PDA

View Full Version : Shock Dilema

SnowFlake
07-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Ok heres the deal i need new front shocks cause the one is blown. I want to get works steelers with the rezies, but i dont know if i should get +1 a-arms cause i ride trails ALOT and ill be going to an MX track just to mess around on. But when i load my stock width 400 into my pickup the two front wheels squeeze by the wheel wells, so i think +1's would be a problem. So should i just stay stock width and get elka's?

Thanks,
Pat

07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Sounds more like a personal toss up the +1 will work better on mx but you will have to lift it over your wheel wells in the truck and you also do alot of trail riding so the stock width is better. This also depends on the money you want to spend your cheapest way is to put elkas on stock arms for sure but its what you like riding more and want the bike set-up better for mx or trail

SnowFlake
07-15-2005, 11:32 AM
I will be riding alot more trails than MX. I will go the track a couple times a year to mess around. I think iam going to stay with the stock width.

So heres the new question, the Elka rec shocks or the works tripple rate with the rezzies. Rember i reall dont think ill be getting into GNCC or anything like that i jsut like to ride hard in the trails by me and occasonal trip to the track.

SLAW
07-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Something for you to think about ,if you want to run +1 aarms for MX and not be to wide when trailriding is to run 4/1 offset front wheels instead of 2/3 offset... 4/1 wheels also seem to help with bump steer (nicking rocks or treeswith your front wheels) it moves the axis point of your balljoints closer to the center of your wheel... Hope this helps a little with your dilemma...

eganracing
07-17-2005, 10:24 PM
most people like the elkas better than the works but the works are cheaper

Sjorge450R
07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
i should be getting my elka dual rate no rezzies in the mail in a couple of days. I will let you know how i like them

2001400exrider
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
i got the tripple rate elkas without the rezzies and the ride is unbeliveable over stock:eek2:

Sjorge450R
07-18-2005, 04:12 PM
yeah i wanted the triple rates but they arent made for the 300ex because of the shock lenght. The only way i could have got them is if i would have got long travel a-arms. I said screw it. Should get them wensday or thursday. When you buy them go to ebay.com and go to the store part. look up ATV Galaxy and give them a call. Triple Rates Elka no Rezzie 465. Cant beet it. And they are new. I got my kill switch from them in 3 days. Plus with this site you get free shipping and free shock covers.

Sjorge450R
07-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Here is the link
http://stores.ebay.com/ATV-Galaxy_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm
just type Shocks in the search bar. All their prices are correct. Find wat you want and then give them a call.

SnowFlake
07-18-2005, 09:06 PM
that price does not sound bad for the elka tripple rate with out the rezzies, so tell me how the are when u get them.

-pat

Sjorge450R
07-19-2005, 04:14 AM
unforunetly i could only get dual rates because of my shock lenghts. They should be here tomororw or thursday. That site has plenty of other good things

Sjorge450R
07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
shocks were on my porch when i came home today. Went inside got the quad out and put them on. I only rode around my yard but i can feel a huge difference. It is going to take awhile to get them adjustusted to my weight. I would highly recommend them.

SnowFlake
07-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I was looking at the tripple rates for $465, but works has the tripple rates with the rezzies for about the same price. What do you guys think...

Sjorge450R
07-20-2005, 04:05 AM
you get what you pay for... and i dont think the works are adjustable.

SnowFlake
07-20-2005, 05:38 AM
OK thanks for the help im probably going to go with the Elka tripple rates and mybe in the future i can get the rezzies put on. Do you think it goin to be alright if i order from that ebay store without a paypal account?

Sjorge450R
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
i called them... Its a 800 # so it doesnt matter. You dont get tracking but you feel more secure. Plus you can talk to them about which shocks you should get. When you call tell them that you saw the shocks on their ebay store.

440ex#28
07-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I have a pair of Works triple rate shocks with rezzies for sale. the are used but im very good condition. i always ran shocks covers and they are much much better than stock. im asking $300