christa!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:29 AM
The youth riders always seem to have more fun in the mud!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:33 AM
By the end of the first motos, the track was trying to dry up!

The track layout was pretty interesting for the race!

The promoter actually has two tracks to run on! One for the Bikes and One for the quads! (A and B) Every other race, he switches the tracks for the riders to give them a variety of surfaces to race on. This weekend the quads were racing on Track B which is mostly hard Packed with some safer jumps!

Even more interesting is both tracks use the same gate! Hard to explain but the idea is great and the use of land is mind blowing!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:35 AM
A top view of the start!

Track A goes off and to the Left and Track B goes off and to the Right!

This design allowed 24 motos to be ran within a 2 hour time period!

Great idea!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:38 AM
For the ATV Main Events, both tracks would be utilized as a combined track and Lap times were coming in as a best lap of 3 minutes 51 seconds! WOW!

It was a great layout!

Here is a series of pics from Right to Left of the track Layout!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Middle!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Left!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:41 AM
After the CRA Motos were finished Intermission brought out all of the fans for raffle tickets!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:43 AM
Most of the Lost Creek Crew was in attendance for the weekend!
Here Jeff Thompson and Mr. Dunkelberger have a few laughs together!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Main Event Practice came around at 3:00 with all of the CRA Events finished up most of the riders would get their first try at the double track layout!

Two mains for the ATV were held. CRA Money Class and Pro Class!

A good turnout for both as the Pro class woud have to run qualifiers to be in the main!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:47 AM
A few noteables for the Pro class!

Darynn Capitena #37 from Capp Steel!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Pat Brown #199 from K&K ATV!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Cody Smith #71 with Legacy helping out!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
#32 Matt White of JB Racing!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:50 AM
#311 Jesse Scheaffer !

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:51 AM
#80 Jeff Thompson of Lost Creek Cycles!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:53 AM
A whole slew of riders that were locals and looked like Pro Am riders turned out!

The mixture of Pro and Pro Am riders would be a great race when there is $70000.00 on the line!

#125 Justin Hanusosky looked like the early local contender!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:55 AM
Qualifiers would see a great track as the sun dried up all of the rain and made traction the best it was all day!

The Local Rider Justin Hanusosky grabbed the early lead in Qualifier #1 and took it to the checkers!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 06:57 AM
#37 Daryn Capitena would be the runner up in Qualifier #1 with #122 Dustin Royer taking 3rd and Matt White Taking 4th after a horrible holeshot!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Qualifier #2 saw #199 Pat Brown lead from gate to Flag!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:09 AM
A late showing of #20 Josh Upperman proved that this main would be filled with talent!

With no Practice, Upperman would cruise towards the back but would get in the main with a 5th place finish!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:10 AM
#311 Jesse Scheaffer would have a good run in the second qualifier as the race was on for 2nd through 5th with Scheaffer prevailing for the runner up spot!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:17 AM
So the ATV MAIN was set with the following riders after the LCQ was Ran!

#125 Justin Hanusosky
#199 Pat Brown
#37 Daryn Capitena
#311 Jesse Scheaffer
#122 Dustin Royer
#80 Jeff Thompson
#32 Matt White
#71 Cody Smith
#523 Nick Mitchell
#20 Josh Upperman
#378 Rob Arnold
#31 Adam Clark
#113 JR Hinds
#189 Mike Simpkins
#15 Ben Bettis
#31 ??????????

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
For the night opening ceremonies, all of the riders were asked to enter the track with their helmets off so the fans could see the rider behind the helmet!

A great touch for the opening ceremonies!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Debi and the whole Bartosek family were asked to present the opening ceremonies!

Super Deb to the scene!!!!!!!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:28 AM
The Promoter of Pymatuning Raceway held the opening ceremonies with a great word of remembering all of our fallen heroes!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Then in true fashion of speeding all of us through some painful memories, Matt had let the skies open up just as the microphone was passed to Bebi for some thoughts and prayers!

