PDA

View Full Version : 2002 raptor 660

Mattrf919
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I have a question. I just bought this 2002 raptor from someone. It was sitting for 2 years. I took it for a spin before I bought it and it was running fine. Then I took it for a spin back at my house: went through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Then I kicked it in and gave it some gas and put it in 4th. All of a sudden it started to boog out. So I took it home and let it set for a few minutes. I started it back up, it idled perfectly, and started perfectly, but once I gave it throttle it sounded like it was missing and wasn't getting enough power. I don't think it is the piston. So, I took it home and drained the bad gas out of it, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the carbs and jets and it is still acting up. If you have any idea what it could be would you please tell me.

cjkranz
07-13-2005, 06:21 PM
sounds like a jetting problem to me.....

07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by cjkranz
sounds like a jetting problem to me.....

just sounds like u need ur money back

jbible660
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
man my 02 is doin the same thing but i havent fixed it yet go to the HELP thread and see what all i have done to see if that is it and you might want to try some of those things but good luck and if you get it fixed it then tell me how but i think we both have
carb problems... dang 2 carbs thats the worst idea ever

BushManRebel
07-14-2005, 08:01 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170112 Go through those steps first and get back to us.

07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
when you cleaned the jets did you make sure there wasnt some stuff still in there next tome you take them off make sure you can see threw them, also make sure you float is in working order, did you change plugs yet, what did your old one look like

raptorrider686
07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
It might be your jetting. Did you ask the guy what was wrong with it? And about the bad gas....it is very bad for engine if you run on really old and bad gas.