PDA

View Full Version : Krylon on beat up plastics?

Jake250ex
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I have a red/black 2000 300ex with beat up plastics and they are def. in need of a recharge... I know krylon fusion is magic in a can on plastics but mine are scratched. I took em all off, cleaned em with a brillo pad, let em dry, primered them with krylon rallte can primer, then sprayed the red fusion and it looks like chit. Its all dark and spotted, and the scratches magnify it. I dont know if I wanna use bondo (auto body filler) casue it cracks when the plastic flexes. What should I do?

YZ400EX
07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
what you need to do is take all the paint and primer off that you just applied..then you need to take some fine grit sand paper and and sand all the scratches till everything comes out smooth. Then you need to repaint them w/out applying the primer because the primer isnt the fusion and not for plastic and will chip and crack easily whenever the fenders flex. No matter what you do though the paint will never look as good as you would think it should and does chip fairly easily anyways..

07-15-2005, 08:03 PM
I did it on my blaster. bought it for 200 put a carb top on it. painted the plastic. sold for 450/

Ridin' Jesse
07-15-2005, 08:43 PM
to get the scrathes out get a buffing wheela nd buffing solution and have fun lol

07-15-2005, 10:39 PM
id get all that paint crap off and either buy new fenders or sand out all the scratches with like 120 grit then go to 180 and higher and higher untill you get to steel whool, then use a heat gun to melt the top layer of plastic and itll look brand new, or you could just put alot of wd40 on it

trx450jason
07-16-2005, 03:59 PM
i just used it on my headlights and it seems like it worked pretty good..i didn't do anything besides clean the leans before spraying it on