If you are not familiar with the memorial race, every time Bebi plans to speak to the crowd about Matt at this race, it always sems to have a rain shower speed things through the pain. last year she wanted to show a video I made for the family ad it started to rain and this year in something that amazes me, as soon as she held the mic, it started to pour down rain.

There is only one way to describe this and that is true of what Debi always says; "Matt is watching us right now and he dosent want us to shed a tear in his memory he just wants us to skip the painful memories and get to the racing!"

I have to totally agree with those words!!!!!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:35 AM
The horses are brought out onto the track for the national anthem and it was just great to see how well racing and recognition is carried on at this track!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Thye rain left the track another muddy mess for the CRA two wheeled Pro's to race on!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:37 AM
I thought we might have to use this machine to get around on but the track held up for some racing even though conditions were not at their best!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:40 AM
With the storm hitting and the electric in bad shape the promoter had let the Bikes run on the combined track but by the time the ATV's were up, the back section to the far middle of the pic near the woods would be too muddy and not lit well enough to run both tracks! So the ATV races would run on a shortened version of the combined track!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:42 AM
The riders were entering the gate for the main and ready for the ever so important holeshot in the mud!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:43 AM
#122 Dustin Royer

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:43 AM
#32 Matt White

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:44 AM
#311 Jesse Scheaffer!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 07:45 AM
#37 Daryn Capitena !

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:08 AM
#20 Josh Upperman!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
#125 Justin Hanusosky

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
#80 Jeff Thompson !

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:10 AM
Debi Bartosek holds the 30 second card!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Who will get the holeshot????

#122 Dustin Royer and #15 Ben Bettis lead the way to the first turn!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:13 AM
#20 Josh Upperman didnt get the holeshot he wanted and look at the mud just from the first lap!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
The fans were out to watch some great racing and passing opportunities throughout the 20 minute moto!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
#199 Pat Brown grabbed the early lead after Lap #1 !

#32 Matt White would be right on his heels as the two fought for position from turn to turn!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:17 AM
#15 Ben Bettis would be up front early but fell back as laps progressed!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Brown and White would rub a few times as they went from turn to turn. At one point I actually heard the two hit as they landed off a jump!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
#122 Dustin Royer was the surprise of the night as he ran in the third spot throughout the moto!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:22 AM
It may have ben muddy but there was definately some great racing going on in every turn of the track!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Most of the riders were all but clean as I can even tell who is who from lap to lap!

I'll throw up some photos from the race anyway!

#125 Justin Hanusosky rode to a forth place finish!

Great run for a local and A Class Rider!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:25 AM
#199 Brown held his ground at every attempt of a pass by White!

Matt made a few mistakes and spun out which left the lead to Brown but not after attempting a last ditch effort with 3 to go!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:28 AM

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
In the end it was #199 Pat Brown with the win !

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
#32 Matt White in second!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:32 AM
#122 Dustin Royer in third!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:33 AM
#125 Justin Hanusosky in fourth!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Pat Brown gives the thumbs up for taking the win and having some fun in the mud!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Matt White talks to Brown about the battles they had out on the track! They laughed about the tire to tire battle and Matt explained what happened when he spun out!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:36 AM
#122 Dustin Royer gets a big thumbs up from Debi Bartosek for a great ride as the underdog on the podium!!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Just after the race was over all of the lights were shut down and some music was played for a great fireworks celebration that lasted over 45 minutes!

Great job on the Pyro!!!!!!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:38 AM

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:40 AM
The Podium had to wait until the fireworks were over as the Bartosek 's along with Pat Brown, Matt White, Dustin Royer and their crews al watch the fireworks together!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Some great looking trophies went out to the CRA Riders as well!

RemNS
07-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks to everyone that was involved and came out to watch it was a great time and a great cause to be at Pymatuning Raceway!!

#88 Forever !!

lilmatt80290
07-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Great race coverage we went out there Saturday night at like 3 cause the truck started overheating but the Sunday race was good and It was my friends first race but he was a bike But i was glad I was able to get out there

Admin
07-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the Report, Rick!!!