PDA

View Full Version : Daytona beach riding?

redhondi400
07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Can anyone tell me if you can ride on Daytona Beach. I am going a trip to florida and I would like to know. Thanks

07-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah i went once n rented a quad

smr
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
You can only ride the ones you rent there. Unless you have one that is street legal.

redhondi400
07-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Wait in Florida your 4-wheeler can be street legal with lights and such??

07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
I swear i saw someone pull in with a blaster on their truck

dreadhed
07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
There is no such thing as a street legal 4 wheeler here in Fl. You can make a legal 3 wheeler though. I belive you can ride on Datoyna Beach. But you may want to go check out the Ocalla National Forest. I like to ride there. There is hundreds of miles of trails. You can ride all week and not see the same trail if you want. They also have nice sand pits. I recommend taking a gps with you, but if you dont you can follow the power lines. All though they can be hard to see in the middle of the forest. Hope you have fun down here in FL. I know I do.
Gabe

dreadhed
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
There is no such thing as a street legal 4 wheeler here in Fl. You can make a legal 3 wheeler though. I belive you can ride on Datoyna Beach. But you may want to go check out the Ocalla National Forest. I like to ride there. There is hundreds of miles of trails. You can ride all week and not see the same trail if you want. They also have nice sand pits. I recommend taking a gps with you, but if you dont you can follow the power lines. All though they can be hard to see in the middle of the forest. Hope you have fun down here in FL. I know I do.
Gabe

smr
07-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I believe he is talking about riding down by the boardwalk where the cars drive on the beach. You can rent quads there and ride them on the beach. I would not recomend riding yours there unless you have one that is converted to make it street legal...very few states allow this and I don't think Florida is one...however if you have one from another state then it is legal there. To make a long story short..the last time I was there the beach was only open to steet legal machines. It may have changed since I was there but I don't think so.

deathman53
07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
when I was there, our trailer was parked at the hotel right next to a beach ramp, we could have took the bikes out of the trailer and gone through the parking lot and on the beach. my understand was you only ride the quads they rent and there is a 15mph speed limit, and you will get a ticket that has points. our mx race quads would stall, boil, and return overheating, and probably get a few tickets. If you want riding, go to hardrock mx in ocalla, pax track is pretty good too.