PDA

View Full Version : electrical problem again NOW WHAT??

ranger400ex1994
07-14-2005, 10:47 PM
well i just got my quad back from the shop with a new head gasket on it. i rode and then i stalled it out. it would not start for a few mins then i fired right up. today i went to start it and it would not start at all. i checked the spark and no spark. i had this problem about 2 weeks ago. i took the coil off and had it tested and it worked great so i took off my gunner tether swith and it fired right up. but now i have no tether switch on it and it wont start. i checked spark and there was none BUT when i play with the kill switch moving it back and forth fast it will spark alittle. so i pulled the electrical thing apart on the handle bars and cut the kill switch wires and tryed to by pass them and still no go. what should i do?

B-rad D
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
take it back to the shop

ranger400ex1994
07-15-2005, 01:48 PM
well thanks for the expert advice B-rad D.

chucked
07-15-2005, 05:15 PM
. i checked spark and there was none BUT when i play with the kill switch moving it back and forth fast it will spark alittle.

you answered your own question, there enlies your problem, look for bad wires; wires grounding out, wore, rusty. How does your kill switch work? Open to shut off or closed to shut off?

quad2xtreme
07-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Did you disconnect the clutch switch wires? If so, they must be connected together. Then, it will turnover any time you press the start button whether it is in gear or not and whether the clutch is pulled in or not.

How did you have your tether wired in? Did you just splice into your kill switch wires or did you run one back to the coil?

/Jon

ranger400ex1994
07-17-2005, 02:25 PM
it was a gunner tether switch and its open to run and close to shut off