PDA

View Full Version : gas tank, ect.

Scott-300ex
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
first off you proly know i've been lookin real hard for a 250r, especially since i made like 3 threads about it

but i found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got my hands on a 250r and it has been sitting for a while

are the gas tanks metal or plastic

cuz metal could rust and be harder to clean out and would be more dirty

and i could get a new tank easy proly, from you guys:D

so its sat for a while and it used to sit for a while and then they got it out and raced it again and it ran great

so i've been workin my arse off lookin for one and i found a guy i know that is sellin his, so im definetly ganna buy it, im excited as hell, i used to watch him race flatrack with it too

he runs race gas in it so the tank and stuff will be cleaner cuz that don't varnish or build up like regular gas, so im ganna drain the gas, put new fuel lines in it, and rebuild the carb, and check on the tank

any other thoughts

maybe a topend rebuild, lol, it should be good for a while though

he used to race it and him and my friend that used to race with him said it pulls and hauls, the last time the owner rode it he had to get off cuz he got scared. lol, im prolly ganna tune it down, mill or get a new head, thicker gaskets my friend said to lower compression and run cheaper gas, and see what else i could do.

i can get it like it is now with a 3 inch shorter swinger and flatrack tires, sway bar, sucked to the ground, or i could put it back to more stock and save some money im sure

i'll proly get it more stock

so i can't wait and i'll tell you guys when i get it and i'll post some pics:D

later

TheFontMaster
07-14-2005, 08:16 PM
I say get it with the tt parts on it. Depending on the condition the swingarm, sway bars, and tires could bring in some good money. Then get some new tires, swingarm, and make the changes to get the motor to run on pump gas. O and the tanks are made of plastic.

Scott-300ex
07-14-2005, 08:39 PM
thanks man

so the tank should be clean with race gas and plastic tank

so i'll drain tank, clean if i have to, put new lines in, and clean carb

more comments wanted if you feel like sayin somethin

lol

later