PDA

View Full Version : ATVriders.com HACKED Today

Admin
07-15-2005, 08:48 AM
ATVriders.com was Hacked this morning and obviously we were able to get the site back up and running in less than a few hours, but the problem remains that someone has taken an interest in bringing down ATVriders.com.

The site may be Hacked again, so we are working on building a new forum system to combat this first attack, but I am sure that the person responsible is on a mission, so the site may go down again before we can react to this security attack. Unfortunately the type of attack ATVriders.com is receiving is very expensive in that the hack this morning streamed data out at over 80mb/sec for several hours which brought the sever bill up to over $1,000 this morning alone, OUCH!!!

I apologize to everyone in advance if and when the site may go back down, and I am working on a solution to minimize the risk of future attacks

If anyone has any information in regard to person responsible for Hacking ATVriders.com, please contact us ASAP webmaster@atvriders.com

Raptorchick
07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear that Harlen. :(
If you need help with anything let me know.

07-15-2005, 08:54 AM
why would some do that
Sorry

Snow
07-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah this doesnt sound good :(

I was wondering why I couldnt get on in the morning, thought it was because of my terrible computer :rolleyes:

TheFontMaster
07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Wow that sucks, why can't people just keep to themselfs if they have a problem with it.

07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
it apears its being hacked now "11:32 am eastern", the site is extreamly slow and i get"problem with the data base" messages:( :(

JRP
07-15-2005, 09:32 AM
man this sucks. people are so gay these days.

raptor35086
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
What is wrong with people these days...dont the have anything better to do

07-15-2005, 09:52 AM
it seems like it get hacked agian 11:00 central time

trick450r
07-15-2005, 09:56 AM
yup i think it just got hacked again...it was down for a few minutes...

dober250R
07-15-2005, 09:58 AM
do you know what information they are stealing?

07-15-2005, 09:59 AM
i think they probly just trying to crash the site

trick450r
07-15-2005, 10:04 AM
its prolly some tech weenie at bluetraxx

07-15-2005, 10:05 AM
ROTFL

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
that sucks harlen! i hope they dont do it again:(

watts16
07-15-2005, 10:21 AM
man this sucks

Blasta400ex
07-15-2005, 10:23 AM
yea i was pissed wen i woke up and it was fwon..damn hackers

07-15-2005, 10:29 AM
it is prob. some loser that got banned

Mxracer53
07-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah this doesnt sound good
I was wondering why I couldnt get on in the morning, thought it was because of my terrible computer
i hope they dont try it again . what a lame thing to do.

07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
i hope they dont try it again . what a lame thing to do. it seems the site is temporarly locked up like every 5 minutes:( :( :ermm: :ermm:

HondaEXrider22
07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Hope you catch them!

Admin
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
We have made some progress in securing the site, and we think that we have re-secured the site for the short term, and the situation isn't looking as critical as they did at 8AM this morning.

The next plan will be to completely upgrade the server and software sometime in the very near future, but atleast it can now be done as a planned operation instead of a frantic rebuild.

Fender Bender
07-15-2005, 11:08 AM
somewhere along the line of securing the site, you should upgrade to vb 3.0.7.

07-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Admin
We have made some progress in securing the site, and we think that we have re-secured the site for the short term, and the situation isn't looking as critical as they did at 8AM this morning.

The next plan will be to completely upgrade the server and software sometime in the very near future, but atleast it can now be done as a planned operation instead of a frantic rebuild. good to hear your getting it undercontrol, ive noticed that the part of the user cp that shows when people have replied to your posts is no longer updating, i wasnt sure if you were aware of this, so i thought i would say so

Harvey
07-15-2005, 11:22 AM
I wonder if it's the same jerk off that hacked ********.com a few months back...what's the point? JERKS!

FasstMidnightZ
07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
holy $hit :eek:

find out who it is, then ill call my brother and he can hack into his comp ;)

Admin
07-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Fender Bender
somewhere along the line of securing the site, you should upgrade to vb 3.0.7.

3.0.7 or new will be part of the upgrade

Punk'd
07-15-2005, 12:10 PM
What a bunch of ***holes.. You must have alot of time on your hands doing this.. I hope you find him and shove a microchip up there ***:mad: :grr:

07-15-2005, 12:19 PM
it's either ***********EDITED************

***ADMIN****
Please don't make accusations against other sites or people because it could have been done by anyone, but unless someone has hard evidence, keep your ideas to private messages and emails.

Thanks
Harlen

07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
did the hackers just try to crash the site, or did they like steal info and stuff?

Admin
07-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
did the hackers just try to crash the site, or did they like steal info and stuff?

All the info seemed to have remained secure, but it was virtually a financial attack by hammering the bandwidth availability of the site. If the claim for a waiver is not accepted, ATVriders.com may be responsible for the $1,000+ bill for the bandwidth consumed in that small window of time.

