PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle on 450r

450rboy
07-12-2005, 10:26 PM
well does anyone got a twist throttle on there 450r because i was thinking about get one. but i have know idea how they feel

07-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 450rboy
well does anyone got a twist throttle on there 450r because i was thinking about get one. but i have know idea how they feel if you ride trails & have been using a thumb throttle for awhile then I would stay away...seems like you are always having to either pin it or have nothing...going up hills SUCKS BID DONKEY DIx TOO!

Smoker
07-13-2005, 05:44 AM
It's an adjustment, I had twist throttles on the two quads I own the first week I owned them. I'm used to them and feel they are very confortable and enable you to keep a good grip through the rough stuff, you have to get used to not knocking the throttle WFO when you bumps and jumps, if you've never used one. :p

hondaryder42
07-13-2005, 11:36 AM
:cool: :cool: thumb :D :D

roostin_dale
07-13-2005, 11:43 AM
i had a twist on my old quad...my old XC bike that is. And i hated it, worst mod i ever put on my quad. Expecially in mud/hills. You cant hold onto it in the mud...its harder to turn fast. Going up hills just sucks....i hated it..and if dirt or mud gets into it, it will stick WFO on you...untill a tree stops you

Smoker
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
It does suck if you get mud packed on your glove, I usually use a grip with a rib so you can get traction if it's gooey out. I've never had a sticking problem. It sounds like you had a bad experience 3M (MixMasterMike) it's all preference and you don't know if you'll like unless you try it, I won't have anything but a twist throttle, but that's me. :p

07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
riding the atv turned into a chore and hassle when I had my twist throttle on there. I stopped even feeling like riding a few times b/c I hated it so much. I'm just glad it was free on a contest I won.