PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it and would u do it

redlineranger
07-13-2005, 10:29 PM
ok my lil bro has this one friend who's older brother would sell me his warrior(or any1 really), im not sure what year model but it wus a special edition one, like yellow and black and charcoal colored, i think its a 97 or 98 model....... but the first time he told me he would sell it he said 1,400....... also the only way u can tell that warrior is that old is by lookin at the tires(they are bald but have lasted that long)...... its been takin care of good, and he hardly never rides it...... but im not sure if the price is still the same at one point he wus sayin he wanted 3 grand for it but i wouldnt touch it if he wanted that much, but also if u were tired of ridin a recon would u buy a warrior(i know alota people hate warriors)

sorry for such long post i got carried away

Quadude32
07-13-2005, 10:37 PM
No i wouldn't buy that get yourself a good Trx250R:D

Snow
07-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Quadude32

:macho

redlineranger
07-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Quadude32

i would get it but i dont like 2 strokes..... i mean i used to ride a banshee all the time but it always needed rebuilding.. i dont know if a 250r is the same way but im just not into 2 strokes....... but if i found a good one for a good price u can bet that i'd buy it

also the reason i wus considerin buy this warrior wus to prove to some of my friends that im not spoiled..... i work for everything i get... so if i bought this thing i would prove to them that i buy things on my own, not just ask my parents for one and keep on and on about it til i get it

450r51
07-14-2005, 10:20 AM
buy it then get the new raptor 350 plastics and but them on it.

redlineranger
07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
will that work.... or do u have to make ur own mounts for the new plastics

BLAZE1
07-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I say if you can get it for under 2 grand I say go for it. Warriors aren't the best but the are pretty reliable. You can keep it stock save ur money and buy a top of the line quad in a few years. Then you'll have an extra quad for the GF or any buddies that don't have one cause ridin by yourself sucks.

Hondadudeehhhh
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
sell your recon and with that 1400 you can get like a z400 or nice 400ex

redlineranger
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
ok heres my plan..... i get like 180 dollars total for cuttin this old mans grass and some other lady's grass put together...... so i figerd this..... if i can get a 1,000 before this year is over(ive got 400 now), then sell my recon for like 2 grand maybe(its clean and worth it), id have 3 grand and could buy a nice used z400 or 400ex like posted before..... i dont know i'll have to see if dads alright with me sellin my recon since he bought it

DH400EX
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Damn no one has a Z for sale under 3 grand here! But id save and get a 400ex or Z/kfx.

YFZ450Ridr
07-14-2005, 02:23 PM
ya no kidding. nice Zs with a few go for about 4 grand. exs are a little lower. i say go for the warrior. it is one of the most bullet proof motors built and it can be competive in trails and such but not so much on an mx track.

yoshimurakfx400
07-14-2005, 03:23 PM
you can find u a really nice 400ex for less than 3g

redlineranger
07-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
ya no kidding. nice Zs with a few go for about 4 grand. exs are a little lower. i say go for the warrior. it is one of the most bullet proof motors built and it can be competive in trails and such but not so much on an mx track.

yea thats why i thought about it in the first place becus i know there stout in the trails with a good rider, which i consider my self to be a pretty good rider(i ride all kinda 4 wheelers, i know what there all like).... but if i can sell my recon i'll have right at 3 grand then i can work a lil more and buy a nice 400ex

AtvMxRider
07-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
ok heres my plan..... i get like 180 dollars total for cuttin this old mans grass and some other lady's grass put together...... so i figerd this..... if i can get a 1,000 before this year is over(ive got 400 now), then sell my recon for like 2 grand maybe(its clean and worth it), id have 3 grand and could buy a nice used z400 or 400ex like posted before..... i dont know i'll have to see if dads alright with me sellin my recon since he bought it

Sounds like a good plan :)

redlineranger
07-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Sounds like a good plan :)

thanks it took some thinkin seein as im not the smartest:o .... but im just so tempted by that warrior right now cus im tired of ridin a utility there just so borin after a few years, but if i wait for a few thousand more dollars it will pay off...