PDA

View Full Version : Rolled the quad for the first time

dascro
07-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Well guys just reporting that I finally rolled a quad after about 10 years of riding. Unfortunaly it had to be my 1 year old 300ex. I was climbing a hll that the locals call suicide hill. Its so dangerous because not only is it steep but its a single track thru trees with deep ruts in it. I was climbing it and started losing speed then fell into a rut and stopped. then it started to go backwards fast and I knew i either had to bail out or I'd hit full speed into a tree. Fortunaly I am alright and the only damage to the quad is the handlebars are slightly bent. Also now that I got that first wreck under my belt maybe I won't be so worried about it now. Anyone have any ideas how to straighten bent handlebars?

400exrider36
07-13-2005, 01:50 PM
its a good thing your ok, sounds like a crazy hill:devil: what i do for the handlebars is find a pipe just slightly bigger than your bars, a few feet long. slide it onto the grip for more leverage and work at it like that, BUT, you have to be careful not to rip your grips if u do this. i suppose if u take of all the controls one side you can slip the pipe on further so it would be less likely to happen..

dascro
07-13-2005, 02:05 PM
that pipe idea is pretty good. Ill have to give it a try.

07-13-2005, 03:46 PM
When u fix ur bars go back out there n climb that hill!

HondaEXrider22
07-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey where are you located, i know suicide.

dascro
07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm located near johnstown. I'm not sure if this is what you know as this is kinda just a local trail not really well known or anything to people that live outside the area. But if you know it you should definatly give it a try.

HondaEXkid08
07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
it was behind my friend jons house....i was going up this hill and i hit a rut and it turned me sideways and i rolled on my side like 1 and i was pinned to a jager bush... its didng feel to good for like 2 days

AnthonyWhite
07-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Depending on how bent they are I wold consider replacing them. If you use the pipe idea for a minor tweak dont apply heat. That will only weak'n the metal even further.

dascro
07-14-2005, 06:57 AM
They are bent very slighty. If you aren't looking very closely, you can't even tell they are bent. So even if the pipe idea doesn't work, I can still use them as they are.

Punk'd
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
When me or one of my friends bars are bent we tie the bike down to the trailer and then get 2 guys and pull whatever direction it needs to be pulled.

Scro
07-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by dascro
Well guys just reporting that I finally rolled a quad after about 10 years of riding. Unfortunaly it had to be my 1 year old 300ex. I was climbing a hll that the locals call suicide hill. Its so dangerous because not only is it steep but its a single track thru trees with deep ruts in it. I was climbing it and started losing speed then fell into a rut and stopped. then it started to go backwards fast and I knew i either had to bail out or I'd hit full speed into a tree. Fortunaly I am alright and the only damage to the quad is the handlebars are slightly bent. Also now that I got that first wreck under my belt maybe I won't be so worried about it now. Anyone have any ideas how to straighten bent handlebars?

man...ten years and no wrecks, thats a pretty good record!!!

fast_enough
08-03-2005, 09:34 PM
YEA 10 YEARS NO ROLLOVERS, THAT MEANS YOUR A GREAT RIDER OR A CRUDDY ONE, I TAKE IT YOUR A GREAT RIDER, FOR REAL GET BACK OUT THERE AND TAKE THAT HILL DOWN

enduro400rider
08-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
When u fix ur bars go back out there n climb that hill!

acually thats a good idea. i have know a couple of people who have been awsome daring riders and would ride any hill/ jump or what ever. and they wreck once and they eather quit or ride like a *****. i know when i wreck on a certain hill or jump as long as my bike isnt screwed up and i can stand up ill do it again right away before you get that mental block and you think theres no way you can make it and youll wreak again. thats also how i learned how to ride if i would fall i would have to get back on and ride again. so i wouldnt become afraid of the bike