PDA

View Full Version : Drowning out

duke416ex
07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Gotta question, I am running a k&n w/ outerware and no lid. On cdi I have a magnum box. Last race everytime I hit water the bike died. Usually started back up pretty quick, except once when it acted like a dead battery, only did that once and then the battery seemed fine. I figured it was sucking water, but it usually doesn't do that. This was the first time in much water with the rev box, anyone think the water was killing the electric or sorting the box somehow, and what can you do to more water proof the electric?

bman863
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
the cdi box probably got wet. on the 400ex's it is in a very vulnerable spot as far as water is concerned.

SLAW
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Take all of your elec. connectors apart and blow them clean of water and debre then put dialetric grease (you can buy dialetric grease at any auto parts store) in the female terminals and reassemble... Now for your airbox... I suggest you atleast run an "outterwear" over the airbox opening. I cut the middle out of my airbox lid 'all but 1/2 in. from around the outside edge then I made a ring out of 3/16 plastic and stretched the outterwear over@ around the ring then screwed the ring to the lid. I've seen similar'factory made' rings on ebay if you prefer... Good luck!!!!