PDA

View Full Version : Free Mods?

Swags04
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Hi all, just picked up my 00 400ex, Im not looking for any serious gains, but im wondering if there are any 'cheaper' tips/tricks to grab a couple more throttle response/horsepower out of my quad?
thanks

btw: I already have put on the TC slip on and K&N, having 2nd thoughts on the pipe though, its TO LOUD!!!!!;)

duke416ex
07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Remove the air box lid, beyond that it will probably cost you a little for the mods, there are several you can do fairly cheap though.

Swags04
07-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Care to explain anymore?
I heard just to drill holes in the airbox?

I dont mind spending money, but im not gonna go out any buy head pipes or anything any time soon..

Going really fast is left up to my 600rr :D

Iliketogofast
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Drill holes in the airbox, Get a UNI filter, change the pilot to a 142 I believe, main up one too, take the choke out. That's like 35 bucks, and it will give you a good gain.

RiderTRX400ex
07-14-2005, 04:17 PM
he means change pilot to 42, 38 is stock :devil:

Iliketogofast
07-14-2005, 04:17 PM
You really need just a slip on pipe...PC T-4 is the best for the money. It will give you like 3 or 4 horses, for me it was the difference between losing to an FST 360EX and beating it.

Iliketogofast
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah 42 there ya go. Is that about right for taking the choke out?

07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
You really need just a slip on pipe...PC T-4 is the best for the money. It will give you like 3 or 4 horses, for me it was the difference between losing to an FST 360EX and beating it. he already has a tc:rolleyes:

07-14-2005, 06:13 PM
shave the fenders and take off all the unneeded parts like tale light and head lights if you dont night ride, get a pb block off a new perch and im not sure if theyhave it on a 400 but on 300exs there is alot of black plastic under the front fenders that you dont need

SheeRider
07-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by yzfmxer
shave the fenders and take off all the unneeded parts like tale light and head lights if you dont night ride, get a pb block off a new perch and im not sure if theyhave it on a 400 but on 300exs there is alot of black plastic under the front fenders that you dont need
yzfmxer, here is what he said
Im not looking for any serious gains, but im wondering if there are any 'cheaper' tips/tricks to grab a couple more throttle response/horsepower out of my quad?
Now how is shaving your fenders and ditching your lights going to give him more horsepower? It might make it 5lbs lighter and maybe 1mph faster, but why would you hack up your quad for that? BTW, try to use some end marks to make it alittle easier to read.

If I was you I would invest in a good header pipe, and just take the lid off dont drill holes it it (so you can put it back on when you wash it).

0VER LAND 450R
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
how did you get a tc. just take the lid of and get like a K&N with an outterwear. your gonna have to rejet for that. dont no what to but some on will tell you

07-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 0VER LAND 450R
how did you get a tc. just take the lid of and get like a K&N with an outterwear. your gonna have to rejet for that. dont no what to but some on will tell you my guess is he marched on over to TC racing and stole one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
07-14-2005, 08:07 PM
do not get holes in your airbox unless you race or dont go trail riding, take your airlid off like everyone else has said,

07-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SheeRider
yzfmxer, here is what he said
Now how is shaving your fenders and ditching your lights going to give him more horsepower? It might make it 5lbs lighter and maybe 1mph faster, but why would you hack up your quad for that? BTW, try to use some end marks to make it alittle easier to read.

If I was you I would invest in a good header pipe, and just take the lid off dont drill holes it it (so you can put it back on when you wash it). this kid is crusin' for an owning:macho

07-14-2005, 09:53 PM
wtf, dumb b!tch he asked for free mods, not a $300 header.

duke416ex
07-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Swags04
Care to explain anymore?
I heard just to drill holes in the airbox?

I dont mind spending money, but im not gonna go out any buy head pipes or anything any time soon..

Going really fast is left up to my 600rr :D

I prefer to take the airbox lid off completely instead of drilling holes that way you can put it back on whenever you want. If you do just drill holes I would get some of the foam filters that just push into the holes, most dealerships have them or can get them easy and they aren't very high at all.

I would say that your bike has already been rejetted with the filter and exhaust, but if it hasn't, it needs it bad. That will give you a very noticable gain if it is still at stock jetting. I would say you would need to be close to a 158 or so main jet. As far as the rr, I would rather be dragging the knee then topin out on the gsxr;)

07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I prefer to take the airbox lid off completely instead of drilling holes that way you can put it back on whenever you want. If you do just drill holes I would get some of the foam filters that just push into the holes, most dealerships have them or can get them easy and they aren't very high at all.

I would say that your bike has already been rejetted with the filter and exhaust, but if it hasn't, it needs it bad. That will give you a very noticable gain if it is still at stock jetting. I would say you would need to be close to a 158 or so main jet. As far as the rr, I would rather be dragging the knee then topin out on the gsxr;) i know this may be a little to much $$ but those power now! things really work. my next door neighbor just got them for his 450, and they really do help

07-15-2005, 09:39 AM
you can make your own for cheaper, i had those on my dirt bike once and didnt notice it at all

http://www.thumperfaq.com/downloads/JamesNOW!.pdf

or this is a trick one with 2 or 3 blades

http://mysite.verizon.net/avinh/motorcycles/wr250f/avNow.html

and for even more power you can do this to them

http://thumperfaq.com/drill_powernow.htm

07-15-2005, 09:43 AM
sorry the first link doenst seem to work so go here and click on the link that says james now mod

http://www.thumperfaq.com/jamesnow.htm

SheeRider
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
wtf, dumb b!tch he asked for free mods, not a $300 header. Oh, did you get mad because you cant spell, or make a sentence? Grow up dude, go back to bluetraxx, or take your lights off your 300ex to gain more horsepowerhttp://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yankyank.gif.
Yes, the title says, "free mods", but he also said
I dont mind spending money :eek2: . Im a noobie? You joined in june 2005. I joined in may 2004 :o.

