PDA

View Full Version : new supercross movie

watts16
07-14-2005, 02:19 PM
any one see previews for Supercross the movie

Snow
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
looks pretty cool, i just wish someone would do the same style movie with quads :( :grr:

hardkoratvmxr
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
i saw it and the previews look really cool i am gonna go see it

250xridamatt
07-14-2005, 03:59 PM
When is it coming out? Like august or something? I saw previews for it every time I watched a supercross race on espn.

07-15-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
When is it coming out? Like august or something? I saw previews for it every time I watched a supercross race on espn. they said late august during the preveiws during SX.... hopefully ittl be soon.

Hondadudeehhhh
07-15-2005, 06:05 PM
the previews made it look kind of corny.

07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
the previews made it look kind of corny. yea, it doesnt look like its a particuarly good film, but the actual racing and dirtbikes would draw me in to see it

watts16
07-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
yea, it doesnt look like its a particuarly good film, but the actual racing and dirtbikes would draw me in to see it

ya same here

07-15-2005, 08:07 PM
august 19th-just saw a preview

07-15-2005, 08:40 PM
For those who havent seen the preview

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/supercross/

CannondaleRider
07-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I'll probably go see it, but i'm not to sure about how good it will be.

The story will probably be good, but the way it portrays the racing scene will be bad. Just from the previews, I saw fighting and such, and thats no good, because there isn't true "fighting" in supercross.

I also think it will be a little bad for the bikes in a way. Kind of like after Torque or Biker Boys came out, streetbikes went a little more mainstream, and I saw a lot of street riders with no helmets.....maybe the same with this movie....stupid people buying the biggest bike they can, wearing no helmets, crashing, and possibly dieing........bad deal for bikes.

Theres good points and bad.

Punk'd
07-15-2005, 11:34 PM
The previews in theaters for comeing movies looks cool. Im deff going to see it

07-15-2005, 11:44 PM
id go see it because of all the hotties in that movie:blah:

450Racer
07-16-2005, 12:16 AM
finally after years of harrasment from Motocrossed :rolleyes: we have a real racing movie. i can't wait to see this. there is some fighting in racing but that was exaggered pretty bad. i think it'll be an awesome time. motocross is never main streem, especially in cities. this is great that's it's coming to theatres. i'm tired of all of these sports movies and stuff. i've had it with sports. they take talent but racing takes just as much if not more and other things like bike, mechanic, balls, rider, conditioning, and all of that. i think it is going to be a big step for our sport to get into the "big picture" whether it be quads are bikes. quads will follow this. i think it'll be an awesome time to go to the movies with all your buddies and watch it. i can't wait.

jesshamner
07-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I think I'll wait until this comes out on DVD. It looks worse that The Fast and Furious and Biker Boyz. Its cool that they made that kind of movie and its cool that they used some real riders but it looks like the story is going to be ghey.

CannondaleRider
07-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 450Racer
i think it'll be an awesome time to go to the movies with all your buddies and watch it. i can't wait.

Yeah, it is always cool to go to motorsport oriented movies with your riding buddies, because you see people looking at you, because they know that you do the crazy things they just saw. Like when me and my brother-in-law went and saw Dust to Glory, wearing quad company clothing, non riding people coming out of the theatre in awe that what they saw actually happens, and you catch them friggen staring when they see you talking about something that you did like in the movie. Makes you feel good to be so into a sport that not many people are truly into.

rollie
07-16-2005, 07:12 AM
anyone see the cover? its a KTM dirt bike with honda stickers:p

07-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I'll probably go see it, but i'm not to sure about how good it will be.

The story will probably be good, but the way it portrays the racing scene will be bad. Just from the previews, I saw fighting and such, and thats no good, because there isn't true "fighting" in supercross.

I also think it will be a little bad for the bikes in a way. Kind of like after Torque or Biker Boys came out, streetbikes went a little more mainstream, and I saw a lot of street riders with no helmets.....maybe the same with this movie....stupid people buying the biggest bike they can, wearing no helmets, crashing, and possibly dieing........bad deal for bikes.

Theres good points and bad.

Why do people always blame movies for why things happen???? if i remember in torque and badboys there was NEVER anyone riding without a helmet, so its not that they got it from the movie.

jvd182
07-16-2005, 02:07 PM
No what really funny is its a ktm with crf (fourstroke) graphics and it is a 2stroke bike.... wel atleast a 2 stroke pipe

07-16-2005, 02:10 PM
i dont know why they couldnt cut out some of the fighting and sex and make it pg, i think that would draw alot of younger kids into dirtbikes and quads:ermm:

CannondaleRider
07-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Why do people always blame movies for why things happen???? if i remember in torque and badboys there was NEVER anyone riding without a helmet, so its not that they got it from the movie.

Did I say that it was directly caused by the movies.......no!

Just stupid people that try to be like the movie, and(being stupid people) are to stupid to realize they need to have a helmet on.

And actually, now that I think about it, remember in Biker Boys....the f*ckin DRUNK(yes drunk) guy that raced with no helmet, and stood on the seat at the end......yeah:huh

AtvMxRider
07-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
No what really funny is its a ktm with crf (fourstroke) graphics and it is a 2stroke bike.... wel atleast a 2 stroke pipe

How do you figure it is a ktm?:huh

07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
How do you figure it is a ktm?:huh its deffinatley a ktm, look at the picture on the link with the trailer

AtvMxRider
07-16-2005, 04:04 PM
its deffinatley a ktm, look at the picture on the link with the trailer

Like I said how do you figure it is a KTM?

MotoX3
07-16-2005, 04:07 PM
uhh yeah dude that doesnt look like a ktm...

07-16-2005, 04:33 PM
look at the front numberplate and side panels. its a ktm

AtvMxRider
07-16-2005, 04:48 PM
look at the front numberplate and side panels. its a ktm

The saide panels lool liek crf panels. It's hard to tell about the # plate. The front fender is honda. But it is a movie and it could be anything:ermm:

MotoX3
07-16-2005, 04:59 PM
yeah the panels look katoom...but the front rotor doesnt look like it...

07-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by MotoX3
yeah the panels look katoom...but the front rotor doesnt look like it... well whatever it is it inst right, the graphics say crf and its a 2 stroke. this might be worse then motocrossed:( :ermm:

400grl
07-17-2005, 01:36 PM
If it's as good as Motocrossed, I will be happy!!! I know it's a Disney movie, but I love that movie!! :)

I think it's going to me more like Torque, which was the worst movie I think I've ever seen!!!

Oh well - I will be there to see it, regardless - can't miss a MX movie!! :) ;)

MotoX3
07-17-2005, 02:02 PM
motocrossed..haha i forgot about that....some classic lines from that....right after they put a new top end in a bike that frenchie a hole is riding it around there house...the guy that hurt his leg says something to the affect of "if he doenst take it easier, hes going to blow the top end!"....the frenchies like not even shifting and holding it wide open in the air:p