PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Eastern Ohio Cambridge to Saintclairsville area?

K-Dub
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I live about 20 min south of I70 in Jerusalem. We have a few places to ride but only one of them has much size. So I was wondering if anybody is from my area with places to ride.

jcappello1217
08-05-2005, 07:49 PM
i dont know how far it is but there is a place called walhonding...have you heard of it?

it is a great place to go it has hillclimbs, trails,campsites,AND LONG DIRT ROADS.

K-Dub
08-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Never heard of it. What town is it close to? How big a place is it?

We have 3 places to ride close to where I live, but trying to ride 3 days a week or more since Feb there starting to get old. The best is a place called Doe dy, it has about 35 miles of trails, closed twp roads, and logging roads. Its in Malaga, I been riding there for 18 years. The 2nd place is called possum creek, there you just ride up an old hollow for about 12 miles and come back. Its near Clarington. The other spot is actually 3 places together (any 1 of them by there selves suck on a atv) 1st of the 3 is Anderson runs up the hollow from Armstrong Mills to Centerville. 2nd is called Millers it runs from Centerville down another hollow to a twp road that takes you to the start of the 3rd spot. Its called 7 creeks, it runs back to Armstrong Mills ( it is just full of mud holes for 4x4 trucks, not much fun on a 450R) it ends up being around a 35 mile round trip.

The place I miss is Egypt valley. That place was huge. It had all been striped since the 60s to present. It ran from Barnesville to Cadiz. Then the coal company sold the land to different farmers and they all put up fences for cattle.

K-Dub
08-05-2005, 08:58 PM
I did a google search and found 2 Walhonding, Ohio. 1 near Cambridge and the other near Coshoctin.