PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem again NOW WHAT??

ranger400ex1994
07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
well i just got my quad back from the shop with a new head gasket on it. i rode and then i stalled it out. it would not start for a few mins then i fired right up. today i went to start it and it would not start at all. i checked the spark and no spark. i had this problem about 2 weeks ago. i took the coil off and had it tested and it worked great so i took off my gunner tether swith and it fired right up. but now i have no tether switch on it and it wont start. i checked spark and there was none BUT when i play with the kill switch moving it back and forth fast it will spark alittle. so i pulled the electrical thing apart on the handle bars and cut the kill switch wires and tryed to by pass them and still no go. what should i do?

07-14-2005, 10:58 PM
get rid of the kill switch and put it back the way it was, then start over again with a differnt tether once you get it runnin

bwamos
07-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex1994
i checked spark and there was none BUT when i play with the kill switch moving it back and forth fast it will spark alittle. so i pulled the electrical thing apart on the handle bars and cut the kill switch wires and tryed to by pass them and still no go. what should i do?

Note: at least on the 300ex, you dont want to connect those wires back together. The switch grounds your coils power wire. You just want to leave them disconnected.

I disconnected mine and hooked my ignition wires from the old key switch to it for an on/off switch. ;)

Since they did engine work.. make sure you're getting a good ground at your battery and the frame. Wouldn't think they'd disconnect any electrical for a head gasket, but you never know.

Kill switch wires disconnected, makes it run. Connected, grounds out the coil & makes it not run.