PDA

View Full Version : JH Racing ZPS/Dual Rate Rear shock w/ GTT Link Ride Review

RedRacer44
07-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Well, I dropped the quad off this week at JH Racing and he converted the shock to a ZPS/Dual Rate setup but he did his own valving to make the shock work with the GT MX Linkage. All I got to say is WOW! This is the way to go if you dont wanna spend the serious $$$ for an aftermarket rear shock/linkage like what Elka has to offer.....

I went out to one of our local tracks this evening for some seat time before the TQRA this weekend and put the shock through the paces. I threw everything I could at the rear end and it worked flawlessly. I even cased a few jumps to see how it'd do....just soaked 'em up. Never bucked or swapped through the rough stuff like braking bumps or the small whooped out rythym (spelling) section at the track. It never showed any signs of packing up or fading, worked flawlessly the whole evening.

I even over-jumped the double/double section and the 75 foot table top, never could get the shock to bottom out, just soaked it all up once again. And of course, it was very very plush when you landed jumps smoothly like you were suppose to :D

Only thing I didnt get to try out was a true section of whoops which I'm going out to my friends house to ride at his track later on in the week....they have a couple sections of whoops. So I'm going to pound it through 'em and see what happens :devil:

As I stated before....this setup works great and is a great way to go versus spending serious $$$ for an aftermarket rear shock......

I'll get some pictures tomorrow...I also bought some white plastic :devil:

kazpr
07-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Ok cool can not wait to see the pics!!

JH Racing
07-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I am glad to hear you happy with it.
Thank you for the compliments.
See you at Moto City

RedRacer44
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Here are a couple pictures of the new shock setup.....

RedRacer44
07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
And another of the rear shock.....

RedRacer44
07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Dont mind the rust on the chain.....just washed it last night :o

kazpr
07-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Get me a picture of the bike with white plastic now!! :)

chris450R
07-17-2005, 01:49 PM
sorry to bring this thread back up, but i had a question about the rebuild. did you get extra travel out of the shock with the linkage and valving? or is it still stock travle just works awhole lot better? right now i have the C&D mx revalve on mine and i would love to have the rear set up this way. don't get me wrong though i have loved the C&D work on my shocks but i want some more travel and a little better performance for mx.

thanks, chris

RedRacer44
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM
The GT Thunder MX linkage on my quad is what adds the extra travel for me. Not sure how many inches of travel I'm getting but after having the dual rate/zps spring setup added along with the new valving....it works greats with the linkage.

Since you already have the dual rate/zps spring setup, you could just buy the GT Thunder Linkage and then send the shock to JH Racing to have the valving changed to work with the new linkage.

Mxracer53
07-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey redracer what classes do you race?

chris450R
07-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
The GT Thunder MX linkage on my quad is what adds the extra travel for me. Not sure how many inches of travel I'm getting but after having the dual rate/zps spring setup added along with the new valving....it works greats with the linkage.

Since you already have the dual rate/zps spring setup, you could just buy the GT Thunder Linkage and then send the shock to JH Racing to have the valving changed to work with the new linkage.

yeah that is what figured i could do is buy the linkage and send it and my rear shock to JH and have him revalve it. thanks alot for the info, too.

RedRacer44
07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
I race A class at our local tracks, Open B and Open 4-Stroke at TQRAs, and 4-Stroke C/265 C at what few nationals I get to go to. Why do ya ask?

You'll just have to send JH your rear shock and your valving specs like your weight, etc....no need to send the linkage. He knows what works as far as setting up the rear shock from testing my bike after he did my rear end.

Mxracer53
07-17-2005, 09:35 PM
well because i was thinking goin that setup to race some nationals in b or c lcass an was wonderin if it was good enough. im kinda on a budget.

RedRacer44
07-17-2005, 10:21 PM
If you're running B or C class at nationals, you're not going to over-ride this suspension setup, trust me!

Mxracer53
07-18-2005, 09:55 AM
thanks, just makin sure my burgard a-arms are beat up i might replace them with jb a-arms.