PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Install.....

JhallettEX
05-31-2002, 01:00 PM
OK so I went ahead and put oil in and started it up, It seems to be doing allright other than a few minor issues, here they are, let me know if it is sometinh I should worry about or not.

1) When it is ideling and in gear with the clutch pulled it was to lerch forward slightly, I am hopeing that this is just b/c it is new and needs to be broke in, am I correct?

2) When it is started up and I am in gear I cannot shift into nuetral at all, now when it is shut off I can just fine, another I hopeing it is new and needs broke in?

3) When I do shift gears just sittin there not moving it is very hard, I have to force it and then it wants to leap forward even tho the clutch in pulled in, whats this?

Other than these minor things I think that I have it pretty good, Let me know if you have anu further info for me, Thanks guys.

TRX_Thumper
05-31-2002, 04:54 PM
Adust clutch lever freeplay to 1/4 inch. If that dont fix it you mistightened the springs er something.

RED121572
05-31-2002, 08:08 PM
LOL

Mine did and does the samething.

Mine will not shift into neutral while running, until the machine is fully warmed up.

Mine is also hard to shift until it warms up. Ive read about this before from others that have installed the same clutch.

My clutch prob has about 200 miles on it and it still acts like it did when I first installed it.