ATVriders.com usually consumes around 400-700gb of bandwidth a month, which is some major traffic, but the script run on the server was able to blow through 1,000gb of data in only a few hours before it was caught :eek:

07-15-2005, 01:24 PM
All the info seemed to have remained secure, but it was virtually a financial attack by hammering the bandwidth availability of the site. If the claim for a waiver is not accepted, ATVriders.com may be responsible for the $1,000+ bill for the bandwidth consumed in that small window of time. i think most of us can buy a shirt or two:macho

redlineranger
07-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by JRP
man this sucks. people are so gay these days.

thats true... the sad thing is is that it wus probably someone that wus a low life that got booted off the site and made another account and hacked into it... the site wus runnin very slow around 10:30-12central earlier today... sorry to hear about it being hacked

FoxRacing81
07-15-2005, 02:47 PM
it apears its being hacked now "11:32 am eastern", the site is extreamly slow and i get"problem with the data base" messages:( :(

Site seemed very slow for me too.

Pappy
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
if harlen had bought me some better beer koozie's i wouldnt have dropped my beer at 5 am and short circuited my mainline into atvriders.com:devil:

sucks harlen, i hope they are able to run down the responsible party. hackers suck. just goes to show the ethics that dont exists in this world.

07-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Do you have the latest build installed for this forum?

Vbb has alot of bugs in it.

Pappy
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
i think they had it planned to roll out the new forum this summer/early fall. i geuss the schedule will be moved up now. i know jacksquat about computers, all i know is i had a wake up call from one highly pissed off admin:chinese:

AtvMxRider
07-15-2005, 05:31 PM
All the info seemed to have remained secure, but it was virtually a financial attack by hammering the bandwidth availability of the site. If the claim for a waiver is not accepted, ATVriders.com may be responsible for the $1,000+ bill for the bandwidth consumed in that small window of time.

ATVriders.com usually consumes around 400-700gb of bandwidth a month, which is some major traffic, but the script run on the server was able to blow through 1,000gb of data in only a few hours before it was caught :eek:

Do you have any leads or know how to find out who it was? What legal action can you take against them for something like that?

AtvMxRider
07-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
it's either ***********EDITED************

***ADMIN****
Please don't make accusations against other sites or people because it could have been done by anyone, but unless someone has hard evidence, keep your ideas to private messages and emails.

Thanks
Harlen

born-2-race
07-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Man, that sucks :(

I hope this guy soon realizes that he cannot stop atvriders.com :macho

Pappy
07-15-2005, 06:13 PM
LMAO! jerry is king of the pictorial b!tchslap!

MotoX3
07-15-2005, 06:16 PM
jerry i must admit...ive been telling kids off for using those lately...but man you use the ones that are funny as hell....lmao everyone remembers the apple....good times...

AtvMxRider
07-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
LMAO! jerry is king of the pictorial b!tchslap!

:devil:

Pappy
07-15-2005, 06:32 PM
hahahah!

:mad: :blah: noone is immune!:devil:

theTman
07-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
....lmao everyone remembers the apple....good times...

did someone say apple?

AtvMxRider
07-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by theTman
did someone say apple?

07-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
yea atvmx already posted that on THIS THREAD tman

chad502ex
07-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i think they had it planned to roll out the new forum this summer/early fall. i geuss the schedule will be moved up now. i know jacksquat about computers, all i know is i had a wake up call from one highly pissed off admin:chinese:

huh, what new forum?:confused:

you need to start banning- i have a list of few i could feed ya to start the process,... just play'n but i do have a list of bad apples...

theTman
07-15-2005, 08:30 PM
yea atvmx already posted that on THIS THREAD tman

oh he posted the apple? just went through all 3 pages and NO he didnt

lmao jerry....i will stfu now...

07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by theTman
oh he posted the apple? just went through all 3 pages and NO he didnt

lmao jerry....i will stfu now... whoops got this thread and another one confused, ill stfu aswell :o

86350x
07-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Sorry to hear. Michigandirtslingers.com Has been hacked 5 times or more. And its all been from overseas I believe.

Atkins
07-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
huh, what new forum?:confused:

you need to start banning- i have a list of few i could feed ya to start the process,... just play'n but i do have a list of bad apples... I think hes talking about the updates to the forum. This really sucks...do you have some kind of insurance against hackers with your hosting server?

Pappy
07-16-2005, 02:58 PM
im pretty sure harlen and the server company filed a waiver to see if they could get a break on the expense.

it does suck, hackers are scum. the bad part is that the person probably had no clue what atvriders is, it was merely a computer thing. id like to roll up on his house and give him a virus..old school virus that is:mad:

Atkins
07-16-2005, 09:06 PM
You have oldschool viruses, Pappy? Like AIDS?:eek2: Hahaha, j/k.:p

WKY400EX
07-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Hackers are gay.

