PDA

View Full Version : 2004 MX 450r PA

tamehart
07-14-2005, 04:36 PM
2004 Honda TRX450r

This is one of the fastest production quads ever built. I have ridden every Honda sport quad and the 450r by far takes the cake. This quad has had two owners. The first owner kept very good care of the quad, as well have I. The oil has been changed every 4-5 hours of riding. The break in procedure was done right; the quad has never been beaten. I have raced this quad one time in a local hare scramble. New this quad cost $6500. Since new it has been ridden for about 45 hours. Mostly trails and always ridden by an experienced rider. Recently I have added some modifications with intention of racing motocross with it. The mods include:

-2004 New frame fully gusseted by Burgard Cycle ($600)
- +2 Translucent Red Burgard Extended A-arms ($450)
- X-33 NEW (not yet installed) Axle ($575)
- Burgard +1 Steering Stem ($180)
- Renthal Chain ($60)
- Baldwin Brake Block off ($15)
- SS Rear Brake Line ($50)
- Quad Tech Seat Cover ($40)
- HRC End Cap (Jetted) ($40)
- Baja Type front offset wheel with MXR ($220)
- Burgard 8” rear bead locks with Turf tamers ($300)
- Pro Taper Handle Bars ($80)

New Honda parts
- Foot pegs
- Heel Guards
- Air Filter
- Bumper
- Sub Frame

The quad was not intended for sale, so the parts were not bought new to cover up anything like some would do. The only flaw with the bike is that the exhaust bolt was tightened too much and slightly split the hole open. The spot was quickly repaired with weld and has not caused a single problem since. One tire will need repaired as it has developed a hole while my brother was using them on his quad. The plastic that is on was spare plastic from another race quad. They have more use on them than is on the quad. You can replace the plastic with stock Honda for approx. $225.

The quad will come with rear wheels and tires as stated; the X-33 Axle (the best axle on the market) will be in stalled. The flexx handle bars will not come with, but will be replaced by pro taper (gold) handle bars.

tamehart
07-14-2005, 04:37 PM
will be listed on ebay this weekend. I will give it a couple times and then think about parting it out.

tamehart
07-14-2005, 04:38 PM
1 more

tamehart
07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
neighborhood of $5150 obo

roostin_dale
07-15-2005, 07:58 PM
bump..

Im just saving the page. My dad might be lookin for one, i'll show this to him.

DeerNuts
07-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Id buy it just for the exriders.com sticker! lol If only I didnt have college, i might consider.

can you say SUSPENSION?! How is it like running those arms with the stockers?

raptorman2001
07-16-2005, 03:24 PM
hey man would you be intersted in trading this beast for my 1997 30th annerversiry edition z28 camaro that has lots of extras this car is very nice and has very low miles on it some of the more important extras are the g2 suspesion,full flowmaster exaust,full race body kit,and of course can for get the K&N air filter let me know!

tamehart
07-17-2005, 07:39 AM
450r is on ebay. I am not looking for any trades, plus I am a mustang man....haha

The stock shocks work really well for me. I have used them on +3 arms as well