Swags04, sorry for jacking your tread. You can pick up a header for around $200 (not a $300), also I would just ditch the lid.

07-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh, did you get mad because you cant spell, or make a sentence? Grow up dude, go back to bluetraxx, or take your lights off your 300ex to gain more horsepowerhttp://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yankyank.gif.
Yes, the title says, "free mods", but he also said :eek2: . Im a noobie? You joined in june 2005. I joined in may 2004 :o.

Swags04, sorry for jacking your tread. You can pick up a header for around $200 (not a $300), also I would just ditch the lid.

so the fnck what if you joinned last year, you still only got like 60 post, i gave him a free mods you werent creative enuff to even think of ne thing but a $200 header, if he was going to spend $200 hed be better off with some used suspension, btw the header on a 400ex is alredy oversized most people just change it for looks and to get rid of the heatsheild

07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh, did you get mad because you cant spell, or make a sentence? Grow up dude, go back to bluetraxx, or take your lights off your 300ex to gain more horsepowerhttp://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yankyank.gif.
Yes, the title says, "free mods", but he also said :eek2: . Im a noobie? You joined in june 2005. I joined in may 2004 :o.

Swags04, sorry for jacking your tread. You can pick up a header for around $200 (not a $300), also I would just ditch the lid. i think he just wanted to repost the stfu picture that atvmxrider did a couple hours before in a different thread

standardryder
07-15-2005, 06:55 PM
i got a white bros header for my 300 at rmatv for $110. dont think they sell it for the 400 though. a cheap way to switch your power curve is change your gearing. and front sprocket it only like 7 or 8 bux, you could go up a tooth to get more top end or go down a tooth for more torque.:macho

SheeRider
07-16-2005, 11:19 AM
so the fnck what if you joinned last year, you still only got like 60 post, i gave him a free mods you werent creative enuff to even think of ne thing but a $200 header, if he was going to spend $200 hed be better off with some used suspension, btw the header on a 400ex is alredy oversized most people just change it for looks and to get rid of the heatsheild so, mabye I raed thees forms evryday lokin for retard lik yuo who mak ignorent post....who cares if I have 60 posts and you have 550 within the first month of joining. All that means is your a postwhore:eek2: , its not a race to see who can make the most posts. Back to my first point he wanting more horsepower and DOESNT mind spending some cash.

also, you might advance the timing and get a rev box (around $140 for both)

yzfmxer, heres a picture that fits you...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/yambanshee2004/supertrooper.jpg

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yelrotflmao.gif

07-16-2005, 12:03 PM
im too stupid, you told him to advance the timing and get a new rev box holy $h!t a rev box advances the timing by it self if you do both of those mods your bike prob. wouldnt even run, plus a rev box wouldnt do any good untill he had some porting and smaller tires

SheeRider
07-16-2005, 02:16 PM
im too stupid, you told him to advance the timing and get a new rev box holy $h!t a rev box advances the timing by it self if you do both of those mods your bike prob. wouldnt even run, plus a rev box wouldnt do any good untill he had some porting and smaller tires no it doesnt, a revbox lets the bike rev to another 1,000 rpm...that has nothing do do with the timing. Why would they make the revbox and degree key if your bike wont run with them on? I just raced a 400ex last night with those mods on and it seemed to be powered by the engine, not flintstone style:p . Dude how old are you? smaller tires ......http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ...your killing me.

07-16-2005, 02:22 PM
wtf?!??!, what are you talkin about at first you said an advanced timing key now your saying a degree, yeah the box lets it rev another 1000 rpm or so thats the reason you would need it after smaller tires is because you always in the higher revs and hittin the limiter after that, but it also advances the timing

07-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SheeRider
[B]so, mabye I raed thees forms evryday lokin for retard lik yuo who mak ignorent post

and you say that i can't spell :rolleyes:

400exrider707
07-16-2005, 03:20 PM
no it doesnt, a revbox lets the bike rev to another 1,000 rpm...that has nothing do do with the timing. Why would they make the revbox and degree key if your bike wont run with them on? I just raced a 400ex last night with those mods on and it seemed to be powered by the engine, not flintstone style:p . Dude how old are you? smaller tires ......http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ...your killing me.

Some companies rev boxes actually advance the timing just FYI. Its not a good idea to run that style rev box AND a degree key, because the timing would be way to advanced and it will run extremely hot.

SheeRider
07-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Some companies rev boxes actually advance the timing just FYI. Its not a good idea to run that style rev box AND a degree key, because the timing would be way to advanced and it will run extremely hot. Never have seen one of those kind, but the one my friend has just changes the rev limit. I see what your saying, to much advance is not good, but if you run race gas it shouldent hurt it.

SheeRider
07-16-2005, 03:36 PM
wtf?!??!, what are you talkin about at first you said an advanced timing key now your saying a degree, yeah the box lets it rev another 1000 rpm or so thats the reason you would need it after smaller tires is because you always in the higher revs and hittin the limiter after that, but it also advances the timing A degree key, and adjustable timing plate do the same thing. I see what your talking about with the smaller tires, but it will help a stock bike from what ive seen.

and you say that i can't spell I was making fun of you :eek:

07-16-2005, 03:57 PM
A degree key, and adjustable timing plate do the same thing. I see what your talking about with the smaller tires, but it will help a stock bike from what ive seen.

I was making fun of you :eek: just

07-16-2005, 06:47 PM
man that pic is so old and worn out, it still scary though lol

07-16-2005, 06:59 PM
white bros rev box advances timing CURVE. dont know what that meens but that is what is says.