Hondadudeehhhh
07-16-2005, 11:11 PM
its funny because by hacking thats the only way they can feel powerful. Cause most hackers are jus tlittle internet weenies who would probably cry if they saw a couple atvriders memeber roll up with some baseball bats

Waynno
07-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Just a suggestion on who may be causing problems like
hacking web sites featuring ATV recreation. I have seen many
outdoor recreation related sites get attacked by left wing enviro nuts like Sierra Clubbers.
These enviro nuts want to save the world from the evils of ATVs & OHV related activities.

Examples of the mentality of these folks include sabotaging trails in the
desert, disregarding the safety of you & me who ride out there. Another form
of sabotage is attacking web sites & infecting members with viruses.

A couple of years ago, I volunteered to attend a few meetings related to closures
in the Southern California area. Discussins at these meetings included helping out
our racing interests & Managing the SoCal areas we ride in.

Not soon after, I started getting barraged with Email viruses from everywhere, a lot
of them were from people I knew from talked on message boards like this one. So happens, the virus
would somehow read all members & bounce virus emails around between members.
They finally stoped, but for a while, it was pretty annoying not being sure what to open.

Im not discounting trying to blame a booted member, but a small sugestion to look at other
options.
Wayne Nosala

http://nosala.com/awPlug.htm

Bush0102
07-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Waynno
Just a suggestion on who may be causing problems like
hacking web sites featuring ATV recreation. I have seen many
outdoor recreation related sites get attacked by left wing enviro nuts like Sierra Clubbers.
These enviro nuts want to save the world from the evils of ATVs & OHV related activities.

Examples of the mentality of these folks include sabotaging trails in the
desert, disregarding the safety of you & me who ride out there. Another form
of sabotage is attacking web sites & infecting members with viruses.

A couple of years ago, I volunteered to attend a few meetings related to closures
in the Southern California area. Discussins at these meetings included helping out
our racing interests & Managing the SoCal areas we ride in.

Not soon after, I started getting barraged with Email viruses from everywhere, a lot
of them were from people I knew from talked on message boards like this one. So happens, the virus
would somehow read all members & bounce virus emails around between members.
They finally stoped, but for a while, it was pretty annoying not being sure what to open.

Im not discounting trying to blame a booted member, but a small sugestion to look at other
options.
Wayne Nosala

http://nosala.com/awPlug.htm

never thought about that, but that definately sounds like something one of those groups would do.

Reminds me of a sticker i saw on a huge truck a few weeks ago. this thing had dual smokestacks and obviously had injectors or a nice chip in that motor because it was pouring out black smoke...and across the entire back window there was a sticker that said The Sierra Club can Take a Hike to Hell!

Kennethyfz450
07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
who are the past members that you have banned or suspended?

have you talked to anyone on the track that left a sour taste in your mouth ?

ask your moderators if they peed anyone off...

most of the time hackers are trying to get back at something or somebody..

sorry if someone already said all of these things, but its something i would look into immediatly.. also go to hacker forums some people dont know how to hack and they go to websites like hackers.com for example and they get someone else to..

but if they did that you got really lucky bringing the site up in a few hours..

i hope you catch the idiot...

and sorry again if this has already been said...

Atkins
07-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I did a quick google with stuff like "hack", "hacking", and "exriders", "atvriders", and stuff like that. Nothing came up, so he probably didnt post anything about it on a popular hacking forum, but google doesnt pick up everything.

popo
07-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Makes you wonder if Monkeyboy read hackers for dummies and broke thru the firewall playing astroids on his Atari.

Hopefully Harlan and company will find the scumbag who did this.

Ruby Soho
07-18-2005, 07:18 AM
someone like this?

www.pwned.nl

thrasher_ex
07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
OMFG! ROTGDFL!!!!! HOLLY CRAP that was the funniest thing ive seen in a long time....the sad part is that its true in so many cases lol........

"I KNOW YOUR ****ING HACKING YOU FIGGIT!!!"

huffdaddy_400EX
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
harlen, check your PM

AtvMxRider
07-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
who are the past members that you have banned or suspended?

None of them were that smart:ermm:

hondardr4life
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Somethings up with it right now because all the titles and everything except what people type is all blurry on my computer.

vinson581
07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
im going to see if tomorrow after work i can try and come up with any answers.....is there a way to check the IP address from who its coming from- when the site is slowing down?, then you can comtact the ISP and bang you got the hacker.

people PM harlen the date and time when you were running slow on the site, and i bet he can check the logged ip address, and compare them to members on vs. non members, and narrow it down..

kyle

let me know how you make out

07-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Somethings up with it right now because all the titles and everything except what people type is all blurry on my computer. your monitor is garbage