PDA

View Full Version : NC people, check in

quadrcr161
07-13-2005, 07:39 AM
the company i work for merged with some other investors and one of them lives in NC. i was going to check to see what the racing in that area is like, how many TT tracks, MX tracks? whats the trailriding like? i have been joking around and telling them to move our office up to NC, and i would be interested in knowing the riding situation before i actually talked them into it, lol. we would probably be based in Charlotte area pretty close to the speed way. thanks for any help.

EvilJester400EX
07-13-2005, 09:21 AM
The riding near Charlotte is nice, you can choose from www.RobbinsRidgeMotorsports.com and a few local practice tracks, then about 2 hours away you have www.NcMotorsportsPark.com - basically, they have 2 motocross tracks, I forget how many miles of the best kept trails in NC, TT track. Archers Lodge is also another good one www.motoxparkeast.com There are two TT tracks that I know of, Triple C and Elizabeth City where they hold the TT national.

quadrcr161
07-13-2005, 10:06 AM
are the quads welcomed at the local tracks or are they looked down on?do the TT tracks run every weekend?
thanks for the info BTW

EvilJester400EX
07-13-2005, 01:48 PM
For the most part quads and bikes get along great around here, it's basically equal. The TT tracks don't run every weekend but they have a few scheduled practices. I know they have one at least once a month.

quadrcr161
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
cool, i could deal with a few practices and race a tt if i didnt have to go back to riding MX. whats the city like, and outside areas?

bigfoot300ex
07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
yea i go to robbins ridge all the time
its got a pretty good mx track with a tt track being built right now
you also have parker valley and top gun and some others but im not sure how far they are from charlotte

smorris
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
We have at least one TT series running from around march to oct.
Usually have a couple of races a month.I think it's called the southern atv series now.There are several tracks we run.--
Triple C , Birch creek , North Carolina motorsports park, Elizabeth City,and east bend.They usually do pretty well scheduling them between the nationals so yu can run both if ya want.We have a pretty good crowd at the tt races.Check out www.atvnc.com
and look in the tt section.Several fast NC racers do the national series too.We have Mandy Brodil,Nathan Dallas,Candice Lee,Chuckie Creech,Michael Blanchard,Houston,Brad Riley,Houston Lowder,Bryan Sallaz,Andrea Pritchart,used to have Glenn Bailey but he retired from the atv's,and then theres me.There are a lot more but too many to name.

quadrcr161
07-14-2005, 03:46 PM
thanks ill check it out, how far of a drive from charlotte would most riding/racing be? if i do move up there i will try to look for a place about 30mins or so out of town.

EvilJester400EX
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
From Charlotte to NCMP and Motox Park east would be 2 hours. Robbins Ridge, Parker Valley, and Top Gun are all within an hour to Charlotte I believe.

Rrider4life8
07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
parker valley, topgun and shelby and are within an hour of Charlotte.