PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

400exrules
07-14-2005, 10:52 PM
I went riding yesterday and after a few hours of riding, i kept hearin a clankin noise on the right side and i couldnt locate it, and i checked everything out, and nothin seemed loose, and my quad was runnin good.

So today i washed it, and got all the mud and everything off of it and i noticed that the little bar thingy that holds the heelgaurds onto the frame was loose. I took my heelgaurds off like a month ago, but i didnt know wut the purpose of the little bar was so i left it on. But anyways, the bottom bolt must have vibrated out of the heelgaurd bar thingy on the right side of my quad cuz its gone, so i just took the bar off, but i left the bar on the left side on. Im not sure if this is maybe a subframe support, or if it is unimportant, maybe someone can tell me.

Its hard to explain but its number 4 and 5 in the picture below

But it was a fun day. My friend on a xr200 ran into my other friend on a yz125 and they both fell in a mud pit. Neither bike would start. So i had to ride my 400 all the way back to the truck to get a new spark plug for the yz, we put it in, and it started right up, then we had to try about 5 times to push start the xr, till finally it started, so we road back to where the truck was to get some water, and thats when i heard the noise

And we rode in alot of mud and some sand, so what do i need to do or watch for after riding in mud? I cleaned everything best i could and lubed the chain. Im gonna clean the filter tomorrow prob and change the oil soon. What else would i need to do after ridin in mud?

ehhh, sorry i typed so much, just bored....

TheFontMaster
07-14-2005, 11:20 PM
I think those just hold the plastic heel guards in place. You said you thought they were a suport for the subframe, those are too small to have any structual support. Just take them off. It's obvious they aren't doing anything.

400exrules
07-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I think those just hold the plastic heel guards in place. You said you thought they were a suport for the subframe, those are too small to have any structual support. Just take them off. It's obvious they aren't doing anything.

k, i wasnt really sure, cuz i couldnt see how they helped the heelguards in any way so i thought they had another purpose